Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Have this in translucent light. Needed a drugstore powder to avoid constantly using my expensive Tarte powder. It's thick, glittery and very matte. The glitter doesn't transfer out of the container and the powder overall is very good for baking the whole face. I wouldn't use this throughout the day to touch up as I feel like it will just make things very cakey but for what I need it to do this is a very good option.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very nice and affordable setting powder. I got it in the color 105 Translucent Fair. It's neutral, but it has a yellow cast- perfect for brightening up the complexion. Seems to be a great chameleon; it just melts into your foundation color, perfecting it. Even when I had a darker foundation for the summer I still was able to use this color. While I do think it's a good value, it's a little small. It's only .7oz. And I paid roughly $6USD for it. I'm a little spoiled, because Coty's Airspun is 2.3oz. and around the same price. And, speaking of Airspun, it is famous for pouffing out in a cloud of powder when you close or open the container, and some people comment about its potential to fall onto one's shirt when it's applied. This Cover Girl powder is worse. Much worse, in my opinion. I *have* to change my shirt after applying it, or apply it before I get dressed... over the sink, because it'll get all over your vanity if you don't. A great powder; just messy.

This was the first ever powder foundation I purchased in my life. 105 translucent fair works pretty well on my fair, cool skin (NW13). Eventually I made the switch to Clinique's pressed powder, which I prefer.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.
I have no issue with the smell, and it kind of bothers me that people are rating the product on the smell alone, as opposed to its ability to do its job. I personally like the smell. And this powder definitely does the job.
My coworker recommended this to me when I was telling her that I was looking for a loose powder- I HATE pressed powders, they always look awful on my skin. For $6.99 this powder definitely does the job. It really gives my face this natural look when I'm done putting on my concealer or foundation. I think it's a bit closer to my skin tone than the concealers/foundations so it really helps to make it look like I'm not wearing makeup. It goes on very light and it's easy to blend if you accidentally put too much on, but that's pretty hard to do since this powder is so fine. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this powder because I wanted to replace my heavier powders with something lighter to finish up my fo9undation routine. Safe to say that at Target this was only 6.99 CAD, so I thought why not? Well, I bought the lightest color, translucent fair, which was still 2 shades too dark for my NC15 skin. I put it on and it did not really set anything, or cover anything. I still had waxy spots on my face and it also splotched orange on my cheeks. Not only that but the scent is AWFUL. It smells like cold cream, and lasts a god five minutes before you get used to it. Even with all these reasons, the real reason I hated this product was because it broke me out within an hour of application. 7 new spots, that's a new record! I gave it to my sis to try, she's 14 and perhaps her skin will react better.

on 12/5/2014 9:20:00 AM

I'm one of those people who doesn't really care about packaging, as long as the product is good. I never ever thought to buy this. I never thought it would have any potential. Recently at Walmart I was looking for a BB Cream and some new powder since my MAC Careblend wasn't doing it for the oilies any longer. I honestly only bought this because it looked like the most product for the lowest price. I am SO glad I did! Transluscent light is a perfect match for my NW13 skin. The main thing I like about this, is that it keeps me matte without looking flat ALL DAY LONG. No other powder I have ever used in my life has done this for me. I don't have to touch up my makeup at all throughout the day. My daily routine is to apply Maracuja oil over my entire face, apply MAC Face and Body foundation (2 coats) and then dust this all over my face. I do this around 6:00 am everyday and I don't get to wash my face until around 7pm everynight and my face isn't gross looking at all and my makeup is still intact. The one thing I have noticed about this is the scent. Smells sort of like Noxema, but I don't mind. It dissipates quickly after application. Highly recommend this powder - it's a drug store gem!

EDIT: So, after some back and forth, I've figured out that this is what has been breaking me out. I'm really pissed because I loved how it looked on my skin. It caused such bad breakouts though that I can honestly say I won't ever use it again. I NEVER break out. I use MAC cosmetics which everyone knows are rather heavy and have no issues. This broke me out in a dozen pimples, cysts, etc. Never ever again. Buyer beware!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Smells fantastic! If you like smelling like a mixture of old people's soap and dead flowers.

Okay honestly the smell isn't the best, but I don't really care about that. For some reason, CG still thinks its an A+ marketing strategy to give all of their powders the same horrible scent. I have no idea why this is, but the scent department is really lacking in basically all of their products. (Don't get me started on the lippes. For the love of pete no one wants lips that smell like plastic and cheap perfume.)

The powder is really very good. It isn't cakey, and it leaves your skin feeling quite smooth. I have the shade translucent fair. It has some color which is what I always look for, since it really helps lighten my foundation if it is a tad too dark. The smell seems to be overpowering for some, but I don't mind it honestly. It doesn't linger, which is all I care about. It extends the wear of my foundations, which is really I wanted out of it. Some of my foundations just will not last if they are set with a pressed powder, they require a loose one. This does the job, and it's only like $6 or $7.

The packaging is awful. Luckily, I had an ELF HD powder that was almost finished, so I put this powder into that container.

If you don't mind the smell, and you can deal with the packaging, this is a very good loose powder. You can almost always find it on sale for a couple dollars cheaper, too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For the price, I will keep purchasing this powder! It is translucent so it doesnt add or take away my foundation colour. It feels light and goes on matte. One thing I dont like about this powder is that the smell is horrible. Lastly, the staying power is ok, but my skin is oily so i dont blame it :)

on 8/30/2014 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have used this once and it smells so strong i will not let this touch my skin ever again. Another product gone to waste.

on 3/16/2014 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Terrible stuff. This is the only powder I've ever bought that went into a garbage can the same day I bought it.

The pros: it's cheap. For me, that was it.

The cons: smells awful (think old dusty violets, talcum powder, sour cream, expired dollar store perfume - bleghh). The lid literally fell off several times in the 5 minutes it takes for me to apply powder and place it with the rest of my make-up which is 2 metres or less away from my mirror. That thing flat out refuses to stay on. All the shades I tried looked peachy, orange, pink or just ashy - even the translucent. Oh, and SPARKLEY. And I don't mean that soft, subtle pretty luminousity - I mean like glitter slapped on the face. Since it is so dusty and flies all over the place, I had glitter on my hands, my mirror. . .everywhere it should not be. It didn't mattify, nor even set my make-up. It's grainey and looks like you are wearing hella powder, in real life and especially in pictures. No thanks.

Avoid this at all costs. I'm really not sure who this would look good on - but there are many better DS powders to try with better textures and no scent - so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Try CoverGirl's Advanced Radiance powder instead.