COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/11/2006 7:01:00 PM

Good colores and great for setting up make-up BUT!!! contains QUATERNIUM 15 wich is according to my studying book is "the geatest formaldehyde releaser among all cosmetic preservatives causing dermatitis and allergies". Formaldehyde was prohibited for usig as sanitizer years ago due to the concern that it might be cancercausing.
I didn't know that it contains quaternium 15 at first and noticed that I was getting headaches. I also had eyeshadow trio that contains this preservative and got bright pink irritationg on the corner of my eye. Another product that contan's it is their powder bronzer.
Girls watch out for quaternium 15 and take care!

on 12/25/2007 12:42:00 PM

I find that the colored powder looks obvious up close. It does get rid of shine and sets your makeup, but only for a couple of hours. Although I use a brush too, the puff that comes with it is pretty soft. The packaging in general is not good though, when I close the lid, much of it puffs out, making a big mess! The fragrance can get annoying at times. There are definitely better products out there.

on 6/6/2009 12:32:00 AM

This is generally an OK product, but I give it kind of a low rating because it doesn't do what I need a powder to do.
1. It doesn't control oil.
2. It has a very powdery finish even over a clean face.
3. I think it has too much color for something that I just want to set my makeup, but then again the color I have may be too light for me :/
4. The packaging is super bad. the top just pops off, it doesn't screw off.

It also has I scent to it, although it doesn't stay long. But if you have allergies or you are very sensitive to scents then I would avoid this product.
:) mo

I bought this while on a search to find a loose powder to set my Revlon Colorstay foundation (love! I'm a Warm Golden in the warmer months and Golden Beige in cooler months) and I got 2 at a BOGO 50% deal about 3 weeks ago in translucent medium...it does have that strong Noxzema smell which can get a bit overwhelming. It sets oilies pretty well and it doesn't give that much of a powdery cakey look but it's ultimate downfall was the way the powder went on w/ a pinky tone on my NC30 skintone. It gave the dreaded face mask look where the face looks like a different color than the neck. At fist I thought I was just being picky and then I really started to notice it in pictures and in various lighting. I just bought Coty airspun powder in naturally neutral today...the reviews are great and I hope it works out! I buy high and low end but why spend more when you dont have to?

I like that there is a lot of product for what is paid. It is pretty good, however I found that it wasn't as good as some of the other setting powders I have bought. It's good for if you don't want to use your expensive makeup. I love the smell though.

on 8/14/2010 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The smell is very strong and smells of ancient face powder. Also, it just poofs everywhere.. the cap also doesn't screw on and way too much comes out of that sifter. I only wanted a finishing powder, but even a light application makes my face look a little powdery and 'made up'. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

Loving this loose powder, I've been searching for a good loose powder since spring is coming and I can't afford to have heavy liquid on my face. Mine is in the shade translucent sable there don't seem to be many reviews on this shade for some reason. Yes the packaging is horrid and I can tell the lid will eventually break and the sifter needs work but I'm willing to work with it, also this color for some reason has shimmers in it that surprised me because I was expecting it to be matte for a product claiming to give a natural finish. Lastly, for others that are complaining of a medicine like smell, they must not read packaging because it plainly says that it has Noxzema ingredients. All in all, I love this stuff and makes my skin look wonderful. Go try it!

on 9/13/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

A really great product at a drugstore price.

I've tried both high and low-end loose powders and truly this is at the top of my list. Annoying smell aside (it doesn't linger), it really makes you look polished and the effect lasts for hours. Also, it doesn't make you look lifeless like some powders do. It can be worn alone or as a finishing powder with great results.

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I bought this in the lightest shade offered, and it made my face look orange. Also, it had a very strong fragrance to it. It wasn't overpowering, however, and I wouldn't have minded it if it had actually looked good on my face.

on 4/23/2013 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Overall, this is very good bang for buck.
The powder is very translucent, and doesn't really add any colour at all, which is perfect for me. I use this to set my makeup as a final step after I have everything on. It really extends the wear of my makeup, if I use the powder I know it's going to last all day.
The only drawbacks are the scent, which smells like my grandma, but I find that it doesn't linger, and the package. The lid is very rigid, and brittle, cracks easily, which is a bummer if you want to pack this powder for travel. However, the base of the package works well. The powder comes out easily, and the powder puff it comes with is actually very usable.