Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/24/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking to switch from MAC loose mineral powder for a long time. Then I found this! I was paying $43 every two months at MAC, and then decided to give this a try since I was running low. What a surprise. I mean, I was blown away! The coverage was incredible, not cakey, and kept a matte finish all day long with no touch ups! It didn't enhance my fine lines, and didn't have an orange tinge to it like years ago when I switched to MAC in the first place. At $7.99, this is now my go to powder.... Save your money, this is professional MAC quality for a fraction of the cost!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

No No No No No!!!!!! Don't buy this powder!!!!! You will very disappointed. Smell very bad and powder is so cakey on the skin. Also this powder has a simmer on it. And package is so cheap and powder will make so massy!!

on 9/20/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Listen, I probably have every pressed and loose powder in my current arsenal or in my past. This one has intrigued me for a few months. I decided to purchase it - $5.99 at Target. It has that 80's Covergirl smell that I find comforting. I wear MAC NW45 so I purchased this in the color Honey. This has lots of shimmer in it and ends up looking beautiful on my skin! I used this to 'bake' my undereye concealer and it came out beautiful! I've also used it on my entire face to set foundation with good results. Nothing will keep my oil from breaking through but this just gives me such a glow with the tiny golden shimmers. An excellent product I would gladly pay triple for, this is highly underrated. The only loose setting powder I can travel with because the powder puff keeps the powder in check and below the sifter. I will be repurchasing as long as they make this.

on 6/29/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have never heard anyone talk about this powder before and it works amazingly well for me! HG status. I use it to set my foundation (it creases as an under eye setting powder) and I find it controls oil better than any other powder (including Rimmel Stay Matte, which is garbage). I've never noticed the smell before--it just smells faintly like powder. I don't think that I use very much because the same container will last me about 2 years with 5 day/wk use.
This powder in combination with Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation works better to control my oil for 15+ hours than anything else.

on 4/23/2013 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Overall, this is very good bang for buck.
The powder is very translucent, and doesn't really add any colour at all, which is perfect for me. I use this to set my makeup as a final step after I have everything on. It really extends the wear of my makeup, if I use the powder I know it's going to last all day.
The only drawbacks are the scent, which smells like my grandma, but I find that it doesn't linger, and the package. The lid is very rigid, and brittle, cracks easily, which is a bummer if you want to pack this powder for travel. However, the base of the package works well. The powder comes out easily, and the powder puff it comes with is actually very usable.

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I bought this in the lightest shade offered, and it made my face look orange. Also, it had a very strong fragrance to it. It wasn't overpowering, however, and I wouldn't have minded it if it had actually looked good on my face.

on 9/13/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

A really great product at a drugstore price.

I've tried both high and low-end loose powders and truly this is at the top of my list. Annoying smell aside (it doesn't linger), it really makes you look polished and the effect lasts for hours. Also, it doesn't make you look lifeless like some powders do. It can be worn alone or as a finishing powder with great results.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

Loving this loose powder, I've been searching for a good loose powder since spring is coming and I can't afford to have heavy liquid on my face. Mine is in the shade translucent sable there don't seem to be many reviews on this shade for some reason. Yes the packaging is horrid and I can tell the lid will eventually break and the sifter needs work but I'm willing to work with it, also this color for some reason has shimmers in it that surprised me because I was expecting it to be matte for a product claiming to give a natural finish. Lastly, for others that are complaining of a medicine like smell, they must not read packaging because it plainly says that it has Noxzema ingredients. All in all, I love this stuff and makes my skin look wonderful. Go try it!

on 8/14/2010 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The smell is very strong and smells of ancient face powder. Also, it just poofs everywhere.. the cap also doesn't screw on and way too much comes out of that sifter. I only wanted a finishing powder, but even a light application makes my face look a little powdery and 'made up'. Would not repurchase.

I like that there is a lot of product for what is paid. It is pretty good, however I found that it wasn't as good as some of the other setting powders I have bought. It's good for if you don't want to use your expensive makeup. I love the smell though.