COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

No Title

3.4

on 4/1/2006 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I generally don't wear makeup, especially foundation and powders. I decided to try a very natural looking foundation to even my skin color and decided on this power to set it due to the reviews here. I am not disappointed! The Translucent Light is a perfect match with the CG clean foundation I chose, Creamy Natural. The powder sets the foundation well and makes my skin looks matte. I love the sheerness because it's very lightweight and it really feels and looks like it's my skin, only enhanced. Much, much better than the last powder I bought (from a professional who "color analyzed" me) which was grainy and made me look like I needed to be dusted. Lost one lippie to flimsy packaging, but that won't hold me back. I also didn't notice a smell. Assuming the "nonacnegenic" claim holds, I will definetely buy it again!
UPDATE: This started looking very dusty after a while, and you could see its flakes on my skin. I recently got Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder and it's SO much better! Much finer milled, feels light and breathable, and you can hardly feel it on. The CG kept falling on my clothes, and just did not look natural. Will NOT repurchase, I trashed what I had left.

on 3/24/2007 10:05:00 PM

I did not like this product at all.
I bought the fair powder, and it made me look sickly pale. And I already have pale skin.
It looked very caked on and un-natural. Smell is horrible. Took me an hour to simply open the thing.

I usually love cover girl products, but this has to be one of the worst products I have ever tried.

on 8/14/2007 3:14:00 PM

i LOVE this product! my boyfriend always comments on how fresh it smells, and i enjoy the scent, too! i put it on after my tinted moisturizer and use the puff it came with and just tap the excess off before applying and have never had it go on cakey or cause me to breakout (i'm combination/oily skinned). a little does go a long way, so this jar will last me quite awhile, but i'm positive that when i do finally run out - i will repurchase this. i use translucent/medium and its perfect for my fair to medium skin. i was really surprised to see all the negative reviews here, i've had nothing but great results with this.
EDIT: I stopped using the puff that came with this powder as it had become sort of caked w/powder and now just use a big brush - still love the powder but now agree with many other reviewers about the puff that comes packaged w/it!

on 12/9/2007 5:15:00 PM

A nice product if you just want to remove shine and you aren't going for a professional look.

I felt that the colors available did not match my skin tone and I was disappointed with the overall result. The formula does rid shine, but creates a very cakey and very obvious result that is hard to blend when there are not many color options available.

If I ever use it again, I will try to use it in translucent and use a wet Kleenex to blot it off my face so it is not as heavy.

on 12/25/2007 12:42:00 PM

I find that the colored powder looks obvious up close. It does get rid of shine and sets your makeup, but only for a couple of hours. Although I use a brush too, the puff that comes with it is pretty soft. The packaging in general is not good though, when I close the lid, much of it puffs out, making a big mess! The fragrance can get annoying at times. There are definitely better products out there.

i really liked this. i dont like how it opens though. when you open it the powderdoes everywhere. its a bit cakey. but it goes on good. and the colors are nice. i have found something a bit better and that is why i wont be buying this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall, it's just okay. It does have a weird overly perfume-y scent, but the only time it's present is during application. No coverage, just fine for setting foundation, and it doesn't do much for oily skin. My nose will start shining up only a few hours after application. Packaging sucks causing for messes so it's not really ideal to take along with you for touch ups. Comes with a cute puff, but that's all it is, cute. I wouldn't recommend using it. It's fuzzy and just seems like it would lead to uneven application and the perfect habitat for bacteria. I don't think I will be repurchasing.

on 9/14/2008 4:59:00 PM

I don't like the smell of this ='[
But it does a pretty decent job
It's translucent, but if you use enough, your face goes white =I don't like the pouf it comes with;
it's obviously a really cheap one you can get at the dollar store

Looks a little cakey over foundation, but looks very matte over moisturizer.. The bonus is that one containter can last a really long time!

on 6/6/2009 12:32:00 AM

This is generally an OK product, but I give it kind of a low rating because it doesn't do what I need a powder to do.
1. It doesn't control oil.
2. It has a very powdery finish even over a clean face.
3. I think it has too much color for something that I just want to set my makeup, but then again the color I have may be too light for me :/
4. The packaging is super bad. the top just pops off, it doesn't screw off.

It also has I scent to it, although it doesn't stay long. But if you have allergies or you are very sensitive to scents then I would avoid this product.
:) mo