Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Have this in translucent light. Needed a drugstore powder to avoid constantly using my expensive Tarte powder. It's thick, glittery and very matte. The glitter doesn't transfer out of the container and the powder overall is very good for baking the whole face. I wouldn't use this throughout the day to touch up as I feel like it will just make things very cakey but for what I need it to do this is a very good option.

on 9/20/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Listen, I probably have every pressed and loose powder in my current arsenal or in my past. This one has intrigued me for a few months. I decided to purchase it - $5.99 at Target. It has that 80's Covergirl smell that I find comforting. I wear MAC NW45 so I purchased this in the color Honey. This has lots of shimmer in it and ends up looking beautiful on my skin! I used this to 'bake' my undereye concealer and it came out beautiful! I've also used it on my entire face to set foundation with good results. Nothing will keep my oil from breaking through but this just gives me such a glow with the tiny golden shimmers. An excellent product I would gladly pay triple for, this is highly underrated. The only loose setting powder I can travel with because the powder puff keeps the powder in check and below the sifter. I will be repurchasing as long as they make this.

on 1/10/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is horrible. It looks like I rubbed my face in glitter, the packaging is horrible and tends to spill. Smells kind of like baby powder, and it cakes up my hole face and looks like a powdery mess.

on 6/26/2013 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Prior to this, I have always used only pressed powder. My mom kept trying to get me to try a loose powder, but I always resisted. But after trying several loose powders that didn't really work for me or weren't anything special, I decided to give this a try. I am so glad I did. I don't like the little puff that comes with it, so I apply this with a brush instead.

I purchased this in translucent medium. When I first opened the package, I was worried that it would be thick and cakey. But it is not at all. It's very light and easy to apply. It is very sheer and you can barely see it once it is on your face. I like that a lot. I spent a lot of time trying to find a pressed powder to do that. The price is reasonable and a little bit goes a long way. Other reviewers mentioned a smell that is somewhat off-putting, but I have not noticed that at all.

The only thing I don't care for with this powder is the packaging. It is not always easy to get the powder out and it kind of flies all over the place. I usually end up with powder all over the sink and my arms. But that is very minor, so I can live with it. The things I like about this powder outnumber the one minor little negative. I have no idea why I didn't try using a loose powder sooner. I will definitely repurchase this product when I run out.

Edit 8-15-2014
I have one major complaint about this foundation. It is NOT translucent. I had this in medium, and was hoping it would be colorless over my foundation. It's not. It has a definite tint to it. It doesn't look horrible. Even though I did end up repurchasing this, I also ended up throwing it out. I decided to get the Maybelline Loose Powder instead. The light is a perfect match for my Maybelline Dream Matte Liquid Mousse foundation in Natural Beige. There are instructions on the back that makes it a snap to find the right shade. I plan on sticking with loose powder, but I'm pretty much done with this one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My Mom offered to buy me a powder so I picked this one thinking it would offer coverage since loose powders offer more coverage than pressed ones. It offers NO coverage at all, it just made my face all sparkly and glittery. I returned it the next day. I would not buy this unless you would like to look like Edward Cullen's sister.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this when rite aid had a sale. I decided to give it try since it was on sale. I got 115 and its pretty good. I like to set my makeup and its light not too thick or chalky. it does have a weird smell to it. I dont like to use the applicator they give you though. I use my own flat mineral powder brush.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great inexpensive powder to set liquid foundation. It gives sheer coverage and does not go on cakey. It dusts on nicely and blends well into the skin.