COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

No Title

3.8

on 12/12/2005 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Got it in transluscent honey. Smells awful but works well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall, it's just okay. It does have a weird overly perfume-y scent, but the only time it's present is during application. No coverage, just fine for setting foundation, and it doesn't do much for oily skin. My nose will start shining up only a few hours after application. Packaging sucks causing for messes so it's not really ideal to take along with you for touch ups. Comes with a cute puff, but that's all it is, cute. I wouldn't recommend using it. It's fuzzy and just seems like it would lead to uneven application and the perfect habitat for bacteria. I don't think I will be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For the price this is, I think it works well. It's good for setting makeup, compact setting powder is better but if you bought loose you shouldn't expect the same results. I do wish they had a wider range of shades, I bought the lightest which works for me in summer but is too dark for other seasons, a shade or two lighter would be perfect. I use it over my TM in summer and it helps set it and reduce shine, it needs a re-fresh every few hours or so but anything in that price range and by a DS company will. The scent is definitely noticeable, but I have a sensitive nose and it didn't bother me, I've gotten used to it and I think I even like it. The packaging can get a little messy, but with care it won't get powder everywhere. When I first got it, I assumed the puff wasn't any good and set it aside, but using a big powder brush wasn't doing it for me with this. I switched over to the puff and have found much better results. Not my HG, but all-in-all, it's pretty good for the price. Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

worst loose powder ever. doesn't do anything except for look ugly

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i have this in translucent medium and its great as a setting powder or for every day for light coverage, it goes on well and blends well and staying power is ok. it didnt make me break out or irritate my skin at all and it gives a soft and even matte finish to my skin, where this product really loses me is it has a pretty strong almost rosy/ baby powder scent to it that i could really do without. the packaging is ok ive never travelled with it but it can get messy. it comes with a cute puff and they give you quite alot for the amount your paying but i still really dont like the scent.

on 7/27/2009 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very fair skin, and this product was way too dark for me. It also caked throughout the day in certain places on my face and melted in others. I am not going to be buying this again. =)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

What a surprise for just a few dollars! I bought this before a last minute wedding job and I was short on cash. My only prayer was that the powder didn't turn out too shimmery on the skin and it didn't! I bought the honey shade #120 and it worked great on several skin tones. The bride stayed matte for hours and she just glowed. The noxema smell isn't too bad for me and the sifter wasn't bad either. The only "upgrade" i would have liked would be a screw on top. I can see this being a problem after a while after it shifts around in my kit.

on 12/29/2009 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm patiently waiting for my E.L.F. powder to arrive so that I can toss this one. It's not the right kind of powder for me. Since I have oily skin, I need one that can control the oilies. And this powder just doesn't do that to any degree. It doesn't blend very well, either.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lets just start off with that this is a super great product! It doesnt look cakey, it looks super natural and it controls oil. It also has good coverage, sometimes if i am really lazy i just use it alone without my foundation and it looks great. The only thing i dont like about the product is the odd smell when you first open the package. Its not a bad smell, but it is strong, but when its on your face you cant smell it. But after a few days the smell kinda goes away. I really love this product!

on 11/27/2011 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I lovelovelovelove this product!! It's cheap, effective, and I really like the way it smells (clean!).

I have very oily skin, so I apply this on top of my foundation to set it and make sure that no oil pops up. It does have a little bit of a shimmer to it, which I like, but can get annoying.

I took off a lippie because of the packaging which is absolutely horrible. First of all, the product gets all messy inside the container once you take the puff that it comes with out. Then, the container's lid is constantly falling off, you cannot throw it in your makeup bag, even for travel, without a rubber band around it to make sure nothing falls out. Finally, the lid is ALWAY cracking. I have not gone through a package yet where my lid has not cracked.

Overall though, and excellent drugstore brand product!