COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.3

on 12/10/2004 10:55:00 PM

This stuff sets my make-up well, and lasts a while...I don't usually have to reapply. Since it's translucent, I just let my foundation do all the work of coverage, I just use this powder to get a more matte look, and set my foundation. The only bad thing is, which is why I took off a lippie, is because 1) it has a weird smell, which goes away after a while and 2) the top doesn't screw off, you kind of just place it on there, it seems like if I carried it anywhere, like travelling or something, it would spill everywhere.

on 4/24/2005 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've got this in Translucent Light, and it does a good job of setting my foundation. The smell doesn't bother me, and I kinda like the little sifter thing in the package. I probably won't need another loose powder for a long time because there's a generous amount in this one, so I don't know if I'd buy it again.

on 5/11/2006 7:01:00 PM

Good colores and great for setting up make-up BUT!!! contains QUATERNIUM 15 wich is according to my studying book is "the geatest formaldehyde releaser among all cosmetic preservatives causing dermatitis and allergies". Formaldehyde was prohibited for usig as sanitizer years ago due to the concern that it might be cancercausing.
I didn't know that it contains quaternium 15 at first and noticed that I was getting headaches. I also had eyeshadow trio that contains this preservative and got bright pink irritationg on the corner of my eye. Another product that contan's it is their powder bronzer.
Girls watch out for quaternium 15 and take care!

Not the worst I used, but not my HG. When applied with the pouf, I find it to be too sheer. So I use a big blush brush and it works better. I apply it sometimes over my foundation and it gives fine results. Probably won't repurchase, will try something else.

on 7/2/2006 7:48:00 AM

I really don't like this product. I used to use it in middle school, when I would use it just because it made me feel like a movie star. But if I use it NOW, it is disguisting. By the end of the day, it almost melts off and turns orange, even when I use the lightest shades. It feels thick, almost like a couple more layers of skin, and that really annoys me. it also tends to get all over the place when I use it.

Well, I've used this for years. It's an okay product...not great, but not horrible. I kind of like the smell, to be honest, and the lightest shade fits my skin tone pretty well. However, I despise the packaging. I never use the little puff that comes with it--I use a powder brush, and the product gets everywhere. I'm constantly leaving the house unaware that there's a ton of loose powder sprinkled all over the front of my top. I use it to set my makeup and it does a decent job, but I'm starting to want something a bit more silky and finely milled. I've been trying to avoid shelling out major bucks for a good loose powder, but I think I'm finally going to cave in and buy NARS.

Love this stuff....one little jar lasts forever. I have had several of these and have never had a reason to switch to a more finely milled powder. This one is cheap and works fabulously. The container is bothersome at times...I have to figure out a way to shake the powder out without getting it all over me!

on 12/20/2006 9:53:00 PM

when i was younger my mom used this- and i LOVE it im surprised the reviews werent better for this idk i love everthing about this loose powder i use the puff but usually will buy a new pufff every few weeks for the cleanliness factor ive never broken out from using it and i have been known to break out easily.

on 3/24/2007 10:05:00 PM

I did not like this product at all.
I bought the fair powder, and it made me look sickly pale. And I already have pale skin.
It looked very caked on and un-natural. Smell is horrible. Took me an hour to simply open the thing.

I usually love cover girl products, but this has to be one of the worst products I have ever tried.

on 6/17/2007 10:07:00 PM

Not a bad product. The smell is not that great tho. It's an ok powder, and I've never once broken out with it (I have combo skin btw). The only beef I have with this is the packaging. I dont use the sponge first of all, it applies too much powder onto my face. Brush is way better. Second thing is the way the box is designed. Every time i open the lid, theres too much powder in there so my brush catches a lot of unnecessary product (big waste). And the second problem is that when I close the lid, a huge puff of powder flies out of it and wasting more of the product not to mention making a mess everywhere. I don't think i would buy this again cuz I'm sure there are better stuff out there that smells better.