Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.3

I usually use NYX translucent HD powder. Laura Mercier or Makeup Forever if I'm splurging. I was at Target and they were out of the NYX so I thought I would give this a try. The first warning sign should have been the color name. Fair translucent? No! I just want translucent- no color. Powder oxidizes my foundation. Atm, I'm tanned so it's not an issue. The smell is god awful. The puff that comes with it is awkward and causes the powder to go on heavy and cakey. When I switched to my normal powder brush the product wasn't bad.

Not a terrible option for drugstore- but NYX HD def blows this out of the water!

on 4/20/2017 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this yesterday for little over 5$ (Canadian) since it was on special and I was actually looking for an inexpensive loose powder. I’ve been watching loads of videos on how to bake the undereye and set makeup so needless to say, I was dying to try it out at home. However, I wasn’t going to spring for Laura Mercier for my first loose powder purchase since it’s way up there in price.

So far, I’m thoroughly enjoying this powder.

The pros include: decent quantity, brightening yellow undertones, perfectly mattifying and a little goes a long way. For baking, I just dipped the tip of my RT sponge and it went on my undereye nicely. I patted a bit on the rest of my face with a fluffy powder brush and it pretty much just melted in with my foundation.

Of course there are a couple of cons, such as the floral scent which some people certainly loathe (I actually like it because it reminds me of old school Noxema!), not to mention the cheapie packaging. I don’t think it woud break the bank for CG to at least change the top cover from the horrid 80’s brown color to something else. It’s also a very messy product but that will inevitably be the case for any drugstore loose powder.

The powder came with a small velour-like puff which I actually love. I don’t use it to apply the CG loose powder however. Instead, I’ve put it inside my FitMe Poreless Pressed powder because I find it does a far better job than their sponge!

I will update my rating if I break out or something in a week. But so far I have to say that I’m really loving this powder and I’m so glad I spent 5 something instead of 45$!

UPDATE: No breakouts, love this powder!

This powder has a great texture and personally I love the scent! I love how soft it is and it really gets the job done. In my personal experience my under eye concealer has lasted all day and I love to use it to mattify my face if it ever gets a bit oily. My one problem with this, which unfortunately is huge, is that it is not a flash photo friendly powder. I learnt this the hard way and all my videos/pictures from nights (yes, it happened more than once, unfortunately,) out were ruined because of how WHITE my under eyes looked. Its my fault for not being careful, and still love the powder but Im going to have to find a flash friendly powder now. The packaging gets the job done, I like to tap powder into the cap and then return unused powder into the "tub" afterwards, which can get messy. Overall, the powder itself is amazing except when it comes to flash photography!

This was the first ever powder foundation I purchased in my life. 105 translucent fair works pretty well on my fair, cool skin (NW13). Eventually I made the switch to Clinique's pressed powder, which I prefer.

on 6/24/2016 6:58:00 PM

Love this for setting foundation. It has a strong rosy/silky smell to it but it's not bad at all. This powder is definitely something I'd look for in a powder. It's very silky and a little goes a long way. If you use too much obviously it'll look cakey so be careful! This will last you a very long time!

on 4/6/2016 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a really great powder overall. I used to use this back in the day when I was in high school and forgot about it for years as I dabbled more and more into the world of high end beauty/makeup.

I got mine in the shade "translucent fair" although I have noticed it is sometimes called "transparent fair" which leads me to believe they are 2 different products...but back to the review: when applied with a damp beauty blender this gives me the most flawless finish and brightening effect under my eyes, and I actually enjoy that the fair shade is slightly yellow toned (even if I am neutral/cool toned). The shimmer in the powder completely fades upon application as does the scent which I really don't mind all that much.

The only reason I give it 4 stars is because of the price. Though not quite what most would consider expensive, I feel that $7 at walmart even is just too much. For the amount you get and the cheapy packaging, I feel that they could stand to lower the price by a couple of dollars. Other than that, I think this is a great setting powder and baking powder if you're into that sort of thing! Will continue to re-purchase and use!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

No No No No No!!!!!! Don't buy this powder!!!!! You will very disappointed. Smell very bad and powder is so cakey on the skin. Also this powder has a simmer on it. And package is so cheap and powder will make so massy!!

on 12/16/2015 10:37:00 PM

This product ends up looking cakey on my face, however I do counteract it with my PIxi Dewy Glow Mist, thus kept using it. However, I've noticed I'm disliking it more and more due to the strong scent. It didn't bug me at first, but the more I use it the more noticeable it is to the point of giving me a headache. Also, it weirdly causes me to have a runny nose....
However, this may be better for someone with oily skin and not sensitive to scents because it does help your makeup stay on longer.

on 8/8/2015 6:09:00 PM

I have tried several powders and this one is excellent. Please don't think it is a cheap product because of the price (that's just an added bonus!). I love that I finally found a powder that doesn't make me look overly powdered and dull. This will set your makeup without the loss of the radiance that you want to keep in your look. I do find that a brush works better than the included puff.

on 5/1/2015 1:43:00 PM

I have been using this powder for several years and I love it! I have oily skin with large pores which makes finding a foundation very difficult, so most days I just put concealer on any spots and then use this powder. I like the coverage - it evens out my skin and looks really natural, and I like that my freckles still show through. I also have sensitive and acne-prone skin and this has never been an issue, and I've been using it almost every day for years. I've read that people have an issue with the smell, but I actually really like the smell of this. I Highly recommend this if you're looking for a good loose powder.