COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/26/2005 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This powder is ok. It sets makeup well and it also wears well. When used with oil-control foundation it keeps my skin shone free all day. The puff thing that comes with it does not work very well, i use a brush instead. Probably won't repurchase b/c I like Clinique's better.

on 12/16/2005 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

At first I tried NYC's loose powder. They only had three colors available so it was hard to match. Covergirl has more color choices, and costs about $2 dollars more but it is worth it. I put this powder over my foundation, and it feels smooth. I like it because it is loose powder, compared to pressed powder.

This stuff is terrific! I have a jar on my dresser and i always dab some on before i go out, wherever Iam going and it just absorbs everything and it just is nice and soft and gives good coverage and i love it=D. I also put some on my neck. I wish i could carry it with me!

I don't use the little puff thing; I use a brush instead. I put it on top of my foundation, and I really like it. It has a very natural and light finish; I also love the smell. :-)

on 12/9/2007 5:15:00 PM

A nice product if you just want to remove shine and you aren't going for a professional look.

I felt that the colors available did not match my skin tone and I was disappointed with the overall result. The formula does rid shine, but creates a very cakey and very obvious result that is hard to blend when there are not many color options available.

If I ever use it again, I will try to use it in translucent and use a wet Kleenex to blot it off my face so it is not as heavy.

i really liked this. i dont like how it opens though. when you open it the powderdoes everywhere. its a bit cakey. but it goes on good. and the colors are nice. i have found something a bit better and that is why i wont be buying this again.

on 8/22/2008 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am a firm believer in loose powders! This one works for me, but I can understand why it wouldn't work for everyone. I have pretty clear skin and don't use a foundation. I brush a little of this product all over my face to get rid of any shine. If you have just a little shine, this is great. I don't think it would work for oily skin. This powder instantly evens out my skin tone. I touch it up when I need to and it's a great quick fix if you just want to look freshened up instantly. It does have a strong fragrance to it which I'd rather not have, but it goes away over time. The packaging can get a little messy especially if it turns upside down in your bag or something, you open it up and POOF it goes everywhere, but I just be careful about it. And as a plus, the puff that comes with it is amazing! It the fluffiest I've seen and spreads the powder very well and very gently. This product meets my simple needs so I'd definitely buy it again. But if you have more complex needs I'd keep looking!

UPDATE: I decided to try out Ben Nye Cameo Visage Poudre (their Fair Translucent also works wonderful just the same), and I'm sold! Fragrance free, amazing mattifying qualities, perfect pigmentation, lasts all day, and even more of an amazing value than Cover Girl. My HG loose powder!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I was running out of my Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder, and bought this product based on three things: 1) its cheap, 2) I like the container and 3) its loose powder.

I thought I'd give this a try....

First all, I noticed a lot of people wrote that it has a funny smell. Actually, almost all Cover Girl face products have Noxema in it, to help keep your skin in good condition and not break out. So thats what you're smelling. I personally like the smell :)

Second... I have oily skin, and maybe I'm used to Revolon's Colorstay Pressed Powder, but this Covergirl Loose Powder doesn't really last thru out the day. Within 3 hours of wearing it I noticed my face was shiny and that the powder didn't give me much coverage. I didn't use the puff, I used a kabuki brush that I have separately. At first, I thought it was good because the color matched well and it has a teeny amount of shimmer it in, which was nice. But it doesn't last long nor provide much coverage. With Revlon's Colorstay Pressed Powder, I didn't need any touch up at all or no reapplication.

Third, I will probably dump it out and use the containter for Revlon's Mineral Powder Foundation. The packaging for that powder really sucks so I'll probably dump it into the Covergirl Loose Powder container :P

Then again, this is fhe first day of me using the powder... but it doesn't look hopeful so far :(

I gave it two lippies, because of 1) the container and 2) the color is actually nice. Just needs to have better staying power and coverage. I guess this is good if you don't want much coverage at all?? Because I have oily skin, I'm looking for more of a matte finish, and this didn't give me the results I was looking for. Guess I'll go back to revlon!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I originally decided to try CG's loose powder because I wanted something to set my foundation, and wasn't willing to shell out money to something I don't really consider a staple. I like that it's cheap, and it really does give a natural finish to my MAC Studio Fix-finished face. The smell doesn't bother me since it doesn't linger on, and I can't really say if it controls oil, because my face is not oily.

I consider this an average product, since I've never tried any other loose powder to compare it with, and at the the end of the day I'm pretty sure most of it has come off. I'm not really sure if I would re-purchase again, but I overall I think this a decent product, that won't empty out your wallet.

on 8/14/2009 12:36:00 AM

The product itself isn't so bad, the packaging is horrible. It makes no logical sense. Somehow the product just does not come out of the holes distributed at the top of the container, and the little bit that does get out sticks to a crummy pad that got cakey after the second day of use.

Apart from the stupidity of the packaging, it's a decent product. It has a weird, medicine-y scent to it, and the color is called Translucent Light but it shows up almost tan on me... good thing it's summer. I really do like this product though because by the end of the day my face still looks oil-free and my skintone even.