Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very nice and affordable setting powder. I got it in the color 105 Translucent Fair. It's neutral, but it has a yellow cast- perfect for brightening up the complexion. Seems to be a great chameleon; it just melts into your foundation color, perfecting it. Even when I had a darker foundation for the summer I still was able to use this color. While I do think it's a good value, it's a little small. It's only .7oz. And I paid roughly $6USD for it. I'm a little spoiled, because Coty's Airspun is 2.3oz. and around the same price. And, speaking of Airspun, it is famous for pouffing out in a cloud of powder when you close or open the container, and some people comment about its potential to fall onto one's shirt when it's applied. This Cover Girl powder is worse. Much worse, in my opinion. I *have* to change my shirt after applying it, or apply it before I get dressed... over the sink, because it'll get all over your vanity if you don't. A great powder; just messy.

on 4/23/2013 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Overall, this is very good bang for buck.
The powder is very translucent, and doesn't really add any colour at all, which is perfect for me. I use this to set my makeup as a final step after I have everything on. It really extends the wear of my makeup, if I use the powder I know it's going to last all day.
The only drawbacks are the scent, which smells like my grandma, but I find that it doesn't linger, and the package. The lid is very rigid, and brittle, cracks easily, which is a bummer if you want to pack this powder for travel. However, the base of the package works well. The powder comes out easily, and the powder puff it comes with is actually very usable.

on 3/23/2011 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fine and does the job. Smells like baby powder though. When used over my liquid foundation (or tined moisturizer on the good days) gives a nice matte finish. The smell surpasses after application. Powder puff included. I prefer this to pressed powders.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

CONS:
1. can't stand the smell...it smells like something that's past the expiration date
2. makes my concealer look cakey
3. pop off lid + clumsy=disaster...not something you can carry arround to touch up your face
4. stains clothing

PROS:
1. my nose is sensitive so you may like the smell
2. i have dry skin so i think it works better for those who don't
3. it's cheap (around $6)
4. lasts a long time

OVERALL: i'm a firm believer in quality bc you only have one face. i don't trust drugstore powders at all. i can care less about brands, but my experience with this has made me hate drugstore powders. great if it works for you, but i definitely don't recommend it.