Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

4.4

on 2/27/2017 10:08:00 PM

OMG this is my holy grail product for baking! I casually found this one day at Walmart and decided to pick it up. I've always used the Lauria Mercie transulcant powder but that really dries out my skin, this one never does. This loose powder is really good if you pair it up with a cream based concealer or foundation! If your using a liquid base it will not set it properly. I am in love and recommend this to anyone.

on 2/23/2015 11:49:00 PM

I've been using this to set my liquid foundations for about 3 years now. I don't care to use any other loose powder. It sets my foundation flawlessly

on 9/29/2010 11:31:00 AM

A friend had bought this, never used it, and gave it to me. The shade is translucent medium. I don't need face powder, but I like trying new things, so I wore it yesterday. The first thing I have to say is I try not to buy CG products because they are not cruelty free, although I have bought the occasional CG item. However, this is a good basic face powder, and a container of it should last you a while. It comes in a sifter jar that is convenient and sturdy enough as long as you're not carrying it around with you (which I don't recommend for loose powder anyway!). I don't like the scent, but I don't find it overwhelming either--once you apply the powder, the smell is gone. The puff is fine--I like using one sometimes--but I used a brush to apply this since the color is a little darker than what I usually wear. The color and texture of the powder are good, and it mattifies and "finishes" foundation well. As to lasting power, I did have to blot my face after a few hours, and then re-powder a couple of hours after that.
I did check the ingredients on this, and the list is very long. It also includes some unnecessary ingredients, such as mineral oil, camphor, and menthol that could possibly irritate sensitive skin.
This is a nice basic face powder at a good price. If I weren't trying to go cruelty-free, I would definitely consider buying this in the light shade if I needed powder.

on 11/10/2009 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The first time I tried this was when I was very tight on money and could not afford my department store loose powder (you know what I mean - we've all been there). I was very pleasantly surprised with the product. It worked well with my foundation, it was very affordable (dirt cheap compared to department store brands), and very easy to find (just about any drugstore or discount store carries it). It soon became my loose powder of choice. I admit I have tried other drugstore powders just to see if there is something better, but haven't found anything that does better for the price.

I thought that this was a GREAT product! I loved the pouf, as it was big and blended the powder very well. It smelled good, but was a little too strongI could smell it when the cardboard was still covering it! However, it cancelled out the smell of my Neutrogena SkinClearing Tint, and made my face smell normal. I liked the packaging, and there sure is a lot of product in there, wow! I may try the NYC Loose Powder, as I've read a lot of great reviews about it, however I will definitely repurchase this lovely, lovely product. :-)