Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Have this in translucent light. Needed a drugstore powder to avoid constantly using my expensive Tarte powder. It's thick, glittery and very matte. The glitter doesn't transfer out of the container and the powder overall is very good for baking the whole face. I wouldn't use this throughout the day to touch up as I feel like it will just make things very cakey but for what I need it to do this is a very good option.

on 4/20/2017 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this yesterday for little over 5$ (Canadian) since it was on special and I was actually looking for an inexpensive loose powder. I’ve been watching loads of videos on how to bake the undereye and set makeup so needless to say, I was dying to try it out at home. However, I wasn’t going to spring for Laura Mercier for my first loose powder purchase since it’s way up there in price.

So far, I’m thoroughly enjoying this powder.

The pros include: decent quantity, brightening yellow undertones, perfectly mattifying and a little goes a long way. For baking, I just dipped the tip of my RT sponge and it went on my undereye nicely. I patted a bit on the rest of my face with a fluffy powder brush and it pretty much just melted in with my foundation.

Of course there are a couple of cons, such as the floral scent which some people certainly loathe (I actually like it because it reminds me of old school Noxema!), not to mention the cheapie packaging. I don’t think it woud break the bank for CG to at least change the top cover from the horrid 80’s brown color to something else. It’s also a very messy product but that will inevitably be the case for any drugstore loose powder.

The powder came with a small velour-like puff which I actually love. I don’t use it to apply the CG loose powder however. Instead, I’ve put it inside my FitMe Poreless Pressed powder because I find it does a far better job than their sponge!

I will update my rating if I break out or something in a week. But so far I have to say that I’m really loving this powder and I’m so glad I spent 5 something instead of 45$!

UPDATE: No breakouts, love this powder!

on 2/27/2017 10:08:00 PM

OMG this is my holy grail product for baking! I casually found this one day at Walmart and decided to pick it up. I've always used the Lauria Mercie transulcant powder but that really dries out my skin, this one never does. This loose powder is really good if you pair it up with a cream based concealer or foundation! If your using a liquid base it will not set it properly. I am in love and recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very nice and affordable setting powder. I got it in the color 105 Translucent Fair. It's neutral, but it has a yellow cast- perfect for brightening up the complexion. Seems to be a great chameleon; it just melts into your foundation color, perfecting it. Even when I had a darker foundation for the summer I still was able to use this color. While I do think it's a good value, it's a little small. It's only .7oz. And I paid roughly $6USD for it. I'm a little spoiled, because Coty's Airspun is 2.3oz. and around the same price. And, speaking of Airspun, it is famous for pouffing out in a cloud of powder when you close or open the container, and some people comment about its potential to fall onto one's shirt when it's applied. This Cover Girl powder is worse. Much worse, in my opinion. I *have* to change my shirt after applying it, or apply it before I get dressed... over the sink, because it'll get all over your vanity if you don't. A great powder; just messy.

on 8/24/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking to switch from MAC loose mineral powder for a long time. Then I found this! I was paying $43 every two months at MAC, and then decided to give this a try since I was running low. What a surprise. I mean, I was blown away! The coverage was incredible, not cakey, and kept a matte finish all day long with no touch ups! It didn't enhance my fine lines, and didn't have an orange tinge to it like years ago when I switched to MAC in the first place. At $7.99, this is now my go to powder.... Save your money, this is professional MAC quality for a fraction of the cost!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm pleasantly surprises by this powder. I usually steer clear of covergirl products but after reading some of the reviews here I decided to give it a try. I have very oily skin and have been searching for a product that is right for me. I apply sunscreen, then primer, then dust my face with this powder and I find it gives me a very natural and flattering finish. I have clear skin, except for a cystic pimple once in a while, and I find this powder alone gives my skin a nice, natural boost. My skin is left soft after applying and it makes a great base for my bronzer and highlight. It also helps keep me matte for about 4-6 hours which is quite good when it comes to my skin. I would recommend this product as a finishing powder as well if you wear liquid foundation. As others have mentioned it does have a strong smell, but I don't mind it.

EDIT: I recently upped my review from four lippies to five after changing foundations and not being able to find a single one that compares to this. Sometimes cheaper is better.

on 1/6/2016 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder! Its such a fabulous product for the price & will last you a very, very long time. I been wanting to try this product for years & when I tried it I fell in love! It performs like a high end product & its relatively available. One thing I dont care for is the scent. It smells like Noxzema face wash, but I could look past it. Another thing is a little goes a very long way! Its lightweight as well. A light dusting will get the job done. If you apply too much product it WILL get cakey & look over powdery. However its great for baking 👍. It does have tiny specks of glitter but its very shuttle. If you have very oily skin like me, you will love this product! It controls oil very well, & last very long.It didnt break me out so Im glad. My skin can be sensitive but my skin had no negative reaction to the powder. I applied the powder after I put my foundation on & it looked flawless. I took a nap & I tend to get oily afterwards but it still looked great & didnt have to touch up. The packaging can be improved with the lid being very delicate but that's not a con for me. Overall I really think this product is a definite holy grail item. Try it out, for 6$ its worth a try.

on 9/20/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Listen, I probably have every pressed and loose powder in my current arsenal or in my past. This one has intrigued me for a few months. I decided to purchase it - $5.99 at Target. It has that 80's Covergirl smell that I find comforting. I wear MAC NW45 so I purchased this in the color Honey. This has lots of shimmer in it and ends up looking beautiful on my skin! I used this to 'bake' my undereye concealer and it came out beautiful! I've also used it on my entire face to set foundation with good results. Nothing will keep my oil from breaking through but this just gives me such a glow with the tiny golden shimmers. An excellent product I would gladly pay triple for, this is highly underrated. The only loose setting powder I can travel with because the powder puff keeps the powder in check and below the sifter. I will be repurchasing as long as they make this.

on 8/22/2015 11:31:00 PM

This powder is interesting. Unlike other powders I've used, this one goes on the skin and changes the color of your skin to a beautiful youthful glow I don't even know how to explain it. The smell is a little strong, but after you've applied it you can't smell it anymore. I've stopped using it only for now since I'm very dark this summer, so I use this to set my under eye concealer. Love this.

on 8/22/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually used to own this powder years ago, but I decided to buy it again at Ulta during a BOGO50% sale a few months ago, because I needed a cheap loose powder to use for "baking" under the eyes. Just as I remember from when I bought it the first time around, it has that signature Noxzema scent of Cover Girl products, and a plastic sifter that seems a bit flimsy. It also comes with a powder puff, which I immediately took out because I will never use it. Instead, I apply this powder with a foam wedge sponge for use under the eyes, and a powder brush for the rest of the face.

When used for baking concealer under the eyes, this powder works quite nicely. It sets my Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser concealer to a flawless finish. The shade Translucent Fair looks good whether I am pale or tan. It has yellow undertones, whereas Translucent Light looks more pink/peach. While I generally prefer the convenience of a pressed powder, I'd buy this again even if I were to use it only under the eyes.