Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.5

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

No No No No No!!!!!! Don't buy this powder!!!!! You will very disappointed. Smell very bad and powder is so cakey on the skin. Also this powder has a simmer on it. And package is so cheap and powder will make so massy!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, so the first and most important thing you need to know is that this loose powder has a VERY strong scent. It reminds me of the scent of Noxema, but more powdery. I hate the scent of this. I don't even know why a loose powder needs to have scent added. Completely unnecessary. And unwelcome. Even my cat leaves the room when I dust this on with a brush.

I threw away the powder puff "applicator" as soon as I opened the package. Actually, I gave it to my cat to see if he would like to use it as a toy. He turned his nose up at it. Don't even bother with that powder puff because a good quality makeup brush will work much better.

Awful smell and terrible powder puff aside, the powder itself does the trick in terms of providing a nice even finish over liquid foundation makeup. It wears well, the shade is good. Not too pale, not too yellow, not too warm...

So, Cover Girl? You had a good thing going with the finish this powder provides. But could you please lay off the fragrance/scent?

The Scent. Is. Awful. I won't repurchase, but I will probably use it until it runs out because once you get past the awful scent and the pitiful included powder puff applicator, it is actually a decent powder. I'll just hold my nose and try to not to breathe after I apply it with a good quality brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this powder because I wanted to replace my heavier powders with something lighter to finish up my fo9undation routine. Safe to say that at Target this was only 6.99 CAD, so I thought why not? Well, I bought the lightest color, translucent fair, which was still 2 shades too dark for my NC15 skin. I put it on and it did not really set anything, or cover anything. I still had waxy spots on my face and it also splotched orange on my cheeks. Not only that but the scent is AWFUL. It smells like cold cream, and lasts a god five minutes before you get used to it. Even with all these reasons, the real reason I hated this product was because it broke me out within an hour of application. 7 new spots, that's a new record! I gave it to my sis to try, she's 14 and perhaps her skin will react better.

on 8/30/2014 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have used this once and it smells so strong i will not let this touch my skin ever again. Another product gone to waste.

on 7/29/2014 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to try a loose powder so I bought this and It didn't work on me, I liked it at first but the color oxidized on my skin, it was chalky, and I was shiny after just a couple hours. It was also sparkly,

on 3/16/2014 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Terrible stuff. This is the only powder I've ever bought that went into a garbage can the same day I bought it.

The pros: it's cheap. For me, that was it.

The cons: smells awful (think old dusty violets, talcum powder, sour cream, expired dollar store perfume - bleghh). The lid literally fell off several times in the 5 minutes it takes for me to apply powder and place it with the rest of my make-up which is 2 metres or less away from my mirror. That thing flat out refuses to stay on. All the shades I tried looked peachy, orange, pink or just ashy - even the translucent. Oh, and SPARKLEY. And I don't mean that soft, subtle pretty luminousity - I mean like glitter slapped on the face. Since it is so dusty and flies all over the place, I had glitter on my hands, my mirror. . .everywhere it should not be. It didn't mattify, nor even set my make-up. It's grainey and looks like you are wearing hella powder, in real life and especially in pictures. No thanks.

Avoid this at all costs. I'm really not sure who this would look good on - but there are many better DS powders to try with better textures and no scent - so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Try CoverGirl's Advanced Radiance powder instead.

on 1/5/2014 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Bad colour, bad smell, bad packaging. I'm going from memory here as I last bought and used this around 3 years ago. They may have updated the formula and colour, but going off Covergirl's website I don't think the packaging has changed. I was so turned off by my previous experience that I won't ever repurchase this.

I bought translucent. HA, yeah right! It was an orangey-brown shade of beige, and I am very pale. Not translucent at all, it looked very obvious on my skin. I think only light/medium to medium complexions could use this as a translucent powder. The first time I used it, it looked so dark that I wiped it off and vowed to never use it again. I gave it to my sister who is darker than me, a medium complexion.

The smell is a little cloying. It doesn't smell fresh or sweet, or even very pleasant. It has quite a strong perfume that smells musky to me. Very old lady.

The packaging is terrible. Yes you get a generous amount in the tub and there are enough decent sized sifter holes, but the lid slides on and off. There is no twisting or locking mechanism, so this is not travel friendly at all. It's not even good as a stay-at-home product, in my opinion. Because of the crappy packaging, you have to be mindful to pick it up from the bottom every time. My sister told me that the first and only time she used it while getting ready for work, she absentmindedly picked it up from the top. The lid came right off and the tub fell on the floor, spilling powder everywhere. She was extremely pissed off that she had to wipe off her mirror and vanity, vacuum the floor and get changed before rushing out the door.

Oh and it comes with a fluffy puff. I never used it (I use a brush with loose powder), but some people might like it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I tried this awhile ago and it was basically the worst powder I've ever tried. I am by no means oily but I literally was shiny like 10 minutes after I applied it. Also, it made me look super gray and ashy. It kinda looked like I push fireplace ashes all over my face and ruined the color of my foundation. This stuff is cheap and for a reason. Maybe it's also a contributing factor that I'm not a huge fan of loose powders...but this stuff is a total miss for me. I also HATE the packaging, the lid constantly falls off so there's no way I could bring this with me in my bag or my purse. I have tried way better powders for the same price if not cheaper.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My Mom offered to buy me a powder so I picked this one thinking it would offer coverage since loose powders offer more coverage than pressed ones. It offers NO coverage at all, it just made my face all sparkly and glittery. I returned it the next day. I would not buy this unless you would like to look like Edward Cullen's sister.

on 3/12/2012 1:20:00 PM

I don't know what made me buy this but it wasn't worth it. It smells weird, made me itchy & the lightest color was pretty dark. It oxidized so much people were asking me if I used bronzer as a foundation for the day.