Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.5

LOVE LOVE LOVE.
I have no issue with the smell, and it kind of bothers me that people are rating the product on the smell alone, as opposed to its ability to do its job. I personally like the smell. And this powder definitely does the job.
My coworker recommended this to me when I was telling her that I was looking for a loose powder- I HATE pressed powders, they always look awful on my skin. For $6.99 this powder definitely does the job. It really gives my face this natural look when I'm done putting on my concealer or foundation. I think it's a bit closer to my skin tone than the concealers/foundations so it really helps to make it look like I'm not wearing makeup. It goes on very light and it's easy to blend if you accidentally put too much on, but that's pretty hard to do since this powder is so fine. Will definitely repurchase.

on 11/10/2009 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The first time I tried this was when I was very tight on money and could not afford my department store loose powder (you know what I mean - we've all been there). I was very pleasantly surprised with the product. It worked well with my foundation, it was very affordable (dirt cheap compared to department store brands), and very easy to find (just about any drugstore or discount store carries it). It soon became my loose powder of choice. I admit I have tried other drugstore powders just to see if there is something better, but haven't found anything that does better for the price.

on 9/20/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Listen, I probably have every pressed and loose powder in my current arsenal or in my past. This one has intrigued me for a few months. I decided to purchase it - $5.99 at Target. It has that 80's Covergirl smell that I find comforting. I wear MAC NW45 so I purchased this in the color Honey. This has lots of shimmer in it and ends up looking beautiful on my skin! I used this to 'bake' my undereye concealer and it came out beautiful! I've also used it on my entire face to set foundation with good results. Nothing will keep my oil from breaking through but this just gives me such a glow with the tiny golden shimmers. An excellent product I would gladly pay triple for, this is highly underrated. The only loose setting powder I can travel with because the powder puff keeps the powder in check and below the sifter. I will be repurchasing as long as they make this.

on 9/13/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

A really great product at a drugstore price.

I've tried both high and low-end loose powders and truly this is at the top of my list. Annoying smell aside (it doesn't linger), it really makes you look polished and the effect lasts for hours. Also, it doesn't make you look lifeless like some powders do. It can be worn alone or as a finishing powder with great results.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lets just start off with that this is a super great product! It doesnt look cakey, it looks super natural and it controls oil. It also has good coverage, sometimes if i am really lazy i just use it alone without my foundation and it looks great. The only thing i dont like about the product is the odd smell when you first open the package. Its not a bad smell, but it is strong, but when its on your face you cant smell it. But after a few days the smell kinda goes away. I really love this product!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very nice and affordable setting powder. I got it in the color 105 Translucent Fair. It's neutral, but it has a yellow cast- perfect for brightening up the complexion. Seems to be a great chameleon; it just melts into your foundation color, perfecting it. Even when I had a darker foundation for the summer I still was able to use this color. While I do think it's a good value, it's a little small. It's only .7oz. And I paid roughly $6USD for it. I'm a little spoiled, because Coty's Airspun is 2.3oz. and around the same price. And, speaking of Airspun, it is famous for pouffing out in a cloud of powder when you close or open the container, and some people comment about its potential to fall onto one's shirt when it's applied. This Cover Girl powder is worse. Much worse, in my opinion. I *have* to change my shirt after applying it, or apply it before I get dressed... over the sink, because it'll get all over your vanity if you don't. A great powder; just messy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Smells fantastic! If you like smelling like a mixture of old people's soap and dead flowers.

Okay honestly the smell isn't the best, but I don't really care about that. For some reason, CG still thinks its an A+ marketing strategy to give all of their powders the same horrible scent. I have no idea why this is, but the scent department is really lacking in basically all of their products. (Don't get me started on the lippes. For the love of pete no one wants lips that smell like plastic and cheap perfume.)

The powder is really very good. It isn't cakey, and it leaves your skin feeling quite smooth. I have the shade translucent fair. It has some color which is what I always look for, since it really helps lighten my foundation if it is a tad too dark. The smell seems to be overpowering for some, but I don't mind it honestly. It doesn't linger, which is all I care about. It extends the wear of my foundations, which is really I wanted out of it. Some of my foundations just will not last if they are set with a pressed powder, they require a loose one. This does the job, and it's only like $6 or $7.

The packaging is awful. Luckily, I had an ELF HD powder that was almost finished, so I put this powder into that container.

If you don't mind the smell, and you can deal with the packaging, this is a very good loose powder. You can almost always find it on sale for a couple dollars cheaper, too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love, love, LOVE this powder. It keeps the face matte, and controls oily & shiny skin. Its translucent and not cakey! Do not use the puff that comes with it, use the fluffy(est) brush you have. I like to use my eco-tools powder brush, it works great. I just dislike the packaging, not good for in your purse since I dont have the puff inside. But overall, the product inside is good.

on 9/29/2010 11:31:00 AM

A friend had bought this, never used it, and gave it to me. The shade is translucent medium. I don't need face powder, but I like trying new things, so I wore it yesterday. The first thing I have to say is I try not to buy CG products because they are not cruelty free, although I have bought the occasional CG item. However, this is a good basic face powder, and a container of it should last you a while. It comes in a sifter jar that is convenient and sturdy enough as long as you're not carrying it around with you (which I don't recommend for loose powder anyway!). I don't like the scent, but I don't find it overwhelming either--once you apply the powder, the smell is gone. The puff is fine--I like using one sometimes--but I used a brush to apply this since the color is a little darker than what I usually wear. The color and texture of the powder are good, and it mattifies and "finishes" foundation well. As to lasting power, I did have to blot my face after a few hours, and then re-powder a couple of hours after that.
I did check the ingredients on this, and the list is very long. It also includes some unnecessary ingredients, such as mineral oil, camphor, and menthol that could possibly irritate sensitive skin.
This is a nice basic face powder at a good price. If I weren't trying to go cruelty-free, I would definitely consider buying this in the light shade if I needed powder.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

What a surprise for just a few dollars! I bought this before a last minute wedding job and I was short on cash. My only prayer was that the powder didn't turn out too shimmery on the skin and it didn't! I bought the honey shade #120 and it worked great on several skin tones. The bride stayed matte for hours and she just glowed. The noxema smell isn't too bad for me and the sifter wasn't bad either. The only "upgrade" i would have liked would be a screw on top. I can see this being a problem after a while after it shifts around in my kit.