Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.5

on 12/10/2004 10:55:00 PM

This stuff sets my make-up well, and lasts a while...I don't usually have to reapply. Since it's translucent, I just let my foundation do all the work of coverage, I just use this powder to get a more matte look, and set my foundation. The only bad thing is, which is why I took off a lippie, is because 1) it has a weird smell, which goes away after a while and 2) the top doesn't screw off, you kind of just place it on there, it seems like if I carried it anywhere, like travelling or something, it would spill everywhere.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this! i have it in medium and its perfect match *nw 35*

Be careful, only apply a little bit or it look cakey!

on 2/26/2005 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This powder is ok. It sets makeup well and it also wears well. When used with oil-control foundation it keeps my skin shone free all day. The puff thing that comes with it does not work very well, i use a brush instead. Probably won't repurchase b/c I like Clinique's better.

on 4/24/2005 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've got this in Translucent Light, and it does a good job of setting my foundation. The smell doesn't bother me, and I kinda like the little sifter thing in the package. I probably won't need another loose powder for a long time because there's a generous amount in this one, so I don't know if I'd buy it again.

on 6/30/2005 5:07:00 PM

You get a generous amount of powder for a good price, but I would recommend using a powder brush instead of the puff that comes with it. The smell could be better, but it does a really good job setting my foundation or just evening out my skin.

on 10/12/2005 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in translucent fair. It is the palest shade I could find, not QUITE pale enough for me but pretty close. It is also one of the cheapest powders I saw which is why I bought it, I know more expensive doesn't always = better quality. This is a good basic powder. Gets rid of shine good and when put over cream foundation sets a good base for shimmer powder, blush etc. It can be a little thick if you put too much on, so start with a little and work your way up. But in general it's not cakey or thick looking. The container is a little bit of a pain in the ass, you either get too little or too much out but it's ok when you get the hang of it. I do use the puffer that comes with it, it does the job but you can probably find better. I like it a lot and will definatley buy it again.

I thought that this was a GREAT product! I loved the pouf, as it was big and blended the powder very well. It smelled good, but was a little too strongI could smell it when the cardboard was still covering it! However, it cancelled out the smell of my Neutrogena SkinClearing Tint, and made my face smell normal. I liked the packaging, and there sure is a lot of product in there, wow! I may try the NYC Loose Powder, as I've read a lot of great reviews about it, however I will definitely repurchase this lovely, lovely product. :-)

on 12/12/2005 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Got it in transluscent honey. Smells awful but works well.

on 12/16/2005 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

At first I tried NYC's loose powder. They only had three colors available so it was hard to match. Covergirl has more color choices, and costs about $2 dollars more but it is worth it. I put this powder over my foundation, and it feels smooth. I like it because it is loose powder, compared to pressed powder.

on 4/1/2006 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I generally don't wear makeup, especially foundation and powders. I decided to try a very natural looking foundation to even my skin color and decided on this power to set it due to the reviews here. I am not disappointed! The Translucent Light is a perfect match with the CG clean foundation I chose, Creamy Natural. The powder sets the foundation well and makes my skin looks matte. I love the sheerness because it's very lightweight and it really feels and looks like it's my skin, only enhanced. Much, much better than the last powder I bought (from a professional who "color analyzed" me) which was grainy and made me look like I needed to be dusted. Lost one lippie to flimsy packaging, but that won't hold me back. I also didn't notice a smell. Assuming the "nonacnegenic" claim holds, I will definetely buy it again!
UPDATE: This started looking very dusty after a while, and you could see its flakes on my skin. I recently got Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder and it's SO much better! Much finer milled, feels light and breathable, and you can hardly feel it on. The CG kept falling on my clothes, and just did not look natural. Will NOT repurchase, I trashed what I had left.