Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.5

I usually use NYX translucent HD powder. Laura Mercier or Makeup Forever if I'm splurging. I was at Target and they were out of the NYX so I thought I would give this a try. The first warning sign should have been the color name. Fair translucent? No! I just want translucent- no color. Powder oxidizes my foundation. Atm, I'm tanned so it's not an issue. The smell is god awful. The puff that comes with it is awkward and causes the powder to go on heavy and cakey. When I switched to my normal powder brush the product wasn't bad.

Not a terrible option for drugstore- but NYX HD def blows this out of the water!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Have this in translucent light. Needed a drugstore powder to avoid constantly using my expensive Tarte powder. It's thick, glittery and very matte. The glitter doesn't transfer out of the container and the powder overall is very good for baking the whole face. I wouldn't use this throughout the day to touch up as I feel like it will just make things very cakey but for what I need it to do this is a very good option.

on 4/20/2017 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this yesterday for little over 5$ (Canadian) since it was on special and I was actually looking for an inexpensive loose powder. I’ve been watching loads of videos on how to bake the undereye and set makeup so needless to say, I was dying to try it out at home. However, I wasn’t going to spring for Laura Mercier for my first loose powder purchase since it’s way up there in price.

So far, I’m thoroughly enjoying this powder.

The pros include: decent quantity, brightening yellow undertones, perfectly mattifying and a little goes a long way. For baking, I just dipped the tip of my RT sponge and it went on my undereye nicely. I patted a bit on the rest of my face with a fluffy powder brush and it pretty much just melted in with my foundation.

Of course there are a couple of cons, such as the floral scent which some people certainly loathe (I actually like it because it reminds me of old school Noxema!), not to mention the cheapie packaging. I don’t think it woud break the bank for CG to at least change the top cover from the horrid 80’s brown color to something else. It’s also a very messy product but that will inevitably be the case for any drugstore loose powder.

The powder came with a small velour-like puff which I actually love. I don’t use it to apply the CG loose powder however. Instead, I’ve put it inside my FitMe Poreless Pressed powder because I find it does a far better job than their sponge!

I will update my rating if I break out or something in a week. But so far I have to say that I’m really loving this powder and I’m so glad I spent 5 something instead of 45$!

UPDATE: No breakouts, love this powder!

on 2/27/2017 10:08:00 PM

OMG this is my holy grail product for baking! I casually found this one day at Walmart and decided to pick it up. I've always used the Lauria Mercie transulcant powder but that really dries out my skin, this one never does. This loose powder is really good if you pair it up with a cream based concealer or foundation! If your using a liquid base it will not set it properly. I am in love and recommend this to anyone.

This powder has a great texture and personally I love the scent! I love how soft it is and it really gets the job done. In my personal experience my under eye concealer has lasted all day and I love to use it to mattify my face if it ever gets a bit oily. My one problem with this, which unfortunately is huge, is that it is not a flash photo friendly powder. I learnt this the hard way and all my videos/pictures from nights (yes, it happened more than once, unfortunately,) out were ruined because of how WHITE my under eyes looked. Its my fault for not being careful, and still love the powder but Im going to have to find a flash friendly powder now. The packaging gets the job done, I like to tap powder into the cap and then return unused powder into the "tub" afterwards, which can get messy. Overall, the powder itself is amazing except when it comes to flash photography!

on 12/30/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It leaves me matte but causes a bit of cakiness. It's a tad bit chalky. Not a fan of the fact that it is not truly translucent. It makes me look pretty yellow. The smell can be a little overpowering as well, smells like perfume. You get what you pay for, you get a good amount of product and it can definitely work for someone looking for a temporary fix while they save for a better product. Nothing compares to Laura Mercier's setting powder.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very nice and affordable setting powder. I got it in the color 105 Translucent Fair. It's neutral, but it has a yellow cast- perfect for brightening up the complexion. Seems to be a great chameleon; it just melts into your foundation color, perfecting it. Even when I had a darker foundation for the summer I still was able to use this color. While I do think it's a good value, it's a little small. It's only .7oz. And I paid roughly $6USD for it. I'm a little spoiled, because Coty's Airspun is 2.3oz. and around the same price. And, speaking of Airspun, it is famous for pouffing out in a cloud of powder when you close or open the container, and some people comment about its potential to fall onto one's shirt when it's applied. This Cover Girl powder is worse. Much worse, in my opinion. I *have* to change my shirt after applying it, or apply it before I get dressed... over the sink, because it'll get all over your vanity if you don't. A great powder; just messy.

This was the first ever powder foundation I purchased in my life. 105 translucent fair works pretty well on my fair, cool skin (NW13). Eventually I made the switch to Clinique's pressed powder, which I prefer.

on 8/24/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking to switch from MAC loose mineral powder for a long time. Then I found this! I was paying $43 every two months at MAC, and then decided to give this a try since I was running low. What a surprise. I mean, I was blown away! The coverage was incredible, not cakey, and kept a matte finish all day long with no touch ups! It didn't enhance my fine lines, and didn't have an orange tinge to it like years ago when I switched to MAC in the first place. At $7.99, this is now my go to powder.... Save your money, this is professional MAC quality for a fraction of the cost!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm pleasantly surprises by this powder. I usually steer clear of covergirl products but after reading some of the reviews here I decided to give it a try. I have very oily skin and have been searching for a product that is right for me. I apply sunscreen, then primer, then dust my face with this powder and I find it gives me a very natural and flattering finish. I have clear skin, except for a cystic pimple once in a while, and I find this powder alone gives my skin a nice, natural boost. My skin is left soft after applying and it makes a great base for my bronzer and highlight. It also helps keep me matte for about 4-6 hours which is quite good when it comes to my skin. I would recommend this product as a finishing powder as well if you wear liquid foundation. As others have mentioned it does have a strong smell, but I don't mind it.