Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

No Title

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/5/2013 7:39:00 PM

Was pleasantly surprised at how great this powder is at controlling oily skin. I use the Revlon Whipped creme foundaiton in sand beige and chose Translucent Fair in the CG loose powder. I barely need to touch up....don't have to and this combination works great together....actually better than the rimmel pressed stay matte powder i was using previously.

I apply the powder with a brush instead of the puff all over my face eyelids, and it works great at controlling oil. I usually take off the top and sprinkle an amount into the cap and use my brush to swirl and apply on my skin. Shade works well and like the fact it is more yellow than pink. It also has that clean noxzema smell which I like and findly oddly comforting.

I think for my purse, not sure if i would trust the packaging won't open and spill out all over so i would probably purchase a compact in the buff beige which i find to be a similar shade in the compact pressed powder......strangely enough i find the pressed powder doesn't control oil as good as the loose powder which i find to be amazing.

Highly recommend especially for oily/combo skin gals.

on 1/10/2013 6:51:00 PM

Been using this for over thirty years now, yes count them. Whoa, dating myself here. Has the same CG (Noxema) scent that it did back in the early 1980s. However, it's the same great formula that keeps me looking flawless, oil-free and seems to make my pores disappear. Not crazy about the new packaging, but this is one of those classic products that still delivers on its promises.

on 11/10/2009 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

The first time I tried this was when I was very tight on money and could not afford my department store loose powder (you know what I mean - we've all been there). I was very pleasantly surprised with the product. It worked well with my foundation, it was very affordable (dirt cheap compared to department store brands), and very easy to find (just about any drugstore or discount store carries it). It soon became my loose powder of choice. I admit I have tried other drugstore powders just to see if there is something better, but haven't found anything that does better for the price.