COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.2

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I was running out of my Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder, and bought this product based on three things: 1) its cheap, 2) I like the container and 3) its loose powder.

I thought I'd give this a try....

First all, I noticed a lot of people wrote that it has a funny smell. Actually, almost all Cover Girl face products have Noxema in it, to help keep your skin in good condition and not break out. So thats what you're smelling. I personally like the smell :)

Second... I have oily skin, and maybe I'm used to Revolon's Colorstay Pressed Powder, but this Covergirl Loose Powder doesn't really last thru out the day. Within 3 hours of wearing it I noticed my face was shiny and that the powder didn't give me much coverage. I didn't use the puff, I used a kabuki brush that I have separately. At first, I thought it was good because the color matched well and it has a teeny amount of shimmer it in, which was nice. But it doesn't last long nor provide much coverage. With Revlon's Colorstay Pressed Powder, I didn't need any touch up at all or no reapplication.

Third, I will probably dump it out and use the containter for Revlon's Mineral Powder Foundation. The packaging for that powder really sucks so I'll probably dump it into the Covergirl Loose Powder container :P

Then again, this is fhe first day of me using the powder... but it doesn't look hopeful so far :(

I gave it two lippies, because of 1) the container and 2) the color is actually nice. Just needs to have better staying power and coverage. I guess this is good if you don't want much coverage at all?? Because I have oily skin, I'm looking for more of a matte finish, and this didn't give me the results I was looking for. Guess I'll go back to revlon!

on 9/9/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this stuff to set my makeup and get rid of the greasiness. To me this is just a nice basic powder to use. It's not cakey, and I actually love the Noxzema smell. Frankly, I'd prefer it over something that was scented like old fashioned flowers. I've had no problems with the cap coming off in my bag. The sifter is great because you don't get powder everywhere which can be really messy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

my skin coloring varies between fair and medium based on if i'm tan or not, lightest being NC/NW 15 and darkest around NW 25. i use the light shade when i'm lighter and the medium shade at my darkest. i love this powder, i think it easily rivals more expensive setting powders such as Laura Mercier or MAC (i have tried both), and this is just as good, if not better due to the lower cost. i use this after foundation and concealer, i pat this product on with a velour type puff and gently roll/buff the powder in to set my makeup. i feel this controls shine and oiliness very well, with little need to reapply or blot. will always have in my stash, with multiples at work and in my car.

on 1/5/2014 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Bad colour, bad smell, bad packaging. I'm going from memory here as I last bought and used this around 3 years ago. They may have updated the formula and colour, but going off Covergirl's website I don't think the packaging has changed. I was so turned off by my previous experience that I won't ever repurchase this.

I bought translucent. HA, yeah right! It was an orangey-brown shade of beige, and I am very pale. Not translucent at all, it looked very obvious on my skin. I think only light/medium to medium complexions could use this as a translucent powder. The first time I used it, it looked so dark that I wiped it off and vowed to never use it again. I gave it to my sister who is darker than me, a medium complexion.

The smell is a little cloying. It doesn't smell fresh or sweet, or even very pleasant. It has quite a strong perfume that smells musky to me. Very old lady.

The packaging is terrible. Yes you get a generous amount in the tub and there are enough decent sized sifter holes, but the lid slides on and off. There is no twisting or locking mechanism, so this is not travel friendly at all. It's not even good as a stay-at-home product, in my opinion. Because of the crappy packaging, you have to be mindful to pick it up from the bottom every time. My sister told me that the first and only time she used it while getting ready for work, she absentmindedly picked it up from the top. The lid came right off and the tub fell on the floor, spilling powder everywhere. She was extremely pissed off that she had to wipe off her mirror and vanity, vacuum the floor and get changed before rushing out the door.

Oh and it comes with a fluffy puff. I never used it (I use a brush with loose powder), but some people might like it.

This was the first ever powder foundation I purchased in my life. 105 translucent fair works pretty well on my fair, cool skin (NW13). Eventually I made the switch to Clinique's pressed powder, which I prefer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very nice and affordable setting powder. I got it in the color 105 Translucent Fair. It's neutral, but it has a yellow cast- perfect for brightening up the complexion. Seems to be a great chameleon; it just melts into your foundation color, perfecting it. Even when I had a darker foundation for the summer I still was able to use this color. While I do think it's a good value, it's a little small. It's only .7oz. And I paid roughly $6USD for it. I'm a little spoiled, because Coty's Airspun is 2.3oz. and around the same price. And, speaking of Airspun, it is famous for pouffing out in a cloud of powder when you close or open the container, and some people comment about its potential to fall onto one's shirt when it's applied. This Cover Girl powder is worse. Much worse, in my opinion. I *have* to change my shirt after applying it, or apply it before I get dressed... over the sink, because it'll get all over your vanity if you don't. A great powder; just messy.