Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Filtered by age: 25-29
Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.5

I usually use NYX translucent HD powder. Laura Mercier or Makeup Forever if I'm splurging. I was at Target and they were out of the NYX so I thought I would give this a try. The first warning sign should have been the color name. Fair translucent? No! I just want translucent- no color. Powder oxidizes my foundation. Atm, I'm tanned so it's not an issue. The smell is god awful. The puff that comes with it is awkward and causes the powder to go on heavy and cakey. When I switched to my normal powder brush the product wasn't bad.

Not a terrible option for drugstore- but NYX HD def blows this out of the water!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very nice and affordable setting powder. I got it in the color 105 Translucent Fair. It's neutral, but it has a yellow cast- perfect for brightening up the complexion. Seems to be a great chameleon; it just melts into your foundation color, perfecting it. Even when I had a darker foundation for the summer I still was able to use this color. While I do think it's a good value, it's a little small. It's only .7oz. And I paid roughly $6USD for it. I'm a little spoiled, because Coty's Airspun is 2.3oz. and around the same price. And, speaking of Airspun, it is famous for pouffing out in a cloud of powder when you close or open the container, and some people comment about its potential to fall onto one's shirt when it's applied. This Cover Girl powder is worse. Much worse, in my opinion. I *have* to change my shirt after applying it, or apply it before I get dressed... over the sink, because it'll get all over your vanity if you don't. A great powder; just messy.

This was the first ever powder foundation I purchased in my life. 105 translucent fair works pretty well on my fair, cool skin (NW13). Eventually I made the switch to Clinique's pressed powder, which I prefer.

on 4/6/2016 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a really great powder overall. I used to use this back in the day when I was in high school and forgot about it for years as I dabbled more and more into the world of high end beauty/makeup.

I got mine in the shade "translucent fair" although I have noticed it is sometimes called "transparent fair" which leads me to believe they are 2 different products...but back to the review: when applied with a damp beauty blender this gives me the most flawless finish and brightening effect under my eyes, and I actually enjoy that the fair shade is slightly yellow toned (even if I am neutral/cool toned). The shimmer in the powder completely fades upon application as does the scent which I really don't mind all that much.

The only reason I give it 4 stars is because of the price. Though not quite what most would consider expensive, I feel that $7 at walmart even is just too much. For the amount you get and the cheapy packaging, I feel that they could stand to lower the price by a couple of dollars. Other than that, I think this is a great setting powder and baking powder if you're into that sort of thing! Will continue to re-purchase and use!

on 9/20/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Listen, I probably have every pressed and loose powder in my current arsenal or in my past. This one has intrigued me for a few months. I decided to purchase it - $5.99 at Target. It has that 80's Covergirl smell that I find comforting. I wear MAC NW45 so I purchased this in the color Honey. This has lots of shimmer in it and ends up looking beautiful on my skin! I used this to 'bake' my undereye concealer and it came out beautiful! I've also used it on my entire face to set foundation with good results. Nothing will keep my oil from breaking through but this just gives me such a glow with the tiny golden shimmers. An excellent product I would gladly pay triple for, this is highly underrated. The only loose setting powder I can travel with because the powder puff keeps the powder in check and below the sifter. I will be repurchasing as long as they make this.

on 8/22/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually used to own this powder years ago, but I decided to buy it again at Ulta during a BOGO50% sale a few months ago, because I needed a cheap loose powder to use for "baking" under the eyes. Just as I remember from when I bought it the first time around, it has that signature Noxzema scent of Cover Girl products, and a plastic sifter that seems a bit flimsy. It also comes with a powder puff, which I immediately took out because I will never use it. Instead, I apply this powder with a foam wedge sponge for use under the eyes, and a powder brush for the rest of the face.

When used for baking concealer under the eyes, this powder works quite nicely. It sets my Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser concealer to a flawless finish. The shade Translucent Fair looks good whether I am pale or tan. It has yellow undertones, whereas Translucent Light looks more pink/peach. While I generally prefer the convenience of a pressed powder, I'd buy this again even if I were to use it only under the eyes.

on 8/8/2015 6:09:00 PM

I have tried several powders and this one is excellent. Please don't think it is a cheap product because of the price (that's just an added bonus!). I love that I finally found a powder that doesn't make me look overly powdered and dull. This will set your makeup without the loss of the radiance that you want to keep in your look. I do find that a brush works better than the included puff.

on 6/29/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have never heard anyone talk about this powder before and it works amazingly well for me! HG status. I use it to set my foundation (it creases as an under eye setting powder) and I find it controls oil better than any other powder (including Rimmel Stay Matte, which is garbage). I've never noticed the smell before--it just smells faintly like powder. I don't think that I use very much because the same container will last me about 2 years with 5 day/wk use.
This powder in combination with Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation works better to control my oil for 15+ hours than anything else.

I really can't get past the smell of this. So overbearing gross. I was looking for something to set my liquid makeup and read good reviews about this. Was quite disappointing for other reasons besides the smell. It made me foundation immediately look dry and cracked when it didn't look like that before. I also bought this bc I heard it was good for taking pictures but once I tested it out I still head that dreadful white cast on my face. still I continue my search for a powder that doesn't have bad flash effects.

on 2/23/2015 11:49:00 PM

I've been using this to set my liquid foundations for about 3 years now. I don't care to use any other loose powder. It sets my foundation flawlessly