Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Have this in translucent light. Needed a drugstore powder to avoid constantly using my expensive Tarte powder. It's thick, glittery and very matte. The glitter doesn't transfer out of the container and the powder overall is very good for baking the whole face. I wouldn't use this throughout the day to touch up as I feel like it will just make things very cakey but for what I need it to do this is a very good option.

on 2/27/2017 10:08:00 PM

OMG this is my holy grail product for baking! I casually found this one day at Walmart and decided to pick it up. I've always used the Lauria Mercie transulcant powder but that really dries out my skin, this one never does. This loose powder is really good if you pair it up with a cream based concealer or foundation! If your using a liquid base it will not set it properly. I am in love and recommend this to anyone.

on 12/30/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It leaves me matte but causes a bit of cakiness. It's a tad bit chalky. Not a fan of the fact that it is not truly translucent. It makes me look pretty yellow. The smell can be a little overpowering as well, smells like perfume. You get what you pay for, you get a good amount of product and it can definitely work for someone looking for a temporary fix while they save for a better product. Nothing compares to Laura Mercier's setting powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm pleasantly surprises by this powder. I usually steer clear of covergirl products but after reading some of the reviews here I decided to give it a try. I have very oily skin and have been searching for a product that is right for me. I apply sunscreen, then primer, then dust my face with this powder and I find it gives me a very natural and flattering finish. I have clear skin, except for a cystic pimple once in a while, and I find this powder alone gives my skin a nice, natural boost. My skin is left soft after applying and it makes a great base for my bronzer and highlight. It also helps keep me matte for about 4-6 hours which is quite good when it comes to my skin. I would recommend this product as a finishing powder as well if you wear liquid foundation. As others have mentioned it does have a strong smell, but I don't mind it.

EDIT: I recently upped my review from four lippies to five after changing foundations and not being able to find a single one that compares to this. Sometimes cheaper is better.

on 1/6/2016 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder! Its such a fabulous product for the price & will last you a very, very long time. I been wanting to try this product for years & when I tried it I fell in love! It performs like a high end product & its relatively available. One thing I dont care for is the scent. It smells like Noxzema face wash, but I could look past it. Another thing is a little goes a very long way! Its lightweight as well. A light dusting will get the job done. If you apply too much product it WILL get cakey & look over powdery. However its great for baking 👍. It does have tiny specks of glitter but its very shuttle. If you have very oily skin like me, you will love this product! It controls oil very well, & last very long.It didnt break me out so Im glad. My skin can be sensitive but my skin had no negative reaction to the powder. I applied the powder after I put my foundation on & it looked flawless. I took a nap & I tend to get oily afterwards but it still looked great & didnt have to touch up. The packaging can be improved with the lid being very delicate but that's not a con for me. Overall I really think this product is a definite holy grail item. Try it out, for 6$ its worth a try.

on 12/16/2015 10:37:00 PM

This product ends up looking cakey on my face, however I do counteract it with my PIxi Dewy Glow Mist, thus kept using it. However, I've noticed I'm disliking it more and more due to the strong scent. It didn't bug me at first, but the more I use it the more noticeable it is to the point of giving me a headache. Also, it weirdly causes me to have a runny nose....
However, this may be better for someone with oily skin and not sensitive to scents because it does help your makeup stay on longer.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.
I have no issue with the smell, and it kind of bothers me that people are rating the product on the smell alone, as opposed to its ability to do its job. I personally like the smell. And this powder definitely does the job.
My coworker recommended this to me when I was telling her that I was looking for a loose powder- I HATE pressed powders, they always look awful on my skin. For $6.99 this powder definitely does the job. It really gives my face this natural look when I'm done putting on my concealer or foundation. I think it's a bit closer to my skin tone than the concealers/foundations so it really helps to make it look like I'm not wearing makeup. It goes on very light and it's easy to blend if you accidentally put too much on, but that's pretty hard to do since this powder is so fine. Will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been buying this powder for almost a year now! This powder sets my liquid foundation perfectly. It's feels very light on the skin, and blends great. It hides any oiliness I may have throughout the day, though I usually reapply after about 6 hours.

The package comes with a puff, but I do not use it because it ends up applying WAY to much. I would recommend using a brush. And also beware of the lid! Every single one I have had ends up cracking into a million pieces!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this powder for about 3 years now and can't get enough, I apply it after my liquid foundation and sometimes even on my lashes for that extra length trick. It comes with a small applicator but I prefer to use a brush. The pricing is great ($6) and it hides my oily forehead although only temporarily, after about 6 hours it starts to come through again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my daily powder that I use to set my make-up. The powder itself is really nice. Controls shine really well. Doesn't cake up. Doesn't break me out. Sets my make-up nicely.
However, I absolutely hate the container. It's not sanitary to use the little pad that it comes with. So I have to pour a bit of the power into the cap, then take my fluffy powder brush and pick up the powder to apply it. It's annoying and can get a bit messy.
So I like the product, hate the packaging. Probably will keep buying it.