COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 18 & Under
COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.4

This powder has a great texture and personally I love the scent! I love how soft it is and it really gets the job done. In my personal experience my under eye concealer has lasted all day and I love to use it to mattify my face if it ever gets a bit oily. My one problem with this, which unfortunately is huge, is that it is not a flash photo friendly powder. I learnt this the hard way and all my videos/pictures from nights (yes, it happened more than once, unfortunately,) out were ruined because of how WHITE my under eyes looked. Its my fault for not being careful, and still love the powder but Im going to have to find a flash friendly powder now. The packaging gets the job done, I like to tap powder into the cap and then return unused powder into the "tub" afterwards, which can get messy. Overall, the powder itself is amazing except when it comes to flash photography!

on 6/24/2016 6:58:00 PM

Love this for setting foundation. It has a strong rosy/silky smell to it but it's not bad at all. This powder is definitely something I'd look for in a powder. It's very silky and a little goes a long way. If you use too much obviously it'll look cakey so be careful! This will last you a very long time!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Right off the bat, I'm gonna say it. The packaging is horrible. The lid cracked, so now I can't travel with this, the sifter doesn't come out, which I don't really like, and the lid can come off without warning. Aside from that, I truly love this product. I started using this product about a year ago when my other covergirl pressed powder was empty. I mean it only had specs of product left. My mother had been using this product so I tried hers to see if I liked it. At first I thought it was meh but now I can't live without it! It's so light but keeps my face matte and keeps my makeup in place all day long. Honestly, I would recommend this product to anyone who had second thoughts about it. I have mine in translucent light but there is also one other color, I believe. Something I do understand is a problem is that this powder wouldn't work for skin colors other than fair to light. I happen to have very fair skin so this product works great, but for skin colors that are even a little tan, they might look like Casper the ghost. Keep in mind that I do have normal to sensitive skin. My mother does have dry skin though so this works for dry skin also. Do note also that if you apply too much or with the wrong foundation, you will get a powdery and cakey look and no one got time for dat! So if you have normal, combo, or sensitive skin, you have light skin, get this! Also, this product has an amazing smell. I can't describe it but it sure doesn't smell like makeup. <3

on 7/27/2013 9:55:00 AM

The product is super soft which I love. It applies in a thin layer and it doesn't cake, even over top of foundation. I have oily skin and the powder manages to keep it under control throughout the day! The downsides are the smell of the product and the packaging. Awful. However, for 7 dollars you're getting a great quality powder.

This powder is amazing! When I put on foundation I feel so caked and heavy but after when I put this on it feels like I just washed my face. The packaging is very poor and when I first opened it spilled all over me. The smell isn't that bad, its like an old grandma smell but it goes away after 10 minutes.

Overall, even though its poorly packaged and smells bad, the pros out weigh the cons as it makes your face feel and look natural.

This powder makes my face feel dry and powdery. It looks unnatural at first, but quickly comes off and my face becomes oily again. It's so messy because of the loose powder format.

At first I thought this powder was pretty decent. It didn't dry out my skin, while still makin it fairly matte and looked super natural. But what made me realize I LOVE this powder, is that when I got home, my makeup was basically perfect- like I had just put it on. I put on my makeup at 6 and come home at 3 and that has never happened before.

The only cons are that it is really glittery in some lighting, and the jar breaks easily (but I think it's super cute and worth it) and some people dislike it's strong smell but I find it pleasant.

I got this product for $10 which is pretty good for a makeup product, I have fair/dry skin and it works great! It's like the perfect color and it smells nice, doesn't make you look cakey, I love it :)
eeeh i forgot about the packaging.....packaging sucks, threw away the little fluffy applicator because it doesn;t work good and it's pretty messy but i just use a regular makeup brush and tap some of the powder into the lid which is fine, just do it over a 'wipeable' surface guys. Not your bed, hahaha i learned that the hard way ;)

on 9/18/2011 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Overall, I love the product. I just don't like the packaging. Before I even try to open the stinking thing I lightly tap it on a flat surface and slowly (VERY SLOWLY) I open the top to see if I got enough powder to just lightly coat the top of the sifter. This helps so when I just barely dip my dual fibre brush in to pick up a little bit of powder it doesn't make me look cakey when I smooth it out.

I use this on my T-zone and other oily areas and it does a wonderful job of not giving me a "white cast" if blended out correctly. It lasts pretty long and I absolutely love the smell. Yes, it is strong but I've gotten use to it!

Price wise, if you have a coupon or if this goes on sale... GET IT & TRY IT!

on 8/21/2011 11:19:00 PM

I really like using Cover Girl's professional loose powder! My t-zone gets oily during the day, and when i use this, my t-zone is waay less oilier. :D
The only thing i don't like is that if u accidently sweep it off your face with your hand, it comes right off... but its powder so i guess that's just how it works?
What i dislike is the packaging!! The lid can easily come off, so be verry careful! I wouldn't recommend using the puff with it, but keep it in the jar/box thingy, cause it gets really messy without it...
i would really recommend this for people who have oily skin (: