Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.4

This powder has a great texture and personally I love the scent! I love how soft it is and it really gets the job done. In my personal experience my under eye concealer has lasted all day and I love to use it to mattify my face if it ever gets a bit oily. My one problem with this, which unfortunately is huge, is that it is not a flash photo friendly powder. I learnt this the hard way and all my videos/pictures from nights (yes, it happened more than once, unfortunately,) out were ruined because of how WHITE my under eyes looked. Its my fault for not being careful, and still love the powder but Im going to have to find a flash friendly powder now. The packaging gets the job done, I like to tap powder into the cap and then return unused powder into the "tub" afterwards, which can get messy. Overall, the powder itself is amazing except when it comes to flash photography!

on 6/24/2016 6:58:00 PM

Love this for setting foundation. It has a strong rosy/silky smell to it but it's not bad at all. This powder is definitely something I'd look for in a powder. It's very silky and a little goes a long way. If you use too much obviously it'll look cakey so be careful! This will last you a very long time!

My only long-time powder. It's been pissing me off recently though. With very oily skin, it goes on great but after awhile of wear, I'm having to take my powder brush and blotting it in the oily patches. It goes on best with bare or just having used primer. Liquid foundation and this product don't mix well, I find. It's not the product's formula, but how uncontrollable the amount you get on your brush is. Terrible packaging. The lid pulls off easily, I've spilled it a million times. And it gets everywhere. The smell is so strong, I find even after washing my powder brush thoroughly, I can still catch a whiff of the powder on it. After weighing the pros and cons, I really don't know why I keep using it.

on 8/22/2015 11:31:00 PM

This powder is interesting. Unlike other powders I've used, this one goes on the skin and changes the color of your skin to a beautiful youthful glow I don't even know how to explain it. The smell is a little strong, but after you've applied it you can't smell it anymore. I've stopped using it only for now since I'm very dark this summer, so I use this to set my under eye concealer. Love this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Although the lightest shade is too dark for me, I mix it with baby powder and works fine. Great on my oily skin and keeps me matte all day long. <3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite powder. Goes on nice, stays on nice, and makes my skin feel super soft and smooth.

It really smells horrible, as others have mentioned.
I wish CG would change the scent.

The lid doesn't screw on, just pulls off, so I'm always worried about it spilling in my purse. And the holes in the container to distribute the powder are literal crap. I'm talking I dumped out the remainder of a different powder and put it in there. I'm not a huge fan of the little furry puff it comes with, so I use a brush, but that's me.

Basically, we have a love-hate relationship.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Smells fantastic! If you like smelling like a mixture of old people's soap and dead flowers.

Okay honestly the smell isn't the best, but I don't really care about that. For some reason, CG still thinks its an A+ marketing strategy to give all of their powders the same horrible scent. I have no idea why this is, but the scent department is really lacking in basically all of their products. (Don't get me started on the lippes. For the love of pete no one wants lips that smell like plastic and cheap perfume.)

The powder is really very good. It isn't cakey, and it leaves your skin feeling quite smooth. I have the shade translucent fair. It has some color which is what I always look for, since it really helps lighten my foundation if it is a tad too dark. The smell seems to be overpowering for some, but I don't mind it honestly. It doesn't linger, which is all I care about. It extends the wear of my foundations, which is really I wanted out of it. Some of my foundations just will not last if they are set with a pressed powder, they require a loose one. This does the job, and it's only like $6 or $7.

The packaging is awful. Luckily, I had an ELF HD powder that was almost finished, so I put this powder into that container.

If you don't mind the smell, and you can deal with the packaging, this is a very good loose powder. You can almost always find it on sale for a couple dollars cheaper, too.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Right off the bat, I'm gonna say it. The packaging is horrible. The lid cracked, so now I can't travel with this, the sifter doesn't come out, which I don't really like, and the lid can come off without warning. Aside from that, I truly love this product. I started using this product about a year ago when my other covergirl pressed powder was empty. I mean it only had specs of product left. My mother had been using this product so I tried hers to see if I liked it. At first I thought it was meh but now I can't live without it! It's so light but keeps my face matte and keeps my makeup in place all day long. Honestly, I would recommend this product to anyone who had second thoughts about it. I have mine in translucent light but there is also one other color, I believe. Something I do understand is a problem is that this powder wouldn't work for skin colors other than fair to light. I happen to have very fair skin so this product works great, but for skin colors that are even a little tan, they might look like Casper the ghost. Keep in mind that I do have normal to sensitive skin. My mother does have dry skin though so this works for dry skin also. Do note also that if you apply too much or with the wrong foundation, you will get a powdery and cakey look and no one got time for dat! So if you have normal, combo, or sensitive skin, you have light skin, get this! Also, this product has an amazing smell. I can't describe it but it sure doesn't smell like makeup. <3

on 1/10/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is horrible. It looks like I rubbed my face in glitter, the packaging is horrible and tends to spill. Smells kind of like baby powder, and it cakes up my hole face and looks like a powdery mess.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've had this powder for 2 months now and I've only worn it 3 times, because every time I've worn it I've broken out really badly. Another thing I really hated about this is the smell- I cannot get past it- it smells really old and, this sounds bad but, like an old lady. When I applied the product I used less than I normally use and I still seemed to look a bit cakey. The applicator it came with was really terrible, a little furry puff that makes it impossible to spread or use (the benefit is that it fits inside the tub nicely so it's good to carry around). I really wanted to like this because it's so much cheaper compared to my normal one ($8 at Kmart).