Wet 'n' Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner #864 Purple

Wet 'n' Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner #864 Purple

2.5

Price: $

Price: $

Not happy with this liquid eyeliner as it is too "watery" and takes a long time to build up color evenly

on 7/4/2010 5:34:00 AM

After hearing such good things about this liner, I purchased it with great hopes only to be somewhat disappointed.

It takes a few strokes to build up the colour:
- cream - needs to be built up
- powder - does better over powder.

On it's own, it again needs to be built up. I haven't tried it with eye primer yet, so will do another review when I've tried that.

I don't particularly care for the brush applicator. This could be because I am not that practiced with same, or perhaps I simply prefer a felt tip liner. Again, I would have to do another review once I have had more practice, but I don't feel that this would change my review of the actual product itself.

I don't think I would purchase this again.

I like wearing this liner for a different, but appropriate daytime look. On my pale skin it comes across as a medium grayish-mauve. I like to apply a thicker line of this purple liner first, then a very thin line of black liquid liner near the roots of my lashes followed by a few coats of mascara. I find the purple gives my green eyes that subtle pop while the black liner gives the impression of thicker fuller lashes.

Pros: Nice day time purple colour, price, easily available at drugstores, and the brush applicator.

Cons: Takes a few minutes to dry and the pigmentation is a little watery therefore I apply two coats.

on 4/11/2008 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Bought this in the greenish shade and loved it,but this is watery, and has very little color impact. It's like they are two kinds of products, but they aren't supposed to be! I know, you can't expect much from a cheapo line, but often the w&w stuff is pretty good. This one isn't IMO.

on 11/29/2007 5:10:00 PM

This is an okay eyeliner. The colour on the bottle is a metallic purple, but its actual colour is just a plummy, dull purple. The formula is nice..it lasts all day without smudging. If I wanted an eyeliner this colour, I would buy it again, but I don't think I will since the colour is nothing special. This is the first liquid liner I've used and I used the brush with no problem.

on 4/26/2007 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought the turquoise first and thought that this would be the same metallic, pigmented liner only in purple. Wrong, it's much runnier, and not near as pigmented, and no shimmer at all. It is a good flat purple liner, but surprisingly different than the turquoise. I will purchase this again, as it is a staple color and find that it wears well. I would of preferred the brush to be a bit shorter in length or stiffer, but if you have any liquid lining skills, you'll do just fine.