Wet 'n' Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner #864 Purple

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/4/2010 5:34:00 AM

After hearing such good things about this liner, I purchased it with great hopes only to be somewhat disappointed.

It takes a few strokes to build up the colour:
- cream - needs to be built up
- powder - does better over powder.

On it's own, it again needs to be built up. I haven't tried it with eye primer yet, so will do another review when I've tried that.

I don't particularly care for the brush applicator. This could be because I am not that practiced with same, or perhaps I simply prefer a felt tip liner. Again, I would have to do another review once I have had more practice, but I don't feel that this would change my review of the actual product itself.

I don't think I would purchase this again.

on 5/12/2010 12:53:00 AM

Hurts Eyes and irrating
smudgey
so bleh

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This liner was an impulse buy. Something I usually don't do, but have been doing a lot of lately? And I like it. Its not as good as my go-to liner which is Linear Intense with the felt tip, but it is alright and I would buy it again if the need arose as it's not expensive (hence the impulse buy), and it is pretty for when I want a change. Or if I'm going to be out part of the day and I want some liner before I go, I use this instead of my Linear. Pros: color is subtle and a darker purple, easy to apply, thin application brush, good price, good packaging. Cons: color wears off easily, its not a bright purple if you're looking for that, smudges easily. One thing I tried since I noticed it didn't have the all-day wearing power that Linear does, is I applied my Linear and then applied this over it. Its extra work, I know, but I got better staying power and I got a two-toned effect that caused a couple people to compliment me on it.

on 11/22/2009 1:49:00 PM

No, this is not it. The black liquid eyeliner seems to have great reviews, but the purple one doesn't deserve it. The colour is okay....it's more of a subdued mauve colour, but my rating reflects the staying power - nil on my lids. I have oily lids, but it's never this bad with a liquid liner. I was drinking a juice box and accidentally squirted a drop on my right eyelid. i patted the drop away lightly and checked in the washroom - it was smudged. even the other eye was no longer showing a consistent line after 2 hours of wear.

on 5/7/2009 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently purchased this eyeliner against my better judgment. Years previously, I had tried liquid eyeliner, and made myself into a hot mess with it. I tried to use it several times with disastrous results. I concluded that I just wasnt an eyeliner person. I figured the ability to use liquid eyeliner was a gift that I didnt have. Oh well.

After reading the reviews on MUA, I decided to give it one more try. Wet and Wild is cheap, so I figured the worst that could happen is I would blow a few bucks and end up looking like a cheap whore (like thats a bad thing :-)). However, I tried the Wet N Wild liquid eyeliner, and it is fabulous! The purple doesnt come across as too purple, its just a nice accent that really makes my green eyes pop! I am sooo happy that I decided to give liquid liner one more go. I love this stuff! I give it four lippies only because I have a hard time getting it off when I wash my face.

I may try other eyeliners, who knowsI am toying with the idea of a sapphire colored liquid liner

on 4/27/2009 10:58:00 PM

This is one of the first liquid eyeliners I bought and tried out because of other reviews I've found and because it is dirt cheap (2-3 bucks?). Before this I used to only use black pencil eyeliners, but i decided one day to try out liquid eyeliners because they looked easier and faster to apply. I saw this color and was intrigued so i bought it and this is MY FAVORITE eyeliner and color. It looks gorgeous on my medium Asian skin tone. It is very watery but to me it provides for a very even color after it all dries. I don't have problems with creasing or coming off either but that may be due to the use of my Too faced eyelid primer (love this too!). I don't have issues of it burning or irritating my eyes but I also don't apply eyeliners on my waterline as my eyes are pretty sensitive. I prefer this brush tip versus felt tips because this very thin brush tip seems to give me a more accurate line. This comes off very easily too with makeup remover or even just rubbing off with my fingers and water, but this may be due to the fact that my lids get oily at the end of the day. Overall, i love this eyeliner and I have bought a backup of this color just in case they ever discontinue this product.

I had considered buying liquid eyeliner from Wet N' Wild for awhile, seeing the reviews on here, so I purchased this purple-colored liquid eyeliner and was horribly disappointed with it! I am hoping that it is just this color, because now, I am unwilling to try the other colors either. This product was very very watery and as others put it, "inconsistent" in application. Barely any purple even shows up...looks more brown than anything, but a watery brown, so it's pretty much a waste! Plus, it's not waterproof, not that it claims to be, but some people say it is....so, I would have to dispute that. *Sigh*

on 7/6/2008 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Still very impressed with the Wet n' Wild Liquid liners. It's a slightly metallic plum - very attractive and practically foolproof. Part of the foolproof, however, is the result of the liner not being as pigmented as one would expect - so if you are expecting a bold purple line, this may not do it for you. I tried this out for the first time playing golf on a hot, humid day. At the end of the round, the liner had faded, but not smudged. There was still some color left, but it was much lighter. I knew this brand had good staying power during the workday (stays there all day, no fading, in temperature-controlled environments). I was impressed that the liner managed to hold up outdoors in makeup unfriendly weather.

SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. I agree with other reviewers that say this is watery and inconsistent. You will lay down a line, and parts of it will be dark in colors, others will be washed out x_X It doesn't reapply well at all either, it just ends up removing some of the color and not improving the situation...And yes, its a dull plummy color where it actually does stick properly. This product is a waste of time.

This liner is actually called Plum, not Purple, but its the same product # so maybe they've changed it since.

on 11/29/2007 5:10:00 PM

This is an okay eyeliner. The colour on the bottle is a metallic purple, but its actual colour is just a plummy, dull purple. The formula is nice..it lasts all day without smudging. If I wanted an eyeliner this colour, I would buy it again, but I don't think I will since the colour is nothing special. This is the first liquid liner I've used and I used the brush with no problem.