wet n wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner #864 Purple

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This liner was an impulse buy. Something I usually don't do, but have been doing a lot of lately? And I like it. Its not as good as my go-to liner which is Linear Intense with the felt tip, but it is alright and I would buy it again if the need arose as it's not expensive (hence the impulse buy), and it is pretty for when I want a change. Or if I'm going to be out part of the day and I want some liner before I go, I use this instead of my Linear. Pros: color is subtle and a darker purple, easy to apply, thin application brush, good price, good packaging. Cons: color wears off easily, its not a bright purple if you're looking for that, smudges easily. One thing I tried since I noticed it didn't have the all-day wearing power that Linear does, is I applied my Linear and then applied this over it. Its extra work, I know, but I got better staying power and I got a two-toned effect that caused a couple people to compliment me on it.

on 5/7/2009 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently purchased this eyeliner against my better judgment. Years previously, I had tried liquid eyeliner, and made myself into a hot mess with it. I tried to use it several times with disastrous results. I concluded that I just wasn’t an “eyeliner” person. I figured the ability to use liquid eyeliner was a gift that I didn’t have. Oh well.

After reading the reviews on MUA, I decided to give it one more try. Wet and Wild is cheap, so I figured the worst that could happen is I would blow a few bucks and end up looking like a cheap whore (like that’s a bad thing :-)). However, I tried the Wet N Wild liquid eyeliner, and it is fabulous! The purple doesn’t come across as too purple, it’s just a nice accent that really makes my green eyes pop! I am sooo happy that I decided to give liquid liner one more go. I love this stuff! I give it four lippies only because I have a hard time getting it off when I wash my face.

I may try other eyeliners, who knows…I am toying with the idea of a sapphire colored liquid liner…

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

not very pigmented at all.. really disappointed me.. if you are very pale, then this would work for you.. ladies of color, like me, avoid this unless you are going for a pretty natural look.. it won't show up very well on pigmented skin..

on 2/8/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I was disappointed with this at first, because the color is not very intense. But now I use it all the time for a more subtle look. The color isn't very bold, but it can be layered and even one layer adds definition and brightens the look of the eye for a more natural look. I also like to use a deeper plum on my upper lashline and use the liquid on the bottom. This way it adds definition, without being obvious and making the eye look smaller.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I actually really like this product. I don't have any problems applying or sensitivity. Stays on well and is dirt cheap. I have it in Plum and Black and will probably buy more.

FYI: The H20 Proof is not nearly as good.

on 7/6/2008 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Still very impressed with the Wet n' Wild Liquid liners. It's a slightly metallic plum - very attractive and practically foolproof. Part of the foolproof, however, is the result of the liner not being as pigmented as one would expect - so if you are expecting a bold purple line, this may not do it for you. I tried this out for the first time playing golf on a hot, humid day. At the end of the round, the liner had faded, but not smudged. There was still some color left, but it was much lighter. I knew this brand had good staying power during the workday (stays there all day, no fading, in temperature-controlled environments). I was impressed that the liner managed to hold up outdoors in makeup unfriendly weather.

This color is GORGEOUS. Really. Its e same color as the bottle. Stays and removes easily.