wet n wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner #864 Purple

wet n wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner #864 Purple

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

Not happy with this liquid eyeliner as it is too "watery" and takes a long time to build up color evenly

on 7/4/2010 5:34:00 AM

After hearing such good things about this liner, I purchased it with great hopes only to be somewhat disappointed.

It takes a few strokes to build up the colour:
- cream - needs to be built up
- powder - does better over powder.

On it's own, it again needs to be built up. I haven't tried it with eye primer yet, so will do another review when I've tried that.

I don't particularly care for the brush applicator. This could be because I am not that practiced with same, or perhaps I simply prefer a felt tip liner. Again, I would have to do another review once I have had more practice, but I don't feel that this would change my review of the actual product itself.

I don't think I would purchase this again.

This is my go-to eyeliner when I just want to go for something simple and easy enough so I don't have to worry about it all day. This doesn't smudge on me and looks really nice against my brown eyes. It does fade a little throughout the day but it has pretty good staying power. The only thing I don't love is that it comes in a dryer formula than the black one ( I don't know if it was just my bottle, but the consistency was the same in both my bottles), so it's a little harder to just glide on. But this is good for daytime as well as night.

I like wearing this liner for a different, but appropriate daytime look. On my pale skin it comes across as a medium grayish-mauve. I like to apply a thicker line of this purple liner first, then a very thin line of black liquid liner near the roots of my lashes followed by a few coats of mascara. I find the purple gives my green eyes that subtle pop while the black liner gives the impression of thicker fuller lashes.

Pros: Nice day time purple colour, price, easily available at drugstores, and the brush applicator.

Cons: Takes a few minutes to dry and the pigmentation is a little watery therefore I apply two coats.

I received this product as part of a gift from a friend. I hadn't used many Wet 'n' Wild eye makeup prior to this, so I wasn't sure what to expect, though I'm glad to say that I was quite pleased with the product!
The purple is a beautiful colour, not too bright.If you really look, you can see that it has little flecks of sparkles is in it And you can use it for both daytime and night time looks!
Overall, it's a great product, although I prefer to apply liquid eyeliner using a felt tip applicator. I had no trouble using this one, it's just a matter of preference.
Nice product, great price, must buy!

I had considered buying liquid eyeliner from Wet N' Wild for awhile, seeing the reviews on here, so I purchased this purple-colored liquid eyeliner and was horribly disappointed with it! I am hoping that it is just this color, because now, I am unwilling to try the other colors either. This product was very very watery and as others put it, "inconsistent" in application. Barely any purple even shows up...looks more brown than anything, but a watery brown, so it's pretty much a waste! Plus, it's not waterproof, not that it claims to be, but some people say it is....so, I would have to dispute that. *Sigh*

on 7/18/2008 3:13:00 AM

Highly unremarkable. I know that's contradictory but my dilemma when first reading these reviews was- well, I like purple. So what if it doesn't shimmer etc. like everyone says. I thought I was going to be okay with the ordinary purple everyone was talking about but it's really dirty looking and not as pigmented as it should be. It's truly dull which makes it even worse than a nice purple pencil liner. It also doesn't last long which is weird for a liquid eyeliner. It seemed to slowly disappear in specks. And it's true, the purple and turquoise liner are like night and day in terms of quality. Purple sucks. Don't get it.

I rated it three lippies because on the whole of all the world's eyeliners, it could have been much worse. I couldn't bare to trash it any lower than 3.

on 5/19/2008 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This color is a slightly shimmery purple. The liner is just as long-lasting and easy to use as the other Megaliner liquid liners, but this particular liner seems to lack a bit of pigmentation compared to Turquoise or Black. Still an excellent product, but you might have to layer the color a little to get it to show up. Looks really lovely on brown eyes.

on 5/13/2008 6:56:00 PM

I bought this in green and I love it. It's super bright and vibrant. This stuff is horrible in purple. It's really watery and no color at all in spots. I debated buying it and am sorry I did.

on 4/11/2008 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Bought this in the greenish shade and loved it,but this is watery, and has very little color impact. It's like they are two kinds of products, but they aren't supposed to be! I know, you can't expect much from a cheapo line, but often the w&w stuff is pretty good. This one isn't IMO.