Wet 'n' Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner #864 Purple

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Wet 'n' Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner #864 Purple

2.4

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Decent, but not great. Not a really good purple color, it dries a weird grey-ish. Staying power is ok, but again not great. Still looking for a good purple liquid liner.

on 2/17/2011 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This product is a complete dud. I got it yesterday because I've been looking into trying eyeliner in colors other than black or brown. I was originally going to purchase the Milani brand but regretfully changed my mind at the last minute after I saw this product and realized that it was about $4 cheaper. Probably a big mistake since Milani has better reviews and probably performs much better.

Firstly, the packaging is tiny, so you don't get much product, but it is only about $3 so I guess that's fine. The applicator is a tiny brush, which I cannot stand since they're a little bit harder to control than felt tip applicators. I find that liquid liners work a lot better if you shake them up vigorously before applying. Not this one. Shaking did not do a thing as the product is still very watery and goes on thin. Application is a messy process because one or two layers will not do enough. The color is not opaque, and it is a slightly gray-ish purple so it's not bright and vibrant like I had hoped. The more you layer it, the worse it clumps and slips off. It also does not dry quickly so I ended up with a ton of smudges.
I still tried to work with it and applied it in multiple layers... then I got it on my waterline which was a huge mistake. This stuff stings and irritates my eyes really bad... so that's another negative - it cannot be used on the waterline. After my eyes watered for a while I looked in the mirror and half the product had came off. Not sure if this is supposed to be waterproof or not... but it does not stay on. In the 30 minutes (or less) that I had it on, it had already started to slide off before my eyes even started watering.

Bad product. Will not repurchase. Should have got the WnW creme liner in eggplant - probably would have been a much better alternative.

on 7/2/2010 6:43:00 PM

I orignal bought the green and blue shade and had amazing results so i bought the purple thinking i was in for more awesomeness,sadly i was disappointed. This purple was an ugly muddy purple and for some reason harder to apply then my other liquid colors. So i wouldnt buy this if you are looking for a more vibrant purple.

on 5/12/2010 12:53:00 AM

Hurts Eyes and irrating
smudgey
so bleh

on 8/31/2009 6:07:00 PM

Well , It wasn't the purple i was expecting ...
But it still looked pretty great (:
It wasn't really the vibrant purple i was expecting , more dull lavender .
Which still looks pretty good, if you don't mind .
Its sorta watery which isn't horrible , the brush is nice .
Dirt cheap , it was the first liquid eyeliner i brought when i decided to try (: I would buy this again but a different color for me !

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really pretty shimmery plum shade and I like the price. It performs well and I have no trouble with smudging at all.
This liner performs well for a bargain price.

on 4/19/2006 5:09:00 PM

Every single time I've worn this eyeliner, both males and females have commented on my eyes-- 'You look hot today!' or 'Your eyes look great today!' Needless to say, I try to wear it a lot but so much that people get used to it. :-P If you really load up the little applicator with product, you get a really vibrant purple with a pearlescent sheen to it. If you only use a little, you can tone down the look. Very versatile product.