Wet 'n' Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner #864 Purple

3.1

on 2/17/2011 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This product is a complete dud. I got it yesterday because I've been looking into trying eyeliner in colors other than black or brown. I was originally going to purchase the Milani brand but regretfully changed my mind at the last minute after I saw this product and realized that it was about $4 cheaper. Probably a big mistake since Milani has better reviews and probably performs much better.

Firstly, the packaging is tiny, so you don't get much product, but it is only about $3 so I guess that's fine. The applicator is a tiny brush, which I cannot stand since they're a little bit harder to control than felt tip applicators. I find that liquid liners work a lot better if you shake them up vigorously before applying. Not this one. Shaking did not do a thing as the product is still very watery and goes on thin. Application is a messy process because one or two layers will not do enough. The color is not opaque, and it is a slightly gray-ish purple so it's not bright and vibrant like I had hoped. The more you layer it, the worse it clumps and slips off. It also does not dry quickly so I ended up with a ton of smudges.
I still tried to work with it and applied it in multiple layers... then I got it on my waterline which was a huge mistake. This stuff stings and irritates my eyes really bad... so that's another negative - it cannot be used on the waterline. After my eyes watered for a while I looked in the mirror and half the product had came off. Not sure if this is supposed to be waterproof or not... but it does not stay on. In the 30 minutes (or less) that I had it on, it had already started to slide off before my eyes even started watering.

Bad product. Will not repurchase. Should have got the WnW creme liner in eggplant - probably would have been a much better alternative.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Not a fan of this at all. I have this in blue and turquoise, as well, and they are so vivid and pigmented that I had high hopes for the purple, but it goes on very sheer and has a grayish tone that I don't find appealing. I had to layer it several times for it to show up at all, and that caused the liner to be too goopy and smudge all over the place. I gave it a 2 because I do like the applicator on these liners, it's a very skinny brush that makes it easy to get a fine line. Otherwise, though, don't waste your money. Typically I would say it's not a huge loss, because it is cheap, but it's not even worth the four bucks I paid for it.

on 7/2/2010 6:43:00 PM

I orignal bought the green and blue shade and had amazing results so i bought the purple thinking i was in for more awesomeness,sadly i was disappointed. This purple was an ugly muddy purple and for some reason harder to apply then my other liquid colors. So i wouldnt buy this if you are looking for a more vibrant purple.

I like wearing this liner for a different, but appropriate daytime look. On my pale skin it comes across as a medium grayish-mauve. I like to apply a thicker line of this purple liner first, then a very thin line of black liquid liner near the roots of my lashes followed by a few coats of mascara. I find the purple gives my green eyes that subtle pop while the black liner gives the impression of thicker fuller lashes.

Pros: Nice day time purple colour, price, easily available at drugstores, and the brush applicator.

Cons: Takes a few minutes to dry and the pigmentation is a little watery therefore I apply two coats.

I received this product as part of a gift from a friend. I hadn't used many Wet 'n' Wild eye makeup prior to this, so I wasn't sure what to expect, though I'm glad to say that I was quite pleased with the product!
The purple is a beautiful colour, not too bright.If you really look, you can see that it has little flecks of sparkles is in it And you can use it for both daytime and night time looks!
Overall, it's a great product, although I prefer to apply liquid eyeliner using a felt tip applicator. I had no trouble using this one, it's just a matter of preference.
Nice product, great price, must buy!

on 2/8/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I was disappointed with this at first, because the color is not very intense. But now I use it all the time for a more subtle look. The color isn't very bold, but it can be layered and even one layer adds definition and brightens the look of the eye for a more natural look. I also like to use a deeper plum on my upper lashline and use the liquid on the bottom. This way it adds definition, without being obvious and making the eye look smaller.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I actually really like this product. I don't have any problems applying or sensitivity. Stays on well and is dirt cheap. I have it in Plum and Black and will probably buy more.

FYI: The H20 Proof is not nearly as good.

on 7/18/2008 3:13:00 AM

Highly unremarkable. I know that's contradictory but my dilemma when first reading these reviews was- well, I like purple. So what if it doesn't shimmer etc. like everyone says. I thought I was going to be okay with the ordinary purple everyone was talking about but it's really dirty looking and not as pigmented as it should be. It's truly dull which makes it even worse than a nice purple pencil liner. It also doesn't last long which is weird for a liquid eyeliner. It seemed to slowly disappear in specks. And it's true, the purple and turquoise liner are like night and day in terms of quality. Purple sucks. Don't get it.

I rated it three lippies because on the whole of all the world's eyeliners, it could have been much worse. I couldn't bare to trash it any lower than 3.

on 10/25/2006 2:29:00 AM

I hate giving bad reviews to products that have otherwise gotten such raves, but this stuff was terrible. I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or what, but the color was watery and inconsistant. When applied, I ended up with patches that were deeper purple, and patches where it looked as though I'd almost skipped over that part of my eyelid. I was optimistic and even tried applying a second coat. No luck. What a disappointment because the black and turquoise versions of this liner are absolutely amazing.

on 8/2/2006 7:41:00 PM

This was the first liquid liner I purchased for myself (and applied myself) and I was pleasantly suprised at how easy it could be! A MA taught me to lay the brush along the lashline and not try to paint it on, and he was correct, it's quite easy using that technique.

The brush is fine and flexible, sturdy enough to not not splay when light pressure is applied.

That being said, this is a beautiful purple shade, quite bright, and fairly long lasting. If I layer it on too thick it flakes a little, but when applied minimally it lasts through a long evening dancing (when I find it most appropriate to wear bright purple eyeliner).

For my trademark Halloween costume (Super Vixen), I pair this with the MegaLiner in Turquoise for stunning space-girl eyes!