Wet 'n' Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner #864 Purple

Price: $

on 2/17/2011 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This product is a complete dud. I got it yesterday because I've been looking into trying eyeliner in colors other than black or brown. I was originally going to purchase the Milani brand but regretfully changed my mind at the last minute after I saw this product and realized that it was about $4 cheaper. Probably a big mistake since Milani has better reviews and probably performs much better.

Firstly, the packaging is tiny, so you don't get much product, but it is only about $3 so I guess that's fine. The applicator is a tiny brush, which I cannot stand since they're a little bit harder to control than felt tip applicators. I find that liquid liners work a lot better if you shake them up vigorously before applying. Not this one. Shaking did not do a thing as the product is still very watery and goes on thin. Application is a messy process because one or two layers will not do enough. The color is not opaque, and it is a slightly gray-ish purple so it's not bright and vibrant like I had hoped. The more you layer it, the worse it clumps and slips off. It also does not dry quickly so I ended up with a ton of smudges.
I still tried to work with it and applied it in multiple layers... then I got it on my waterline which was a huge mistake. This stuff stings and irritates my eyes really bad... so that's another negative - it cannot be used on the waterline. After my eyes watered for a while I looked in the mirror and half the product had came off. Not sure if this is supposed to be waterproof or not... but it does not stay on. In the 30 minutes (or less) that I had it on, it had already started to slide off before my eyes even started watering.

Bad product. Will not repurchase. Should have got the WnW creme liner in eggplant - probably would have been a much better alternative.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Not a fan of this at all. I have this in blue and turquoise, as well, and they are so vivid and pigmented that I had high hopes for the purple, but it goes on very sheer and has a grayish tone that I don't find appealing. I had to layer it several times for it to show up at all, and that caused the liner to be too goopy and smudge all over the place. I gave it a 2 because I do like the applicator on these liners, it's a very skinny brush that makes it easy to get a fine line. Otherwise, though, don't waste your money. Typically I would say it's not a huge loss, because it is cheap, but it's not even worth the four bucks I paid for it.

Not happy with this liquid eyeliner as it is too "watery" and takes a long time to build up color evenly

on 11/22/2009 1:49:00 PM

No, this is not it. The black liquid eyeliner seems to have great reviews, but the purple one doesn't deserve it. The colour is okay....it's more of a subdued mauve colour, but my rating reflects the staying power - nil on my lids. I have oily lids, but it's never this bad with a liquid liner. I was drinking a juice box and accidentally squirted a drop on my right eyelid. i patted the drop away lightly and checked in the washroom - it was smudged. even the other eye was no longer showing a consistent line after 2 hours of wear.

on 7/10/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this yesterday along with the black one, it was on clearance, I was looking for a good purple liner and I think I found a pretty good one. First of all is not very bright so if youre looking for a very vibrant purple... keep looking!, I do two layers (or is it coats...whatevs) and it looks perfect, the texture of the liner is too liquid and runny but I dont mind that... if theres any change Ill update on that, the lasting power is very good, it doesnt smudge or transfer to the crease and I have oily lids.. I love the brush since is not felt tip but a brush is more flexible and easier to work with at least in my case, so yeah I would definitely buy again if I ever run out, Im in love with these, the black one is the best black liquid liner Ive had so far!

on 4/27/2009 10:58:00 PM

This is one of the first liquid eyeliners I bought and tried out because of other reviews I've found and because it is dirt cheap (2-3 bucks?). Before this I used to only use black pencil eyeliners, but i decided one day to try out liquid eyeliners because they looked easier and faster to apply. I saw this color and was intrigued so i bought it and this is MY FAVORITE eyeliner and color. It looks gorgeous on my medium Asian skin tone. It is very watery but to me it provides for a very even color after it all dries. I don't have problems with creasing or coming off either but that may be due to the use of my Too faced eyelid primer (love this too!). I don't have issues of it burning or irritating my eyes but I also don't apply eyeliners on my waterline as my eyes are pretty sensitive. I prefer this brush tip versus felt tips because this very thin brush tip seems to give me a more accurate line. This comes off very easily too with makeup remover or even just rubbing off with my fingers and water, but this may be due to the fact that my lids get oily at the end of the day. Overall, i love this eyeliner and I have bought a backup of this color just in case they ever discontinue this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

not very pigmented at all.. really disappointed me.. if you are very pale, then this would work for you.. ladies of color, like me, avoid this unless you are going for a pretty natural look.. it won't show up very well on pigmented skin..

I had considered buying liquid eyeliner from Wet N' Wild for awhile, seeing the reviews on here, so I purchased this purple-colored liquid eyeliner and was horribly disappointed with it! I am hoping that it is just this color, because now, I am unwilling to try the other colors either. This product was very very watery and as others put it, "inconsistent" in application. Barely any purple even shows up...looks more brown than anything, but a watery brown, so it's pretty much a waste! Plus, it's not waterproof, not that it claims to be, but some people say it is....so, I would have to dispute that. *Sigh*

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I actually really like this product. I don't have any problems applying or sensitivity. Stays on well and is dirt cheap. I have it in Plum and Black and will probably buy more.

FYI: The H20 Proof is not nearly as good.

on 7/18/2008 3:13:00 AM

Highly unremarkable. I know that's contradictory but my dilemma when first reading these reviews was- well, I like purple. So what if it doesn't shimmer etc. like everyone says. I thought I was going to be okay with the ordinary purple everyone was talking about but it's really dirty looking and not as pigmented as it should be. It's truly dull which makes it even worse than a nice purple pencil liner. It also doesn't last long which is weird for a liquid eyeliner. It seemed to slowly disappear in specks. And it's true, the purple and turquoise liner are like night and day in terms of quality. Purple sucks. Don't get it.

I rated it three lippies because on the whole of all the world's eyeliners, it could have been much worse. I couldn't bare to trash it any lower than 3.