Avene Ystheal+ Creme

Avene  Ystheal+ Creme

3.7

Ingredients: aqua, caprylic/capric triglyceride, avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, squalane, propylene glycol, glycol montanate, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, bht, butylparaben, carbomer, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, CI 17200, retinaldehyde C.T. 0.05%, tocopheryl glucoside (vitamin E), triethanolamine.

on 2/17/2016 6:05:00 PM

Didn't do anything for me ... No difference on wrinkles or fine lines and I used the whole tube till it finished - I do like avene products so will try another cream. Package is bit heavy ( I travel a lot) . Price is ok I guess for a good cream.

got this in paris last month and i love the feel and moisture of this product. I can wear this alone or with moisturizer and it makes my skin supple and soft. so far loving the results of more glow in my skin. great price when purchased in Europe.

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/26/2015 12:33:00 AM

I tend to have a dry skin during winter months and in addition to that it is light and very sensitive in the area of cheeks. In general, I do love Avene products (their thermal water and soothing face mask are amazing products!) as they are very gentle and suitable for my sensitive skin.
However there is a different story with this product - Ystheal cream... I got it by recommendation of one beauty guru that I really trust, who regularly using this cream as a part of her anti-aging routine.
I must worn you, if you have skin like mine (dry and very thin & sensitive on cheeks) this product probably won't be right for you. I used it strictly in the evening, after washing my face and applying a thin layer (as it should be) before going to bed. First 3 days I did not notice anything, however in the morning of day 4th, I notice that my skin is very IRRITATED and RED with the same sensation like I got a SUNBIRN on my face. In addition to that, I could not even apply any daily moisturizer, as I simply got even more burning on my face!!! I was very disappointed by this product. Here in Canada it is pricy - around $50. Fortunately I could returned it.
The conclusion is, I do love Avene products, they are great for sensitive skin and have great hygienic packaging preventing germs spreading.
BUT I definitely will not recommend this Ystheal cream in particular for those who have sensitive thin skin with tendency to redness. It will make it worse. Trust me

on 10/1/2013 8:50:00 PM

I have dry skin that can look dull and tired. It is also irritable once winter comes, and prone to acne. This cream moisturizes effectively during the fall/winter, but may be a tad heavy for summer months. It also does not cause any breakouts for me. I must admit that I had to ween myself onto using it. I could only start using it 2 times a week for about 2 months until my skin got used to it as it would sting a bit. Eventually, I grew to using it nightly and I am very happy with how my skin looks. I'm not impressed with the price, so I think I will try something similar but lesser in value. If I'm not happy with that product, I will be coming back to this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the first times I liked to use it, and I don't make allergie to it (which is great for me) but then I realised that it isnĀ“t so well absoved by my skin. It's is for dry skins and for that I undertand that is a little oily, but I've tried better.
If I have it, I use it, but I didn't fall for it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin! I wasted a lot of money on products before I found Avene products. Everything from Avene is wonderful and Ystheal is my favorite product. My skin is better than ever and finally I feel buying stuff that actually works! I totally recommend Avene products. I was introduced to these products by a dermatologist and I love them ALL!

I use Ystheal, Eulage (eye), Serenage, Eau Thermale, and Tinted Compact (SPF 50). ALL wonderful :)

on 2/17/2013 9:58:00 PM

This is a revisit - I had high hopes for this cream after the training from Avene (cosmetician).

It really irritated my skin, and i tried multiple times throughout the year...nope. it didn't work.

Going back to retinol creams from Neutrogena....not as strong but definitely won't piss off my skin (red, flaky, bumps) next day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This cream has completely transformed my skin, so here's my rave:
I'd been suffering from mild but very persistent adult acne for a few months: I had one or two new pimples every day, sometimes small, others painful and bigger, and some persistent blackheads on the sides of my cheeks. Nothing I did made any difference until I started using this. After a couple of days, I already noticed the difference in the texture of my skin: much smoother, no bumps underneath, no clogged pores. My skin is slightly dry and at first I didn't find this moisturising enough but now my skin seems to have got used to it. When I wake up my face doesn't feel tight but there's also no excess oil produced.
I've been using this for almost 2 months now and I still haven't got rid of all the pimples, but now they are restricted to a few days (probably hormonal) and they heal significantly faster overnight (when I use this). What's more, I have visible sebaceous filaments on my nose that used to get super clogged but I never had that problem anymore. My skin is luminous, smooth and I keep the rest of my routine really simple because I trust Ystheal to do the job. Now I'm only afraid of what might happen if one day I stop using this :) For around 20 euros you can't get anything better!
(oh, if only it wasn't peachy coloured - it does stain my pillow-cases a lot!)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Wow. My skin has never looked this good (and I'm coming off a rough patch where my skin was under severe environmental stress). I'm 36, and my skin looks better than it did in my 20s. OK, I have a few fine lines on my forehead, but it's clearer and more radiant now!

I recently switched from the Ystheal Emulsion to the Ystheal Creme. While the emulsion was good, my skin veers toward the very dry side, especially in winter. The Creme has been perfect.

I started using the Creme about 2 weeks ago. Last week I realized that I didn't need to wear a base anymore (I have been wearing Laura Mercier's mineral powder to even things out). My skin is even-toned, glowing, perfectly clear. I've made two minor adjustments to my skincare routine recently: using the Ystheal Creme and adding a moisturizing serum as well (I'm really dry).

There is a light scent; it doesn't bother me. It hasn't irritated my skin. The peach color is fine, because it's meant to be worn at night.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I had read a number of reviews on the Avene line since I had been intrigued by the products Duane Reade stores. Anyway, I'm glad that I tried it for myself. Before using Avene's Ystheal+Cream (colder months) and the Emulsion (warmer months), I used Olay's Regnerist serum for many years. I noticed that within the past couple of years, it was not as effective as I was getting older. Anyway, I do not have visible wrinkles, but the skin texture was not as smooth. I used to shy away from retinol products, because they were a bit too harsh. However, this Avene line is so gentle. It made my skin soft and youthful. I use it every night and occasionally mix it with a SPF lotion during the daytime. It works well under my make-up. It's the only anti-aging product I use, and I love it. I've given it to friends and family. I'm on my third tube. Only drawback is that you can't tell when the product is running low.