Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion
Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have super dry and cracked hands, and am always on the lookout for a new and better hand cream. I just tried it for the first time tonight (hands only) before hitting the hay. As the previous poster (bonapart) mentioned, it has a very strange smell to me. My overly honest 5 year old likes it and thinks it smells nice! Maybe it is just us but it's awful nonetheless. Moisturizers like a dream and doesn't feel greasy or sticky whatsoever! Too bad about the smell, it may have been my next go to hand cream!

on 1/6/2017 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I paid 13 euros for this, which, considering that I usually use a generic baby lotion that costs like 3 euros, is completely over the top for me. And despite the price, I just want to throw it away.

I bought it yesterday. Gave the tester tube in the store a sniff, it barely had any scent at all. I liked that, I'm not a fan of scented body lotions because I'm incredibly sensitive to scents and I don't want anything interfering with my perfumes. I put it on in the evening after a thorough shower (with an unscented soap, because of the same reason I just mentioned) and good gods above, this stinks. I don't understand, did I get a bad batch or something, is it spoiled or what??? People writing in the positive reviews that it smells light and sweet: I must be from another planet. It smells revoltingly sour to me, not herbal sour or citrusy, but chemically sour. It reminds me of limescale remover liquid, and not even fresh, but when you've already scrubbed your drain with it and the chemical scent has mixed with the stink of drain dirt. It's unbelievably strong, too: I can still smell it on me more than ten hours later.

The texture and moisturising properties of this lotion are good, it did make my skin nicely soft and moisturised. I'm less fond of the squeeze tube design; I prefer my body lotions in a pump bottle, so that I don't have to leave lotion all over the tube while I'm putting it on and then going back for more. Still, I'll cope with just about any kind of packaging for a good lotion, and this is, moisture-wise, a good lotion. It's not better than my generic cheap baby butt lotion, though. And with the way this stinks? There's no possible scenario in which I'd ever buy this again. I don't even want to put this on a second time.

EDIT: I don't think I made it clear enough just how strong and revolting the scent of this is. I'm usually not a fan of the way natural creams and body lotions smell; a lot of them smell overly herbal or medicial to me, but on the bright side, it's usually a faint smell that comes from the active ingredients themselves and thus fades quickly. This doesn't. I checked the label; it has added fragrance (supposedly natural, but it's still added), and a lot of it, too. It's really high up on the list of ingredients. So it's not just a natural lotion that happens to smell bad because of some really natural and beneficial ingredients, it's a scented lotion that's supposed to smell like this. And frankly, I'm not buying that the added fragrance is natural. It's way too strong. The scent lingers far more than the scents of Lush products, and Lush is notorious for pumping lots of added natural fragrances into their stuff.

on 2/7/2016 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the smell of this lotion--it's light and sweet. I love it for my dry winter hands. One of the things I like most is it doesn't leave my hands feeling greasy.

on 11/14/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lotion and use it mostly on my hands before I go to bed. So far it's the only lotion of many that hasn't caused my neck or face to break out (I sleep with my hands tucked under my neck...I know it's weird). I don't mind the smell and prefer it over the chemical or overly fragrant smells of other lotions. As I have gotten older I have learned my skin only likes all-natural products like Burts Bees. I also absolutely love their sensitive skin face lotion. Both are definitely HG products for me!

on 12/19/2015 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my favorite daily lotion. I absolutely love the way it smells, so comforting. It actually does remind me of milk and honey! This is a very moisturizing, non-greasy, skin soothing lotion. Burt's Bees doesn't have many products that I'm willing to rave about but this one is a keeper! Highly Recommend

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is a decent, lightweight lotion for hands and body. I prefer a richer lotion for my body though, particularly given the price point, so I mainly use it for my hands. My skin is not super dry, but it does not leave me feeling as soft as other, less expensive moisturizers have, which is a shame. Scent-wise, it has an initial fake, plasticky note that I hate, but once the lotion soaks in, it turns into a sweet, light, warm honeyed scent that I like very much. It doesn't last very long, though. I will use it up, but I wouldn't buy it again. I think it's overpriced for what it is.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

So I am new to trying burts bees products but after spending an hour in target in the natural lotion aisle testing the ones that caught my eye, I went for this one. And yes, it has proved to be very moisturizing with a more liquidy consistency then my previous thick moisturizer. I like this consistency because it is easy and quick to rub in and the new bottle comes in a pump! I was actually scared of the smell and thought I wouldn't like it throughout the day since I read previous reviews but it is actually really nice to me and it is not strong at all like others have described it! It definitely is a smell only you can smell if you put your nose on your skin!! Lol not a smell where the whole room will know it is not a perfume !! I personally love that the smell actually is present when I want to get a whiff because I was upset at my previous lotion that had a delicious coconut hibiscus scent and you could only smell it when you put it on. Overall this is awesome and I would def try the other lotions burts bees offers !

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A very nice lotion for use in the privacy of your home. Ladies do not take this one to work if you work in a scent-free environment. The scent is way too strong for the workplace. It is even overpowering my perfume. This is a rich, thick cream that would be lovely for a spa pamper day at home, when you can luxuriate in as much scent as you want!

on 5/6/2015 1:18:00 AM

I don't understand why there are so many negative reviews for this lotion. Im obsessed with it. The smell is awesome. I love the lingering, staying power it has. It truly smells like milk and honey and isn't overpowering to me at all. It's rich and thick and my skin absorbs it nicely without feeling greasy. Perhaps the other reviewers are overusing it. A little goes a long way and I will continue to use this in the foreseeable future.

on 7/6/2015 4:42:00 PM

Mmmmmm....love the smell of this. Havent used it in awhile but seeing it here makes me want to buy it again-lol. Makes me think of buttermilk. Good on dry areas like legs knees elbows feet but too greasy on hands. And yeah the smell is strong!

Popular Lotions / Creams