Weleda Wild Rose Intensive Eye Cream

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Weleda Wild Rose Intensive Eye Cream

2.0

Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Rosa Moschata (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sedum Purpureum (Orpine) Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil Unsaponisables.

on 3/13/2012 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

i got a huge box of about 50 small samples of this eye treatment at work last summer. i didn't use it much but when i did it really didn't do anything, it even felt a little irritating. since my eye area got really dry and flaky over the winter and my dark circles (which are naturally already pretty strong) became even worse i decided to give it another try! it made my eye water and itch, my undereye circles were not only dark now but also red and my eyes were stinging even the next morning after applying it. the burning in my eyes made me feel really exhausted and tired throughout the whole day. ughh... another eye cream which i'm allergic to. i guess i have to keep on searching for the right cream to hydrate my very sensitive and dry eye area while diminishing my dark circles.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used this well over a year ago (12/2007, reviewed 01/2008), and it was a disaster. Tried it again, and I've changed my mind hence updated review.

Nice gel/cream, quite intensive, you only need a dot. I think that's where I went wrong before, applying too much in a thicker layer (never sank in, was greasy, flaked off, nasty in eyes, too rich and heavy). Minimum of ingredients, including peach, sweet almond, jojoba, rosehip, and avocado oils (full list at end of review).

It does need a light hand - just dotted on, then patted in, and very little of it. And it doesn't sink right in. Eye creams containing mineral oil seem to be the best for that; shea butter ones if your skin can take them (can be too rich and lead to milia, but all depends on the quantity of shea butter - ex. Simple Kind to Eyes is fine on me).

The Weleda joins the ever-increasing ranks of eye creams containing rose hip/seed oil: Aubrey Organics, Dr. Hauschka, Trilogy, and the more expensive Darphin. And there is always the option of mixing in some straight-up rose hip oil with your regular eye cream, or applying it beforehand as a serum.

No miracle results to report, and I found - like with the Trilogy - initial results were good but it needed reapplication during the day. While the texture is lightweight, it's too rich to use in a thicker layer (will just sit there, then dry, then flake off). On the other hand, no irritation, so no disaster either. There are other "less green" eye creams I've preferred (still, by companies that don't test in animals, and use at least some plant ingredients). On the "green" front: Beauty Without Cruelty, Aubrey's Organics, Kiss My Face, Zia, and AnneMarie Borlind make the best light-but-moist eye creams I've tested so far - with results closest to the "less green" ones.

Cheap in Europe (GBP 9.00 / EUR 14.00), probably more in USD. Definitely the cheapest rosehip oil eye cream on the market here, though.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), peach (Prunus persica) oil, sweet almond (Prunus amygdalus dulcis) oil, alcohol, jojoba (Buxus chinensis) seed oil, hydrolyzed beeswax, Rosa moschata seed oil, avocado (Persea gratissima) fruit oil unsaponifiables, glyceryl stearate SE, orpine (Sedum purpureum) extract, Euphrasia officinalis extract, xanthan gum, sodium beeswax, olive (Olea europaea) fruit oil unsaponifiables. continued >>