Weleda Wild Rose Intensive Eye Cream

Weleda Wild Rose Intensive Eye Cream

3.5

Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Rosa Moschata (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sedum Purpureum (Orpine) Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil Unsaponisables.

on 3/13/2012 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

i got a huge box of about 50 small samples of this eye treatment at work last summer. i didn't use it much but when i did it really didn't do anything, it even felt a little irritating. since my eye area got really dry and flaky over the winter and my dark circles (which are naturally already pretty strong) became even worse i decided to give it another try! it made my eye water and itch, my undereye circles were not only dark now but also red and my eyes were stinging even the next morning after applying it. the burning in my eyes made me feel really exhausted and tired throughout the whole day. ughh... another eye cream which i'm allergic to. i guess i have to keep on searching for the right cream to hydrate my very sensitive and dry eye area while diminishing my dark circles.

LIke other reviewers have said - I was completely fooled by the use of the word "intensive". It sucks. It isn't even as emoillent as a standard face cream.

Don't waste your money - it stinks.

I purchased mine for about $35 Australian - a huge waste of money for something that didn't deliver. I do like other Weleda products. I love the almond oil and intensive face cream. The rose body oil is an absolute winner. But this doesn't work!!

This is by far the worst eye cream I've ever used. It made my eye area look wrinkled. When we were kids and in plays playing older people, we used to put something on our faces (egg whites?) to make our skin look wrinkled and old. This is exactly what this cream does to my eye area. Bags, crinkles, creases, wrinkles: if you want them, use this cream. I returned it after using just a couple of times.

This cream did not moisturize my eye countour area at all! I'm only 25 so I don't need a lot of help from eye creams but it was not enough even for me. I am quite disappointed with it. I love the tube (hate how most all eye creams come in jars) and the price but it really is much too light for me. I ended up throwing it away and I am still looking for a good eye cream.

on 2/20/2007 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the reviews of this product, I was anxious to try it and ordered it from Baldwins in the UK, to be shipped to me here in the USA. Once I received it and used it, I was SO DISSAPOINTED in the results! It felt great on my skin, but oh my god, it ACCENTUATED every wrinkle under my eyes! I have never had this happen to me before with an eye cream, so I am totally shocked by this, and am really surprised no one else who used this cream mentions this -can I really be the only one who noticed this? After reading all the ingredients, the only ingredient I trace to possibley causing this is the beeswax they use, because oils fill in wrinkles, but the beeswax must be what is causing all my eye wrinkles to show up and look so exagerated, by settling inside them instead of smoothing them over like a cream or oil would do. Lastly, my eyes started getting watery after a few hours wear, so I no longer use this eye cream. I guess I'm going back to my "Holy Grail eye cream", Lancome's Progres. Progres is so rich and oily I was hoping to find something lighter for daytime use, but this Weleda Wild Rose eye cream is definitely not it. =(

Minus: not moisturing, accentuated my wrinkles, high cost (26 Euros in Greece)
Plus: it does not irritate my very sensitive eye area
Wouldn't repurchase

on 4/28/2010 8:29:00 AM

I like Weleda, but I wasn't too impressed with this product. It is moisturizing, but that is about it... it is expensive for the amount you get, and I found it made no difference at all to the skin around my eyes. Feels like your average moisturizer, no better no worse... but I want more from an eye cream!

I really love Weleda products, but this just isn't doing it for me! It moisturizes a little, but did nothing for my dark eye circles and fine creping, if anything, it made the creping more pronounced.
I also have the Wild Rose Day and Night Creams, which I love, love, love! Putting the night cream around my eyes is far more effective than this eye cream in terms of moisturizing at least.
I will continue to love my other Weleda products, as they are amazing! This one will have to remain half-used at the back of my cabinet however.
Will not repurchase.

I bought this eyecream after reading the reviews here and I have to say I am quite disappointed. I have dry and sensitve skin around my eyes and I was looking for an eyecream to hydrate well without causing irritation and hopefully plump up the fine lines as well. 1- This cream is much too thin and light for me. It provided very little moisture. 2- The fragrance, while natural, is strong. 3- The packaging is hygienic but dents easily in my make up bag and I worry about the metal tube eventually breaking. The price was reasonable and I think this would be worth trying if you are looking for a very basic eye cream. It is everything but intensive, in my experience. For the record, I purchased Clinique All About Eyes Rich next and I am much happier with that one.

on 1/30/2016 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got this on 50% (while supplies last) at Whole Foods and I think it is going to be d/c'ed or re-formulated soon so I got it - without reading the reviews first.

So far it's fine - light to mid-weight average, nice smelling, eye cream.