Weleda Wild Rose Intensive Eye Cream

Weleda Wild Rose Intensive Eye Cream

3.5

Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Rosa Moschata (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sedum Purpureum (Orpine) Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil Unsaponisables.

I am an eye cream fanatic and I have tried so many. Recently I discovered Weleda products, specifically skinfood and the face balm, which are both quite amazing and shockingly inexpensive at around $12 each. After reading reviews here for the eye cream I had to try it. I learned that it is impossible to find this in the U.S. so I ordered it off a UK website.(to anyone who cares it was www.baldwins.co.uk. These people have the best CS out there. It got to me in 4 days. They initially sent me the wrong item which costs three times as much and after I notified them they not only sent me the correct item in 4 days, they told me to keep the pricey one as well!) This cream comes in a metal tube and that is basically the only thing wrong with it. I hate metal tubes, they always crack on me and do not hold up well. Other than that small complaint, this is quite a wonderful cream. At first I thought it was terrible. It seemed watery and I am used to a thick cream since I need a lot of moisture. As I put it on, I felt like it wasn't doing a thing. I let it soak in and wow!! My eyes are perfectly moisturized but not at all greasy, there is no strange odor, it is so gentle and it leaves my eye area feeling really soothed in a perfect way. I am 41 and I usually get nothing out of lighter creams or gels. This seems like a watery lotion going on but whatever is in it really does a wonderful job of providing enough mositure to my over 40 eyes. I usually like shisiedo benefiance, Cle De Peau balm, Lierac coherence and Annick Goutals creme splendide eye cream. That should tell you what my preferences are. The price was great too. It cost me about $20 all told, including the shipping which was very reasonable. I will definitely be rebuying this, I hope it becomes available in this country soon but if it doesn't I completely trust G Baldwin &Co to keep me stocked in it!

Minus: not moisturing, accentuated my wrinkles, high cost (26 Euros in Greece)
Plus: it does not irritate my very sensitive eye area
Wouldn't repurchase

on 1/11/2008 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It's an okay eye cream. Nothing special. There's nothing intensive about it. Smells nice and the texture is nice. No improvements seen after 2 tubes.

Update: I have been using this for the last 6 months about 3-4 times a week at night time. As I was surfing MU for eye treatments...I just realized I am wrinkles free around my eyes now and do not require anything new to be picked up. Hmmm...not sure if this is what got rid of my lines (and boy did I have many!!) but something is really working...it could be the jojoba oil I use to moisturize my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used this well over a year ago (12/2007, reviewed 01/2008), and it was a disaster. Tried it again, and I've changed my mind hence updated review.

Nice gel/cream, quite intensive, you only need a dot. I think that's where I went wrong before, applying too much in a thicker layer (never sank in, was greasy, flaked off, nasty in eyes, too rich and heavy). Minimum of ingredients, including peach, sweet almond, jojoba, rosehip, and avocado oils (full list at end of review).

It does need a light hand - just dotted on, then patted in, and very little of it. And it doesn't sink right in. Eye creams containing mineral oil seem to be the best for that; shea butter ones if your skin can take them (can be too rich and lead to milia, but all depends on the quantity of shea butter - ex. Simple Kind to Eyes is fine on me).

The Weleda joins the ever-increasing ranks of eye creams containing rose hip/seed oil: Aubrey Organics, Dr. Hauschka, Trilogy, and the more expensive Darphin. And there is always the option of mixing in some straight-up rose hip oil with your regular eye cream, or applying it beforehand as a serum.

No miracle results to report, and I found - like with the Trilogy - initial results were good but it needed reapplication during the day. While the texture is lightweight, it's too rich to use in a thicker layer (will just sit there, then dry, then flake off). On the other hand, no irritation, so no disaster either. There are other "less green" eye creams I've preferred (still, by companies that don't test in animals, and use at least some plant ingredients). On the "green" front: Beauty Without Cruelty, Aubrey's Organics, Kiss My Face, Zia, and AnneMarie Borlind make the best light-but-moist eye creams I've tested so far - with results closest to the "less green" ones.

Cheap in Europe (GBP 9.00 / EUR 14.00), probably more in USD. Definitely the cheapest rosehip oil eye cream on the market here, though.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), peach (Prunus persica) oil, sweet almond (Prunus amygdalus dulcis) oil, alcohol, jojoba (Buxus chinensis) seed oil, hydrolyzed beeswax, Rosa moschata seed oil, avocado (Persea gratissima) fruit oil unsaponifiables, glyceryl stearate SE, orpine (Sedum purpureum) extract, Euphrasia officinalis extract, xanthan gum, sodium beeswax, olive (Olea europaea) fruit oil unsaponifiables. continued >>

This cream did not moisturize my eye countour area at all! I'm only 25 so I don't need a lot of help from eye creams but it was not enough even for me. I am quite disappointed with it. I love the tube (hate how most all eye creams come in jars) and the price but it really is much too light for me. I ended up throwing it away and I am still looking for a good eye cream.

on 3/13/2012 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

i got a huge box of about 50 small samples of this eye treatment at work last summer. i didn't use it much but when i did it really didn't do anything, it even felt a little irritating. since my eye area got really dry and flaky over the winter and my dark circles (which are naturally already pretty strong) became even worse i decided to give it another try! it made my eye water and itch, my undereye circles were not only dark now but also red and my eyes were stinging even the next morning after applying it. the burning in my eyes made me feel really exhausted and tired throughout the whole day. ughh... another eye cream which i'm allergic to. i guess i have to keep on searching for the right cream to hydrate my very sensitive and dry eye area while diminishing my dark circles.

on 5/16/2010 4:16:00 AM

This is a good quality eye cream, which is great for sensitive skin like mine. I am allergic to loads of products and this did not irritate my eye area at all.
The size of the tube is the average size of eye creams, and it is CHEAP!
As many of the previous reviewers ponted out, it is difficult to get it sink in - if you use too much, it will just sit on your skin and flake off eventually. I apply it in two layers, tiny amounts at the time and pat the product in. I never had flakings this way.
I use this for the night as I find it too rich (under my makeup I use Mac's fast response eye cream which does an amazing job with the caffeine).
I consider this rather a treatment not an eye cream and I would not use it in the morning.
Will probably repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Nice simple light eye cream. It softens any lines and makes my eye area look healthier. Doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and I can wear mascara without getting panda eyes. I really like the little metal tube too.

This is by far the worst eye cream I've ever used. It made my eye area look wrinkled. When we were kids and in plays playing older people, we used to put something on our faces (egg whites?) to make our skin look wrinkled and old. This is exactly what this cream does to my eye area. Bags, crinkles, creases, wrinkles: if you want them, use this cream. I returned it after using just a couple of times.

on 4/30/2007 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Nothing to rave about. Didn't bother my (very) sensitive eyes, but didn't do much for them either. Bit the bullet and am back to Shiseido's Benefiance, and still thrilled with it.