Weleda Wild Rose Intensive Eye Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43
Weleda Wild Rose Intensive Eye Cream

2.3

Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Rosa Moschata (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sedum Purpureum (Orpine) Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil Unsaponisables.

Minus: not moisturing, accentuated my wrinkles, high cost (26 Euros in Greece)
Plus: it does not irritate my very sensitive eye area
Wouldn't repurchase

This is by far the worst eye cream I've ever used. It made my eye area look wrinkled. When we were kids and in plays playing older people, we used to put something on our faces (egg whites?) to make our skin look wrinkled and old. This is exactly what this cream does to my eye area. Bags, crinkles, creases, wrinkles: if you want them, use this cream. I returned it after using just a couple of times.

on 2/20/2007 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the reviews of this product, I was anxious to try it and ordered it from Baldwins in the UK, to be shipped to me here in the USA. Once I received it and used it, I was SO DISSAPOINTED in the results! It felt great on my skin, but oh my god, it ACCENTUATED every wrinkle under my eyes! I have never had this happen to me before with an eye cream, so I am totally shocked by this, and am really surprised no one else who used this cream mentions this -can I really be the only one who noticed this? After reading all the ingredients, the only ingredient I trace to possibley causing this is the beeswax they use, because oils fill in wrinkles, but the beeswax must be what is causing all my eye wrinkles to show up and look so exagerated, by settling inside them instead of smoothing them over like a cream or oil would do. Lastly, my eyes started getting watery after a few hours wear, so I no longer use this eye cream. I guess I'm going back to my "Holy Grail eye cream", Lancome's Progres. Progres is so rich and oily I was hoping to find something lighter for daytime use, but this Weleda Wild Rose eye cream is definitely not it. =(

I am an eye cream fanatic and I have tried so many. Recently I discovered Weleda products, specifically skinfood and the face balm, which are both quite amazing and shockingly inexpensive at around $12 each. After reading reviews here for the eye cream I had to try it. I learned that it is impossible to find this in the U.S. so I ordered it off a UK website.(to anyone who cares it was www.baldwins.co.uk. These people have the best CS out there. It got to me in 4 days. They initially sent me the wrong item which costs three times as much and after I notified them they not only sent me the correct item in 4 days, they told me to keep the pricey one as well!) This cream comes in a metal tube and that is basically the only thing wrong with it. I hate metal tubes, they always crack on me and do not hold up well. Other than that small complaint, this is quite a wonderful cream. At first I thought it was terrible. It seemed watery and I am used to a thick cream since I need a lot of moisture. As I put it on, I felt like it wasn't doing a thing. I let it soak in and wow!! My eyes are perfectly moisturized but not at all greasy, there is no strange odor, it is so gentle and it leaves my eye area feeling really soothed in a perfect way. I am 41 and I usually get nothing out of lighter creams or gels. This seems like a watery lotion going on but whatever is in it really does a wonderful job of providing enough mositure to my over 40 eyes. I usually like shisiedo benefiance, Cle De Peau balm, Lierac coherence and Annick Goutals creme splendide eye cream. That should tell you what my preferences are. The price was great too. It cost me about $20 all told, including the shipping which was very reasonable. I will definitely be rebuying this, I hope it becomes available in this country soon but if it doesn't I completely trust G Baldwin &Co to keep me stocked in it!