NYX Powder Blush (ALL)

NYX Powder Blush (ALL)

4.2

Magnesium Stearate, Talc, Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Octyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Silica, Lanoline Oil, Squalane, BHA, Propylparaben, Iron Oxide.

on 6/26/2016 1:09:00 AM

i got this blusher in the shade "terra cotta". my HG blush atm, nothing has topped this blush so far!

i am an NC35 in MAC pro longwear foundation, so this colour gave me a very bronzey, summer glow. this colour fits the bill for me.

pros:
+ pigmented
+ easy to apply and blend
+ great for summer glow look
+ looks acceptable for everyday wear / glow as well
+ longevity is good as well
+ buildable coverage
+ great colour for bronzey eyeshadow looks as well

cons:
- maybe the price (i live outside of US and paid $15 for the blush)
- i wish it came with a mirror (this is my preference though)

this blush lasted on me about 10-12 hours IF you choose to set it with your own setting spray, and it won't budge. the colour still can be seen after a long day before removing my makeup. i'm quite impressed overall. i have been using it for everyday looks as well as the colour fits perfectly on my skin tone. you can even use it as an eyeshadow, this is a great staple for people who love wearing neutrals.

my only complaint probably is that i wish it came with a mirror? not that i don't have one, but i wish it came with it so that i don't have to do that extra job of reaching for my vanity mirror when i apply blush. even though coverage is buildable, i think if you apply more than 2 layers it'd look shimmery and doesn't look "natural".

overall rating i'd give it an 8.5/10, am quite pleased with the results. i have not tried other shades from this range so i can't compare, but i would definitely repurchase this exact shade once i run out.

hope this helps! :)

on 6/24/2016 7:02:00 PM

These blushes are very pigmented! However these blushes can be very hard to blend. Some colors can appear chalky but I love how pigmented these are and the color selection is amazing. And for just 4.99 you have nothing to lose :) my favorite color would be Rose Garden!

To Read all 107 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not pleased with any of the textures of this blush. Some are just too chalky, powdery, or shimmer is borderline frost. Lasting power is poor and wear on the skin is not the most flattering. Not only on myself but others I know who like this blush, I have to say it does not look nice on the skin.
To me these are just cheap and gross.

on 12/23/2015 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love most of NYX products and this is one that is an absolute favorite. As of the end of 2015, they have 24 colors to choose from. I have been using this powder for years and love the texture, ease of applying and blending, and the staying power it has. While I wish all of them were matte, some do have a sparkle to them. But it is subtle and not enough to deter me from using them.
My one complaint about buying NYX is you can only see all of their products online. Some of the colors on the website are way off. I would check swatches online and see how the colors look before purchasing them online. Ulta carries a few of their products but none has the full sets of all their shades.

on 8/20/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't get the hype of this product. I have one in dusty rose

PROS:
Highly pigmented
Affordable

CONS:
Hard to blend
Emphasizes facial hair, even if you don't have much
Makes your skin look DRY

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am a self professed makeup hoarder! I bought one of these blushes as a hope it would be a Nars orgasm dupe, I was wrong. Then, I bought another one hoping it would be a dupe for TheBalm hot mama. Wrong again.. In spite of how much I dislike these blushes, I can't get rid of them. I love the tiny little compact these come in, and love the color variety. I really wish these blended out easier, and stayed all day. My Wet N' Wild blush in pearlescent pink is better than these! Nyx has enough sponsored reviews, you know they are making money; In my opinion, these could be so much better! Highly disappointed, because I love Nyx makeup.

I have two different colours: Apricot (a light pink with specks of glitter) and Cinnamon (a dark orangey red). I love using Apricot but the colour payoff isn't high (even though I have very fair skin), Cinnamon on the other hand has high colour payoff. I have to be very lighthanded with Cinnamon and think it is better suited for darker skin tones.

The price isn't high for these but they seem to be very hit and miss. Worth trying some in your favourite colours but not depending on these for your entire collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not very pigmented, but the payoff is good after a little build up. Long lasting and a wide variety of colours.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

of the powder blushes i've tried, all of them have great pigmentation and blend easily. not much else to say about blush... there a number of color choices to accommodate many different skin tones. i LOVE the color cinnamon for women of color(including myself). looks fantastic on any shade of brown skin, especially for the summer

on 2/11/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really great blush. I have it in the shade bourgeois pig, which is a medium-dark matte pink with cool undertones. The formula is great too because it isn't so soft that it crumbles everywhere and it is smooth and easy to blend. The pigment is good but I wish it was a little more pigmented, although it makes it buildable so this isn't a problem for me. Also, the powder is just a teensy bit hard so it is just a smidge hard to get onto the brush. The other small problem I have is that the packaging is kind of cheap and flimsy feeling. I feel like if I dropped it the plastic would break. But all in all, awesome blush.

Popular Blush Products