Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

3.8

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients Zinc oxide 5.1% Ingredients Organic cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, organic olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, organic beeswax, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, organic mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, polyhydroxystearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, extract of calendula officinalis flower and echinacea purpurea. May Contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. 6/30/09

I don't have any tinted lip balms in my collection, so I thought I'd give this a try. This isn't something I find myself wanting to use every day since the color seems to be a bit too much for my fair skin tone. But if I apply a regular lip balm first then just lightly apply the terratint afterwards and blend in, it makes for a lovely pop of color. =] The tingly sensation is a nice afterthought and of course the little bit of spf protection is nice as well. As for moisturizing..I would say this just doesn't cut it. The product by itself made my lips so uncomfortably dry and cracked, worse then if I wore nothing at all. =/ Even with applying lip balm for this, any moisture from prior lip balm almost feels like it's being suck out of my lips. So I don't think I'd repurchase again after using up this tube. The tint of color is nice, but lip stick can do the same thing, just wish it was a good moisturizing lip balm.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this at HEB yesterday. I had been wanting to try a tinted balm, because lipsticks have been drying my lips lately, but I really prefer to have some color on them. So, I picked this up, put it on in the car on the way home, and was immediately impressed with it. It imparts that lovely my-lips-only-better color, moisturizes, and has staying power. I don't like the texture of the stick (lots of little lumps), but that really isn't enough for me to knock off a lippie.

on 11/16/2009 1:10:00 PM

I am very happy with this stuff. I wanted a tinted lipbalm rather than a lipgloss or lipstick for everyday use. Something that adds a little color but still looks natural. This is just that. It is a very pretty red-brown-pinkish color that gives a nice and natural finish to my look during the day. This is the only color I like by the way, but it's perfect so I don't need more. It has a minty smell and feels cool when you apply. I'm not necessarily a fan of that but I don't mind it either. It is moisturizing but during winter I feel it is not always moisturizing enough for my uber-dry lips so sometimes I apply a normal lipbalm first before applying this. That works fine. Also, if I want a bit more color just another swipe will do that. In short, I'm really happy with this stuff.

on 7/6/2009 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! The color choice is great for my pale skin, it is moisturizing and it stays put on the lips for a long time. For the price, you can't beat this if you want a natural product. Wonderful find!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I first discovered this inexpensive lip balm last winter, when I was looking for something slightly more tinted than a LipSmackers that would also heal my dry, chapped lips. Eight months later, I'm on my 4th tube, and I LOVE it! It's my "your lips but better" HG shade, and I've worn practically nothing else on my lips since I first found it.
"Blaze" is a shimmery berry color in it's chapstick-like tube, but on (on me, at least), the shimmer is not quite so noticeable, the color appears more reddish and is nice and sheer, not heavy or overly lipstick-like. It looks nice by itself and compliments lighter makeup, and it has a fresh peppermint scent and no real flavor to speak of. It moisturizes and heals chapped lips very nicely, and another thing I've noticed is that I haven't gotten a cold sore on my lips since I started using this. Whether the lip balm has anything to do with that or not is beyond me, but this is one of my all-time, very favorite, cannot-live-without-it products, and there are VERY FEW of those!

Top Rated Lip Treatments