Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

3.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients Zinc oxide 5.1% Ingredients Organic cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, organic olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, organic beeswax, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, organic mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, polyhydroxystearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, extract of calendula officinalis flower and echinacea purpurea. May Contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. 6/30/09

I don't have any tinted lip balms in my collection, so I thought I'd give this a try. This isn't something I find myself wanting to use every day since the color seems to be a bit too much for my fair skin tone. But if I apply a regular lip balm first then just lightly apply the terratint afterwards and blend in, it makes for a lovely pop of color. =] The tingly sensation is a nice afterthought and of course the little bit of spf protection is nice as well. As for moisturizing..I would say this just doesn't cut it. The product by itself made my lips so uncomfortably dry and cracked, worse then if I wore nothing at all. =/ Even with applying lip balm for this, any moisture from prior lip balm almost feels like it's being suck out of my lips. So I don't think I'd repurchase again after using up this tube. The tint of color is nice, but lip stick can do the same thing, just wish it was a good moisturizing lip balm.

on 11/16/2009 1:10:00 PM

I am very happy with this stuff. I wanted a tinted lipbalm rather than a lipgloss or lipstick for everyday use. Something that adds a little color but still looks natural. This is just that. It is a very pretty red-brown-pinkish color that gives a nice and natural finish to my look during the day. This is the only color I like by the way, but it's perfect so I don't need more. It has a minty smell and feels cool when you apply. I'm not necessarily a fan of that but I don't mind it either. It is moisturizing but during winter I feel it is not always moisturizing enough for my uber-dry lips so sometimes I apply a normal lipbalm first before applying this. That works fine. Also, if I want a bit more color just another swipe will do that. In short, I'm really happy with this stuff.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Although I first used this product about seven years ago, I had completely forgotten about it until today. I saw a display of these balms at CVS, so I decided to pick up Blaze. It's almost exactly like I remembered! It's a nice shimmery reddish lip balm with a minty smell. The texture is fairly creamy, and the color isn't too over the top. I like the fact that it contains spf 8, so it's a good everyday product. The only issue some may have is that the color gets a bit streaky if you apply it with a heavy hand. Then again for $4, it's a fairly good product.

on 2/21/2006 8:28:00 PM

I like Terra Tints, but Blaze is too opaque for my taste. I love the tingly feeling on my lips and it moistruizes quite well.

Top Rated Lip Treatments