Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

3.7

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients Zinc oxide 5.1% Ingredients Organic cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, organic olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, organic beeswax, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, organic mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, polyhydroxystearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, extract of calendula officinalis flower and echinacea purpurea. May Contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. 6/30/09

on 10/17/2012 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up on a whim when I saw it on clearance at a grocery store, and I quite like it. Blaze is a sheer, shimmery warm berry red. It offers some mineral sun protection, moisturizes my lips, and adds a bit of color. Because of the sheerness, the color is easy to wear, though I wish it was a bit less shimmery. Overall, though, I'm glad I bought it.
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 5.1%. Other Ingredients: Coconut Oil*, Olive Fruit Oil*, Candelilla Wax, Beeswax*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Peppermint Oil*, Castor Seed Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Iron Oxides, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Limonene*, Linalool*.
*Certified Organic Ingredient continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this at HEB yesterday. I had been wanting to try a tinted balm, because lipsticks have been drying my lips lately, but I really prefer to have some color on them. So, I picked this up, put it on in the car on the way home, and was immediately impressed with it. It imparts that lovely my-lips-only-better color, moisturizes, and has staying power. I don't like the texture of the stick (lots of little lumps), but that really isn't enough for me to knock off a lippie.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Love this balm for its natural ingredients list and the soft red look it gives to my lips. I'm a bit afraid of red, so I often try red lips through balms and stains as opposed to lipsticks. This one is a bit creamier and more lipstick-like than Korres Wild Rose lip balm (which looks more like a stain). It's also a tad more moisturizing. It gives my lips a nice subtle red-rosey flush though, which I like on occasion. The mint flavor isn't overwhelming, though it may cause sensitivity issues for some. My only complaint is that sometimes it feels a bit dry on my lips, particularly during winter. That's easily solved by layering over another clear balm. Overall thumbs up for this product.

on 4/19/2009 7:08:00 AM

I dont like this lipbalm. The color is pretty, but it migrates outside my lips too easily. As a balm it is just ok, nothing special. I love tinted lipbalms, but to me this one just wasnt good enough.

on 4/21/2006 4:55:00 PM

This actually pretty pigmented for a balm and two layers gives me bright red lips. A little sheerer and I get a nice, straightforward, warm red with no shimmer. There's a minty tingle and no taste. The balm feels slick, is not particularly moisturizing (I layer a real balm beneath it since I consider this more of a cosmetic) and is pretty inexpensive. I like Blaze as an alternative to my Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in "Nutmeg" since the latter is more orangey and shimmery and will probably repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's such a shame they don't make this in a more understated color for my PPP complexion as I love the idea of combining lipcolor and sunprotection at such low costs.
Blaze is a vibrant cherry red that is just a bit much for everyday. I don't care for the minty taste and since the colors are not for me I won't repurchase, but it could work for others.

Top Rated Lip Treatments