Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients Zinc oxide 5.1% Ingredients Organic cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, organic olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, organic beeswax, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, organic mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, polyhydroxystearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, extract of calendula officinalis flower and echinacea purpurea. May Contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. 6/30/09

on 10/17/2012 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up on a whim when I saw it on clearance at a grocery store, and I quite like it. Blaze is a sheer, shimmery warm berry red. It offers some mineral sun protection, moisturizes my lips, and adds a bit of color. Because of the sheerness, the color is easy to wear, though I wish it was a bit less shimmery. Overall, though, I'm glad I bought it.
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 5.1%. Other Ingredients: Coconut Oil*, Olive Fruit Oil*, Candelilla Wax, Beeswax*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Peppermint Oil*, Castor Seed Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Iron Oxides, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Limonene*, Linalool*.
*Certified Organic Ingredient continued >>

I don't have any tinted lip balms in my collection, so I thought I'd give this a try. This isn't something I find myself wanting to use every day since the color seems to be a bit too much for my fair skin tone. But if I apply a regular lip balm first then just lightly apply the terratint afterwards and blend in, it makes for a lovely pop of color. =] The tingly sensation is a nice afterthought and of course the little bit of spf protection is nice as well. As for moisturizing..I would say this just doesn't cut it. The product by itself made my lips so uncomfortably dry and cracked, worse then if I wore nothing at all. =/ Even with applying lip balm for this, any moisture from prior lip balm almost feels like it's being suck out of my lips. So I don't think I'd repurchase again after using up this tube. The tint of color is nice, but lip stick can do the same thing, just wish it was a good moisturizing lip balm.

on 2/1/2010 10:57:00 AM

Iíve got a new love Ė organic lip tints. Applies and feels like lip balms (you donít need mirror), and add colour for a fresher look, but not make-uped like lipstick. Even easier to apply than lip-gloss, and wears longer than lip-gloss too, I think, and my hair doesnít stick to my lips as when I wear lip-gloss.
Iíve tried this type + KissMyFace Sheer organic Shimmers and MyChelle Little Kisses, and love this + Sheer organic Shimmers for the fresh minty taste, but this feels even better on as it is softer (but I think Sheer organic Shimmers lasts a little longer because of the dryer consistence Ė but never mind, they are so refreshing to reapply so I do it all the time anyway). And colurwise I prefer Little Kisses because they re richer pigmented with less shimmer than those two.
Love this colour even if I normally like darker colours; itís a bright but natural red-ish colour just dark enough for brighten up my face. I want to try the Garnet too to see if it is a darker plum colour.
And what a wonderful prize on these!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's such a shame they don't make this in a more understated color for my PPP complexion as I love the idea of combining lipcolor and sunprotection at such low costs.
Blaze is a vibrant cherry red that is just a bit much for everyday. I don't care for the minty taste and since the colors are not for me I won't repurchase, but it could work for others.

Top Rated Lip Treatments