Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients Zinc oxide 5.1% Ingredients Organic cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, organic olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, organic beeswax, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, organic mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, polyhydroxystearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, extract of calendula officinalis flower and echinacea purpurea. May Contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. 6/30/09

on 10/17/2012 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up on a whim when I saw it on clearance at a grocery store, and I quite like it. Blaze is a sheer, shimmery warm berry red. It offers some mineral sun protection, moisturizes my lips, and adds a bit of color. Because of the sheerness, the color is easy to wear, though I wish it was a bit less shimmery. Overall, though, I'm glad I bought it.
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 5.1%. Other Ingredients: Coconut Oil*, Olive Fruit Oil*, Candelilla Wax, Beeswax*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Peppermint Oil*, Castor Seed Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Iron Oxides, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Limonene*, Linalool*.
*Certified Organic Ingredient continued >>

I don't have any tinted lip balms in my collection, so I thought I'd give this a try. This isn't something I find myself wanting to use every day since the color seems to be a bit too much for my fair skin tone. But if I apply a regular lip balm first then just lightly apply the terratint afterwards and blend in, it makes for a lovely pop of color. =] The tingly sensation is a nice afterthought and of course the little bit of spf protection is nice as well. As for moisturizing..I would say this just doesn't cut it. The product by itself made my lips so uncomfortably dry and cracked, worse then if I wore nothing at all. =/ Even with applying lip balm for this, any moisture from prior lip balm almost feels like it's being suck out of my lips. So I don't think I'd repurchase again after using up this tube. The tint of color is nice, but lip stick can do the same thing, just wish it was a good moisturizing lip balm.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this at HEB yesterday. I had been wanting to try a tinted balm, because lipsticks have been drying my lips lately, but I really prefer to have some color on them. So, I picked this up, put it on in the car on the way home, and was immediately impressed with it. It imparts that lovely my-lips-only-better color, moisturizes, and has staying power. I don't like the texture of the stick (lots of little lumps), but that really isn't enough for me to knock off a lippie.

on 2/1/2010 10:57:00 AM

Iíve got a new love Ė organic lip tints. Applies and feels like lip balms (you donít need mirror), and add colour for a fresher look, but not make-uped like lipstick. Even easier to apply than lip-gloss, and wears longer than lip-gloss too, I think, and my hair doesnít stick to my lips as when I wear lip-gloss.
Iíve tried this type + KissMyFace Sheer organic Shimmers and MyChelle Little Kisses, and love this + Sheer organic Shimmers for the fresh minty taste, but this feels even better on as it is softer (but I think Sheer organic Shimmers lasts a little longer because of the dryer consistence Ė but never mind, they are so refreshing to reapply so I do it all the time anyway). And colurwise I prefer Little Kisses because they re richer pigmented with less shimmer than those two.
Love this colour even if I normally like darker colours; itís a bright but natural red-ish colour just dark enough for brighten up my face. I want to try the Garnet too to see if it is a darker plum colour.
And what a wonderful prize on these!

on 11/16/2009 1:10:00 PM

I am very happy with this stuff. I wanted a tinted lipbalm rather than a lipgloss or lipstick for everyday use. Something that adds a little color but still looks natural. This is just that. It is a very pretty red-brown-pinkish color that gives a nice and natural finish to my look during the day. This is the only color I like by the way, but it's perfect so I don't need more. It has a minty smell and feels cool when you apply. I'm not necessarily a fan of that but I don't mind it either. It is moisturizing but during winter I feel it is not always moisturizing enough for my uber-dry lips so sometimes I apply a normal lipbalm first before applying this. That works fine. Also, if I want a bit more color just another swipe will do that. In short, I'm really happy with this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product has been reformulated-- a few years ago I bought it and it had SPF 18, and now it has "non-chemical sunscreen" (zinc oxide) and SPF 8. The new ingredient seems to have given the product a different texture; it's much more waxy and opaque. I actually like that, because I can achieve anything from a sheer tint (one swipe) to a lipstick-like opacity (several swipes).

Blaze is the only color in the lineup I like: a pretty rosy-mauvey-pearly red with duochrome shimmer that's a lot like MAC's New York Apple. A very '80s color, in a good way. The peppermint tingle is mild and disappears quickly, not like Burt's Bees! Overall, this is a good value for $4. I like it as well as BB's lip shimmers, which contain half the amount at a higher price and don't have sunscreen. It can be a bit hard to apply the Terra Tint evenly, though, as it's a wide chapstick-like design rather than a slimline tube. Minor gripe, 1 lippie off for that.

i love this balm, but i hate this particular color on me. it's a semi-sheer wash of shimmery orangey-red. the balm is thin, smooth and moist with a pepperminty taste and smell. it also provides spf18 protection. would probably be lovely on those without a cool complexion. cool PPP skintone, brown hair and eyes.

on 2/20/2006 12:35:00 AM

Great your-lips-but-better shade for pale, cool-toned gals. Minty, SPF 15, and around $4.00US. I've bought many tubes of this in the past and will continue to buy it in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's such a shame they don't make this in a more understated color for my PPP complexion as I love the idea of combining lipcolor and sunprotection at such low costs.
Blaze is a vibrant cherry red that is just a bit much for everyday. I don't care for the minty taste and since the colors are not for me I won't repurchase, but it could work for others.

Top Rated Lip Treatments