Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients Zinc oxide 5.1% Ingredients Organic cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, organic olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, organic beeswax, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, organic mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, polyhydroxystearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, extract of calendula officinalis flower and echinacea purpurea. May Contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. 6/30/09

on 4/21/2006 4:55:00 PM

This actually pretty pigmented for a balm and two layers gives me bright red lips. A little sheerer and I get a nice, straightforward, warm red with no shimmer. There's a minty tingle and no taste. The balm feels slick, is not particularly moisturizing (I layer a real balm beneath it since I consider this more of a cosmetic) and is pretty inexpensive. I like Blaze as an alternative to my Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in "Nutmeg" since the latter is more orangey and shimmery and will probably repurchase.

on 5/24/2010 5:10:00 AM

I really wanted to give this a five because I love the colour and it moisturizes pretty well.
But what I don't like about this is that it's almost like a lipstick and the consistency is quite soft, so it's easy to put on too much and smudge a huge chunk of it onto your lips. And when you put on too much, after a while it looks like you're wearing lip liner.

Though, if you just gently blot the lip balm onto your lips, it looks really nice and a bit more natural.

Because of the colour in this balm, it's really hard to moisturize the corners of my mouth with this without looking like a clown.... so I have to use another non-colour lipbalm for that.

on 2/1/2010 10:57:00 AM

Iíve got a new love Ė organic lip tints. Applies and feels like lip balms (you donít need mirror), and add colour for a fresher look, but not make-uped like lipstick. Even easier to apply than lip-gloss, and wears longer than lip-gloss too, I think, and my hair doesnít stick to my lips as when I wear lip-gloss.
Iíve tried this type + KissMyFace Sheer organic Shimmers and MyChelle Little Kisses, and love this + Sheer organic Shimmers for the fresh minty taste, but this feels even better on as it is softer (but I think Sheer organic Shimmers lasts a little longer because of the dryer consistence Ė but never mind, they are so refreshing to reapply so I do it all the time anyway). And colurwise I prefer Little Kisses because they re richer pigmented with less shimmer than those two.
Love this colour even if I normally like darker colours; itís a bright but natural red-ish colour just dark enough for brighten up my face. I want to try the Garnet too to see if it is a darker plum colour.
And what a wonderful prize on these!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product has been reformulated-- a few years ago I bought it and it had SPF 18, and now it has "non-chemical sunscreen" (zinc oxide) and SPF 8. The new ingredient seems to have given the product a different texture; it's much more waxy and opaque. I actually like that, because I can achieve anything from a sheer tint (one swipe) to a lipstick-like opacity (several swipes).

Blaze is the only color in the lineup I like: a pretty rosy-mauvey-pearly red with duochrome shimmer that's a lot like MAC's New York Apple. A very '80s color, in a good way. The peppermint tingle is mild and disappears quickly, not like Burt's Bees! Overall, this is a good value for $4. I like it as well as BB's lip shimmers, which contain half the amount at a higher price and don't have sunscreen. It can be a bit hard to apply the Terra Tint evenly, though, as it's a wide chapstick-like design rather than a slimline tube. Minor gripe, 1 lippie off for that.

on 10/17/2012 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up on a whim when I saw it on clearance at a grocery store, and I quite like it. Blaze is a sheer, shimmery warm berry red. It offers some mineral sun protection, moisturizes my lips, and adds a bit of color. Because of the sheerness, the color is easy to wear, though I wish it was a bit less shimmery. Overall, though, I'm glad I bought it.
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 5.1%. Other Ingredients: Coconut Oil*, Olive Fruit Oil*, Candelilla Wax, Beeswax*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Peppermint Oil*, Castor Seed Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Iron Oxides, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Limonene*, Linalool*.
*Certified Organic Ingredient continued >>

on 6/17/2011 8:15:00 AM

I came across this product in 2000, in Rapid City, South Dakota, and have been using it ever since, both in the USA, and back home in Australia. I never once had dry or cracked lips during that winter I spent in South Dakota, nor have I since then. I only wear Blaze, it's a great colour, strong and bright enough to be seen but not over-obvious. It's not an all-day colour, has to applied fairly regularly, but that's normal for a lip balm. It works for day or evening. It's practically all I have worn for the last 10+ years and I'm upset that the Australian distributors of Alba products have stopped importing it. Lucky for me I do travel to the USA and so I'll be stocking up on my next trip.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Love this balm for its natural ingredients list and the soft red look it gives to my lips. I'm a bit afraid of red, so I often try red lips through balms and stains as opposed to lipsticks. This one is a bit creamier and more lipstick-like than Korres Wild Rose lip balm (which looks more like a stain). It's also a tad more moisturizing. It gives my lips a nice subtle red-rosey flush though, which I like on occasion. The mint flavor isn't overwhelming, though it may cause sensitivity issues for some. My only complaint is that sometimes it feels a bit dry on my lips, particularly during winter. That's easily solved by layering over another clear balm. Overall thumbs up for this product.

i love this balm, but i hate this particular color on me. it's a semi-sheer wash of shimmery orangey-red. the balm is thin, smooth and moist with a pepperminty taste and smell. it also provides spf18 protection. would probably be lovely on those without a cool complexion. cool PPP skintone, brown hair and eyes.

on 2/20/2006 12:35:00 AM

Great your-lips-but-better shade for pale, cool-toned gals. Minty, SPF 15, and around $4.00US. I've bought many tubes of this in the past and will continue to buy it in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's such a shame they don't make this in a more understated color for my PPP complexion as I love the idea of combining lipcolor and sunprotection at such low costs.
Blaze is a vibrant cherry red that is just a bit much for everyday. I don't care for the minty taste and since the colors are not for me I won't repurchase, but it could work for others.

Top Rated Lip Treatments