Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients Zinc oxide 5.1% Ingredients Organic cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, organic olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, organic beeswax, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, organic mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, polyhydroxystearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, extract of calendula officinalis flower and echinacea purpurea. May Contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. 6/30/09

on 12/5/2004 12:57:00 PM

This was one of the few purchases I've made without consulting MUA first, but fortunately it was a success! I'm not sure how it would work for seriously chapped lips, but it works well for me and the color is great. Applies well without a mirror. Blaze is a pretty mulberry color, and I'd love to try the rest. At $2.00 a pop, no one will be breaking the bank.

on 1/4/2005 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The consistency of the Terra Tints is intially slightly waxy, dry, and gritty. However, after a few uses, the texture seems to improve greatly and becomes smooth. I found that Terra Tints do not provide my lips with sufficient moisture. I apply Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm to my lips before apply Terra Tints, which provides moisture to my lips, smoothes the texture of the Terra Tints, and, makes my lips appear glossy, smooth, and slightly plump. The peppermint scent of Terra Tints is not offensive, and fades after a few minutes. Once applied to my lips, Blze appears to be a deep berry shade, which complements my skin tone. *Update* I am still loving Terra Tints, but I've noticed that the texture of the products improves greatly after extended use. I no longer need to apply a lip balm to my lips before applying Terra Tints.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's such a shame they don't make this in a more understated color for my PPP complexion as I love the idea of combining lipcolor and sunprotection at such low costs.
Blaze is a vibrant cherry red that is just a bit much for everyday. I don't care for the minty taste and since the colors are not for me I won't repurchase, but it could work for others.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I first discovered this inexpensive lip balm last winter, when I was looking for something slightly more tinted than a LipSmackers that would also heal my dry, chapped lips. Eight months later, I'm on my 4th tube, and I LOVE it! It's my "your lips but better" HG shade, and I've worn practically nothing else on my lips since I first found it.
"Blaze" is a shimmery berry color in it's chapstick-like tube, but on (on me, at least), the shimmer is not quite so noticeable, the color appears more reddish and is nice and sheer, not heavy or overly lipstick-like. It looks nice by itself and compliments lighter makeup, and it has a fresh peppermint scent and no real flavor to speak of. It moisturizes and heals chapped lips very nicely, and another thing I've noticed is that I haven't gotten a cold sore on my lips since I started using this. Whether the lip balm has anything to do with that or not is beyond me, but this is one of my all-time, very favorite, cannot-live-without-it products, and there are VERY FEW of those!

on 2/20/2006 12:35:00 AM

Great your-lips-but-better shade for pale, cool-toned gals. Minty, SPF 15, and around $4.00US. I've bought many tubes of this in the past and will continue to buy it in the future.

on 2/21/2006 8:28:00 PM

I like Terra Tints, but Blaze is too opaque for my taste. I love the tingly feeling on my lips and it moistruizes quite well.

on 4/21/2006 4:55:00 PM

This actually pretty pigmented for a balm and two layers gives me bright red lips. A little sheerer and I get a nice, straightforward, warm red with no shimmer. There's a minty tingle and no taste. The balm feels slick, is not particularly moisturizing (I layer a real balm beneath it since I consider this more of a cosmetic) and is pretty inexpensive. I like Blaze as an alternative to my Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in "Nutmeg" since the latter is more orangey and shimmery and will probably repurchase.

i love this balm, but i hate this particular color on me. it's a semi-sheer wash of shimmery orangey-red. the balm is thin, smooth and moist with a pepperminty taste and smell. it also provides spf18 protection. would probably be lovely on those without a cool complexion. cool PPP skintone, brown hair and eyes.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Although I first used this product about seven years ago, I had completely forgotten about it until today. I saw a display of these balms at CVS, so I decided to pick up Blaze. It's almost exactly like I remembered! It's a nice shimmery reddish lip balm with a minty smell. The texture is fairly creamy, and the color isn't too over the top. I like the fact that it contains spf 8, so it's a good everyday product. The only issue some may have is that the color gets a bit streaky if you apply it with a heavy hand. Then again for $4, it's a fairly good product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product has been reformulated-- a few years ago I bought it and it had SPF 18, and now it has "non-chemical sunscreen" (zinc oxide) and SPF 8. The new ingredient seems to have given the product a different texture; it's much more waxy and opaque. I actually like that, because I can achieve anything from a sheer tint (one swipe) to a lipstick-like opacity (several swipes).

Blaze is the only color in the lineup I like: a pretty rosy-mauvey-pearly red with duochrome shimmer that's a lot like MAC's New York Apple. A very '80s color, in a good way. The peppermint tingle is mild and disappears quickly, not like Burt's Bees! Overall, this is a good value for $4. I like it as well as BB's lip shimmers, which contain half the amount at a higher price and don't have sunscreen. It can be a bit hard to apply the Terra Tint evenly, though, as it's a wide chapstick-like design rather than a slimline tube. Minor gripe, 1 lippie off for that.