Alba Botanica Terra Tints - Blaze SPF18

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients Zinc oxide 5.1% Ingredients Organic cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, organic olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, organic beeswax, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, organic mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, polyhydroxystearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, extract of calendula officinalis flower and echinacea purpurea. May Contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. 6/30/09

on 7/6/2009 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! The color choice is great for my pale skin, it is moisturizing and it stays put on the lips for a long time. For the price, you can't beat this if you want a natural product. Wonderful find!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product has been reformulated-- a few years ago I bought it and it had SPF 18, and now it has "non-chemical sunscreen" (zinc oxide) and SPF 8. The new ingredient seems to have given the product a different texture; it's much more waxy and opaque. I actually like that, because I can achieve anything from a sheer tint (one swipe) to a lipstick-like opacity (several swipes).

Blaze is the only color in the lineup I like: a pretty rosy-mauvey-pearly red with duochrome shimmer that's a lot like MAC's New York Apple. A very '80s color, in a good way. The peppermint tingle is mild and disappears quickly, not like Burt's Bees! Overall, this is a good value for $4. I like it as well as BB's lip shimmers, which contain half the amount at a higher price and don't have sunscreen. It can be a bit hard to apply the Terra Tint evenly, though, as it's a wide chapstick-like design rather than a slimline tube. Minor gripe, 1 lippie off for that.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I first discovered this inexpensive lip balm last winter, when I was looking for something slightly more tinted than a LipSmackers that would also heal my dry, chapped lips. Eight months later, I'm on my 4th tube, and I LOVE it! It's my "your lips but better" HG shade, and I've worn practically nothing else on my lips since I first found it.
"Blaze" is a shimmery berry color in it's chapstick-like tube, but on (on me, at least), the shimmer is not quite so noticeable, the color appears more reddish and is nice and sheer, not heavy or overly lipstick-like. It looks nice by itself and compliments lighter makeup, and it has a fresh peppermint scent and no real flavor to speak of. It moisturizes and heals chapped lips very nicely, and another thing I've noticed is that I haven't gotten a cold sore on my lips since I started using this. Whether the lip balm has anything to do with that or not is beyond me, but this is one of my all-time, very favorite, cannot-live-without-it products, and there are VERY FEW of those!

Top Rated Lip Treatments