Lancôme Le Crayon Poudre in Brunet

No Image

4.2

on 7/17/2010 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best eyebrow pencil there is imo! I loved this, matched my brows perfectly & went on like a dream- the powder texture gave a very natural look and I had zero issues with smudging.. Loved it until I had to sharpen it. I know it's supposed to be used with the special Lancome sharpener- but I had a few decent sharpeners already, so I passed. I could not sharpen this, it kept breaking every time. Off to live in my case for the next 6mo. I just purchased the NARS sharpener from Sephora and tried it out- it works! I am happy to report it is now back to being sharp. However, now I have brows from using Careprost, so I won't need it much, but glad it's back anyway :)

This is one of my favorite brow pencils because it stays put while looking natural! Other brow pencils go on either too waxy or they're so "dry" that you have to push hard and go over the same line a million times. This one has the best consistency of all the ones I've tried.
The brush on the other end is also very effective in blending the eyebrow pencil into your natural eyebrows. I would definitely repurchase this pencil again! It's a great investment! Don't hestitate and go try it for yourself!

on 4/14/2008 5:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

As an Asian with fair-medium skin, I have light black eyebrows that make me look younger than I really am. I really need a good eyebrow pencil to set and frame my eyes, especially when I have eye makeup on.

This is the best pencil that I have right now. The consistency and color payoff is great--and the brush is useful for blending. Unfortunately, the price is a little steep for me, and it breaks easily in my experience. I think I will have to find a replacement--something more durable and hopefully cheaper, but this works for me in the meantime.

Le Crayon Poudre is my all-time favourite brow pencil ... I have used this for over a decade and still use this when I am not using a brow powder and brush. I also carry this with me for touch-ups because it is much more convenient than carrying a brow powder and brush. I absolutely adore the smooth powder pencil texture of this product ... it isn't waxy like some brow pencils are and really lasts a long time, even if you have oily skin. When I had tried waxier brow pencils before, it would smear easily when my skin got oily (especially during my teens) ... but this Crayon Poudre really held up ... I often dusted translucent powder over this, and then went over it with a brush and brow powder to soften the look and also for maximum staying power. I also wore the shade "Sable" when my hair was coloured a lighter brown. I highly recommend Le Crayon Poudre for anyone looking for a great brow pencil.

on 12/8/2003 12:36:00 PM

I tried to make it work but the color was totally off. I have dark hair and brows but the brunet looked harsh. However, that said, I love the pencil itself, especially since it's like powder in pencil form, so I'm going to get taupe and write a stellar review!

on 3/7/2003 12:52:00 AM

Good stuff. It's a drier, harder, smoother powder than Body Shop's brow powder pencil so the application is easier and more precise. Worth the $20.50. (Edit: Found Versace brow pencil is MUCH better at $24.). (2005 Edit: Even better...Mac Fling auto brow pencil).