Maybelline Superstay lipcolor

Maybelline Superstay lipcolor
Superstay lipcolor Superstay lipcolor

on 8/18/2017 8:59:00 PM

Very light and smooth. Product goes on sticky and tacky, but color doesn't transfer after two minutes. Feels like lip balm. Not sticky or heavy. I was sent 205 Steady Redy to sample, which is a terrible color for a redhead, but product is soft, light and very nice on the lips with the conditioning balm on. Kiss proof too.

I have this in the color All Day Cherry - a slightly shimmery red.

This took some trial and error for me to find out the best way to use this.

The trick to long wearing lip products like these is to apply a thin layer to bare, dry lips. Don't apply lip balm first. Don't rub lips together, and wait until completely dry before applying the gloss - usually about 2-3 minutes for it to fully dry. Then when you have the gloss on, you can rub your lips together if you want. Then apply the gloss whenever you want throughout the day.

I do find the color comes off after eating but not too terrible. I think I prefer CoverGirl Outlast because I like that you can buy additional gloss separately, and with Maybelline it's one component and it's going to suck when I use up the gloss first.

I just find that these kinda of lip colors don't do well when applied thickly (like when applying lip gloss or something), seems like the thinner the better. And they also don't layer too well in my experience, when I do more than one layer to build up pigment it tends to clump up. The color on this one is a smidge more sheer than I'd prefer but it's not bad.

But, if I apply it like I said above, I do get pretty good wear out of this and CoverGirl Outlast. I completely recommend this over Lipsense, so much cheaper, smells good (like strawberries!) And doesn't burn like Lipsense.

on 7/8/2017 4:09:00 PM

Love the quality, not all the colours are good but there's some choice. Gloss is also nice and easy to use. I don't like bright colors and needed something neutral that stays on your lips the whole day whether you eat, drink, kiss etc. And it does the job perfectly. I use the gloss or random moisturiser a couple of times during the day and my lips stay nourished. Highly recommend!

on 12/11/2016 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This cracks and is sticky and heavy but by god does it stay on. It absolutey tortures your lips to get off and dries them out completely. I'm sure there are better liquid lipsticks that actually look good and don't come off. Packaging is smart and the colour is nice.

on 5/7/2015 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

feels tacky and dry on the lips. flakes off and fades unevenly.

on 11/15/2014 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh my god NO. NO NO NO NO NO. This product is terrible. It's extremely sticky and goopy and just awful. I applied it and it made my lips stick together! Then, the color ended up blotchy and uneven and looked awful. The balm attached to it just made it look worse. I am so disappointed.

on 6/6/2014 2:17:00 PM

I've reached the dreaded "50", which means my lipstick will not stay on my lips. Since I refuse to have my lips injected, it's been a never ending search for a long lasting lipstick. I've been using Revlon ColorStay, which I find to be very gummy. However, I think I've found a replacement with my new discovery of Maybelline SuperStay 24 2-Step Color.

I was surprised to see hardly any reviews and so many people saying this product is discontinued. I found the product everywhere, but the store displays are horrendous. The in-store merchandising is a huge problem, i.e., the names of the colors aren't posted on the store display and the names on the packaging is so small it's impossible to read. I couldn't tell one color from the other...

For my first purchase, I choose "Berry Persistent". My skin coloring is fair with yellow undertones and I have dark brown hair. Typically, I also wear warm colors and steer clear of pinks or wines. This time, I thought I would step out here and look for something that would add a berry stain for those times when I dare to run out w/out makeup.

Well, I got lucky and found my perfect summertime stain. The good news is this color is NOT gummy like Revlon ColorStay. Unlike Revlon, this wand applicator made it easy to apply the color and I was able to degree of product to adjust the color. I also use my pinky finger for long lasting lipsticks for lighter applications ~ I've found it helps to even out the application and it keeps them from getting too gummy. With a single light application, and one coat of gloss, I now have lips that appear as though I just ate summer berries.

The lip gloss smells and tastes wonderful. It has a nice sheen, goes on easily and doesn't spread beyond my lip line. The only con I foresee is I will run out of the gloss before lipcolor. When this happens, I'll use one of my Revlon long lasting glosses and it will suffice. It's been my experience that long lasting lipcolor with shimmer and shine seem to be the gummiest. This color has no shimmer or shine, which could be the reason why its turning out the be the perfect "stain" on my lips. I'm actually quite impressed with my $10 long lasting lipstick...

on 2/4/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

I don't know why people keep saying this is discontinued. Go to Maybelline.com and there it is. Go to any drug store, Walmart or Target, and there it is. It's not discontinued. Maybelline is not crazy -- this is the best longwearing lipstick ever. Apply a thin layer to clean, dry lips, wait 2 minutes, put on the balm, you're done with lipstick for the day! It's a miracle.

If you are desperate to take it off, use an oil -- a little baby oil, coconut oil, olive oil, or cold cream works just fine.

Yes, you will need to reapply the balm to keep it from feeling too dry during the day. But your lipstick will stay on and look beautiful. Hurray, Maybelline, I love you!

I have this product in lots of different colours. I have always found it to be a great product. I have to say that if another reviewer is moisturising their lips beforehand, it will impair the longevity and texture of the product. I have tried putting another lipstick on first, blotting, putting on with lipbrush etc. and it really works best when you follow the advice of clean dry lips, putting it on straight from the wand and not mixing with another lipstick (unless they are both superstay, which does work as it is the same formulation). I prefer the double tube with the lippy and balm in one holder, as if they are in two, which used to be the case (and is the case with Max Factor and Covergirl), you can easily forget to carry the balm with you. I haven't found that it comes open in my bag, but maybe some come off easier than others (you could try keeping it in the plastic tube it comes in, a little 'faffy' but it would get round the problem. Overall, I really like the colour range and the feel of this lipstick, but the only real way to know, would be to try and you therefore have to buy it really as trying it on your hand, will not give a true enough test IMHO.

I absolutely hate having to touch up my lipstick during the day at work. Not sure why some of you find this product "flaky." You might be applying too heavy an application and to the reviewer who used a tissue to blot..............you don't need to do that! You are basically wiping off most of the product. Be patient after applying a thin coat of colour before adding the balm. My only complaint with this product is definitely the packaging. The balm end of the tube does not click into place and stay secure in my make-up bag. When Maybelline first came out with this product, the balm side of the tube was never an issue.
I have tried lots and lots of lipsticks in many brands, where they claim to stay on indefinitely and Maybelline is the only company who's promise of that holds true. I can drink coffee and eat lunch and not have to worry about touch ups all day long. I've wasted a lot of money over the years trying other brands but always come back to Maybelline.