Maybelline Superstay lipcolor

Maybelline Superstay lipcolor
Superstay lipcolor Superstay lipcolor

3.9

on 4/11/2018 5:27:00 AM

I’ve got these in several colors. The wand is short and the comparatively large doe foot applicator pulls out more product than you need, which is a problem if you’re in a rush. I think it is too large for neat application. It is a bit runny, so careful application is needed. I think a lip brush would work better. A very thin first layer, and a thin second layer if needed. It does pull the lips a bit when dry. You’ll also want to apply lip balm throughout the day. I love the balm it comes with but I wish it was in a separate travel friendly size. The balm has a pleasant scent and makes the lips feel soft but does have a slightly thin, greasy texture. I do love this overall because it keeps me away from LipSense, has a slight berry scent that fades quickly and doesn’t burn or flake. Color will fade or get splotchy so a touch up may be needed after eating. The color range is so-so. Many of the shades are so similar and the packaging/color names aren’t reliable indications of what the product actually looks like. The actual color winds up being more of a guess. This is great for everyday use if you’ve got a job where you can’t do regular touch ups or if you tend to forget your makeup after applying. Overall, I’m happy with the product but I don’t think any of these long lasting types can ever replace my fascination with a tube of solid creamy lipstick.

on 4/10/2018 11:46:00 AM

I am a lip liker (sorry if that is TMI). I find that this has staying power and the opposite end has a lip balm. TTY. I did find the the drying time for the stain a bit long.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

this lipcolor is terrible. the colour I picked looked horrible but aside from that it dried my lips to the point where they were peeling. Did stay on all day but very drying.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have to say i really had high hopes for this lipstick. After watching YouTube videos of it i was excited to try it. I chose a beautiful shimmery pink color. It went on very pretty and was easy to apply. After a min or two, i then applied the lip balm. The color dried to a,almost uncomfortable feel. The balm definitely made it feel better. However i noticed the color began to crumble and flake off maybe 30 min after it was applied. I tried to put more on which got a cakey crumbly look. Very disappointing!!!!! I won't be buying again :(

on 8/18/2017 8:59:00 PM

Very light and smooth. Product goes on sticky and tacky, but color doesn't transfer after two minutes. Feels like lip balm. Not sticky or heavy. I was sent 205 Steady Redy to sample, which is a terrible color for a redhead, but product is soft, light and very nice on the lips with the conditioning balm on. Kiss proof too.

I have this in the color All Day Cherry - a slightly shimmery red.

This took some trial and error for me to find out the best way to use this.

The trick to long wearing lip products like these is to apply a thin layer to bare, dry lips. Don't apply lip balm first. Don't rub lips together, and wait until completely dry before applying the gloss - usually about 2-3 minutes for it to fully dry. Then when you have the gloss on, you can rub your lips together if you want. Then apply the gloss whenever you want throughout the day.

I do find the color comes off after eating but not too terrible. I think I prefer CoverGirl Outlast because I like that you can buy additional gloss separately, and with Maybelline it's one component and it's going to suck when I use up the gloss first.

I just find that these kinda of lip colors don't do well when applied thickly (like when applying lip gloss or something), seems like the thinner the better. And they also don't layer too well in my experience, when I do more than one layer to build up pigment it tends to clump up. The color on this one is a smidge more sheer than I'd prefer but it's not bad.

But, if I apply it like I said above, I do get pretty good wear out of this and CoverGirl Outlast. I completely recommend this over Lipsense, so much cheaper, smells good (like strawberries!) And doesn't burn like Lipsense.

on 7/8/2017 4:09:00 PM

Love the quality, not all the colours are good but there's some choice. Gloss is also nice and easy to use. I don't like bright colors and needed something neutral that stays on your lips the whole day whether you eat, drink, kiss etc. And it does the job perfectly. I use the gloss or random moisturiser a couple of times during the day and my lips stay nourished. Highly recommend!

on 12/11/2016 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This cracks and is sticky and heavy but by god does it stay on. It absolutey tortures your lips to get off and dries them out completely. I'm sure there are better liquid lipsticks that actually look good and don't come off. Packaging is smart and the colour is nice.

on 5/7/2015 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

feels tacky and dry on the lips. flakes off and fades unevenly.

on 11/15/2014 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh my god NO. NO NO NO NO NO. This product is terrible. It's extremely sticky and goopy and just awful. I applied it and it made my lips stick together! Then, the color ended up blotchy and uneven and looked awful. The balm attached to it just made it look worse. I am so disappointed.

Popular Lipsticks