Make Up For Ever Powder Foundation

3.2

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I wish I didn't love this stuff cuz it's hella expensive. First, the coverage is out of this world beautiful if you can find the right shade. I've had people ask me if a professional did my make up when I wear this. It's that gosh darn beautiful. Mind you I have very large pores and acne scarred skin -- and it covers absolutely EVERYTHING!!! It's FLAWLESS!! The only thing is first, the price - $34.00 (I think, I'm pretty sure, unless it's gone up) - and that's for 10 grams!!! ) 0.35 oz. That isn't very much product. : ( You might as well go ahead and get Lancome's Duo Finish --- which I'm pretty sure has more and is one of the most beautiful powder foundations I've ever worn - --- But, I digress !!! MUFE's Duo Mat is beautiful, however the packaging does not allow for you to get all of the product out - so you loose what too little product you do get. (I'm really talking myself out of this now)-- but it wears beautifully . It seems to keep oil at bay for awhile and sits so nicely on the skin. It goes on really quick - and your out the door (depending on how detailed you are with your eyes..) I was obsessed with it a few years ago - but since have moved on to liquid foundation since due to the ability to alter with adding luminosity and hue. I love mixing. Give this a try if you normal to combo skin ---- I really think you'll like it -- but definitely go in store and get color matched!!! It's almost impossible to get it correct otherwise. Have fun!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

good coverage and looks good when you put it on. Looks really good in photoshoots when you can touch up with loose powder. I will keep it for my kit but will not use it for myself.
It's too harsh if you are running around on a regular day day. clogged my pores horribly after wearing it for a full day, makes all your makeup melt off your face, and too thick for touchups.

I love Make Up Forever's Mat Velvet liquid foundation, but for summer I like to use a powder foundation, so I gave this one a try.

I've used MAC Studio Fix many times and have been satisfied, but I prefer this powder foundation by MUFE. The sponge applicator helps give full coverage, and the application is smooth and even. I require very minimal touch up during the day - I do not find the coverage cakey or chalky at all. About halfway through the day, I just freshen the coverage by sweeping a powder brush over the hot spots (forehead, nose, chin). I do not need to use additional product.

This is pricey at $34, but I find that it's worth it.

For color comparison - my MAC color is NC20, and I used the lightest ivory MUFE has.

It had an ok coverage but my skin gets oily after a few hours and it looks cakey when you retouch with it. it also feels kinda heavy during the day. and the biggest part that I hate is that it caused me to break out.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I normally use BE loose powder foundation. But I wanted something that would travel better, and not be so messy. I have been using the MUFE on and off for about a year and a half, and I am very happy with it. I recently purchased the MAC kabuki brush to apply this powder, and I am even happier with it now. For touch-ups, I use the sponge in the compact. It covers my rosacea just as well as the BE, and has not caused any breakouts. For comparison, I am MAC NC25, and use the MUFE 101 powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder last week at Sephora because I needed a powder for touch ups during the day ( my skin can get quite oily). So far I have no complaints. It's a semi thick consistancy though, with a fuller coverage, so I don't know how using this as a foundation on its own would work. I like the packaging too, there is a separate compartment for the sponge and it comes in a round black compact that fits in any makeup bag pretty easily. EDIT- I had to return this yesterday because it was just too thick for touch ups. I think it's the fact that it's too dry of a consistancy. I exchanged it for the MUFE pressed powder. $40 is just too expensive for a compact.

at first, this powder foundation gave me excellent coverage and my skin looked absolutely flawless! then about 3-4 hours later i caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and was horrified to find that it looked like i had aged 5 years! my pores look HUGE and my skin looked dull and patchy but not oily. so i quickly reapplied and again my skin looked great! but yet again a couple hours lately my skin looked horrible =T needless to say i'll be sticking wit chanel or shu for powder foundation.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Caused me to get a deep cyctic acne on my forehead, which never breaks out, and black/white heads elsewhere. I was also graced with a terrible a rash all over my face from this powder foundation. On top of all that it has a weird chemical smell to it like the foundation of 30 years ago, a really heavy smell. I could have delt with the smell if it hadn't done this to my face. For the same price you could get a better quality product. $40! for the compact, rediculous!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Well, this might be a good foundation if you can find a shade suitable for your skin. I purchased the lightest shade there is and its still too dark for my MAC NC20 skin tone. I'll stick with my MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation, which has been my HG for years. Back to Sephora this one goes.