Banana Boat Sunless Tanning Mousse in Deep Dark

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.3

I got the kind with the bronzer in it so you can see where you are putting it, and I think it is great. I ended up with a couple of dark spots, but if I would have actually paid a little more attention I am sure that wouldn't have happened. I am fair with golden undertones, but I do get out and get some natural sun before I apply this. As little as I have tanned this year (average 3 times per month and I do out door activities each weekend that allow me to get color) I feel pretty tan. I will say though, you HAVE to keep it away from your nails, or you will be sporting yellow nails for days, but even with that being said, I think it gives great color (no orange or brassy color). It looks great, but I do think it is best applied over a little natural sun.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm reviewing Banana Boat Summer Color foam in Deep Dark. Since I hate baking in the sun or in tanning booths, I have to find some way to avoid looking albino, especially now that warmer weather is here. Now I know I probably shouldn't have grabbed Deep Dark since my skin tone is relatively fair, but whatever...this stuff doesn't turn my skin a fake orange color despite the fact that I'm probably not using the right color for myself, so I'm sure if you buy it according to your skin tone you'll have nothing to worry about. As for the smell, let's face it, all sunless tanners have that distinct smell. It's not that bad though, no worse than anything else I've tried, and I put it on at night and shower in the morning anyways...I probably wouldn't recommend putting this on and then going to the mall or shopping or anything because people can definitely smell when you're wearing it. The foam is easy to spread, just make sure you rub it in thoroughly. I give it 4 stars/lippies only because I hate waiting for it to dry before bedtime (I sit around for about 30-40 mins. naked) but if you can, I'd recommend sitting in front of a room fan and having it blow directly on you to speed up drying time (blow dryers don't work, it seems to only make the stuff feel more damp for whatever reason.) I haven't tried this on my face because I had an incident last year where I used another tanner and it caused me to have a really bad reaction, so I apply it from my feet up to my chin - if you can imagine that, I have a pale face and a really tan body. I'm like a sideshow before I put on bronzer. But anyways, give it a shot you'll like the results.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favorite self-tanners, primarily for ease of use. The lightness of the foam/mousse makes it very easy to apply evenly, without streakiness. The color works for me - I use it on my legs and arms for a little oomph every now and then. I have certainly used stinkier self-tanners, so I was somewhat pleased by the non-lingering scent of this product.