Banana Boat Sunless Tanning Mousse in Deep Dark

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely hated this product. It was the absolute cheapest on the shelf at Walgreens, and that's why I grabbed it. You get what you pay for. Not only does this product have an awful stench, it also tastes like poison. I had never taken 'taste' into consideration when judging a (tanning) product before, but my boyfriend happened to lay his lips upon my neck hours after applying this junk and afterward I tasted it on him. I felt SO BAD for him! It's like licking nail polish remover! Of course, the taste goes away after a shower (which I think is inconvenient.. sunless tanner should not taste like that. Ever. I use Neutrogena's mousse now and I love it. It tastes like absolutely nothing!) but in my opinion, the stench remains. It also dried out my skin terribly. Overall I found this to be the bottom of the barrel as far as sunless tanners go, don't waste your money. Spend that extra two or three dollars for Neutrogena or L'Oreal.

I found this at Dollar Tree- for you guessed it $1.00! Savage Tan is much better- giving you a more brown tone-this is more on the orange side, still it may look better on a darker skin tone. I have fair skin, so this wasn't a good color for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like the end result however, it feels a bit sticky after applicataion. I usually apply this 2 hours before I take a shower, and it looks fine :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was addicted to this until I gave the spray another try. The mousse is fairly easy to apply but I do find the heels and elbows still hard to perfect. Unfortunately it does have that self tanning stench to it and the mousse melts so quickly that it has a tendency to lay and darken in between the fingers. For this price, try the spray.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The scent of this product is absolutely revolting. I cannot possibly wear this out in public because it stinks so badly. The consistency is extremely sticky and feels like it never dries. The good side is that it did give me a natural looking color at a great cheap price. It also did not give me a very dark tan. Since this was my first venture into self tanners, I wont be purchasing this again in hopes of finding a better smelling one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This stuff is okay, but it was very sticky. I've gotten pretty good at application and know when I apply to much, but no matter how little I applied, the BB mousse just never felt like it dried. Also, it did not produce a very deep shade on me. I prefer Neutrogena's foam.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm reviewing Banana Boat Summer Color foam in Deep Dark. Since I hate baking in the sun or in tanning booths, I have to find some way to avoid looking albino, especially now that warmer weather is here. Now I know I probably shouldn't have grabbed Deep Dark since my skin tone is relatively fair, but whatever...this stuff doesn't turn my skin a fake orange color despite the fact that I'm probably not using the right color for myself, so I'm sure if you buy it according to your skin tone you'll have nothing to worry about. As for the smell, let's face it, all sunless tanners have that distinct smell. It's not that bad though, no worse than anything else I've tried, and I put it on at night and shower in the morning anyways...I probably wouldn't recommend putting this on and then going to the mall or shopping or anything because people can definitely smell when you're wearing it. The foam is easy to spread, just make sure you rub it in thoroughly. I give it 4 stars/lippies only because I hate waiting for it to dry before bedtime (I sit around for about 30-40 mins. naked) but if you can, I'd recommend sitting in front of a room fan and having it blow directly on you to speed up drying time (blow dryers don't work, it seems to only make the stuff feel more damp for whatever reason.) I haven't tried this on my face because I had an incident last year where I used another tanner and it caused me to have a really bad reaction, so I apply it from my feet up to my chin - if you can imagine that, I have a pale face and a really tan body. I'm like a sideshow before I put on bronzer. But anyways, give it a shot you'll like the results.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favorite self-tanners, primarily for ease of use. The lightness of the foam/mousse makes it very easy to apply evenly, without streakiness. The color works for me - I use it on my legs and arms for a little oomph every now and then. I have certainly used stinkier self-tanners, so I was somewhat pleased by the non-lingering scent of this product.

Definitely one of the best inexpensive self tanners around, and love the mousse formula! I alternate between Light/Medium in the Winter and Deep Dark in the summer and have to say it works really well on me, both shades blend in well and the price is right.

It's good for olive-tones. The result is sort of a yellowish finish (rather then orange like most others) Not the best tanner out their, but deffinately the cheapest that works pretty good.