Guerlain Les Voilettes Loose Powder

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I couldn't resist to Guerlain's marketing skills, this is the truth. The product is very good, I has sheer coverage but sets well my foundation. The smell is great for me (some people may prefer fragrance free though). On the con side, it's the packaging. It's too bulky.

on 9/8/2015 12:09:00 PM

I pair this with Guerlain Baby Glow and both work perfectly in sync, the only complaint is that, the bulky packaging.

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/11/2015 4:01:00 AM

I really like this powder, because it's blended well in my skin.. I have very oily skin, so to find a product that will last longer in my skin really challenging.. I used it for setting powder, and it really help setting my makeup to last longer than usual, and also doesn't cakey in my face although i buff 2 or 3 times..
The packaging is big, so is not practice to bring when travelling.. So, i planning to buy the pressed one..
The puff not too soft, but it help make the powder stay in place, so when i used it doesn't too messy.. I used it using powder brush and buff all over my face.. It instantly make my face matte but not flat either..
Really love it..

on 11/5/2014 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I live in the tropics; have combo and sensitive skin.

I use "Les Voilettes #2 Clair".

A. Sheerness?
First, the powder is sheer. Whether you have it in "#2 Clair" or not, "Les Voilettes" is basically a transparent type of powder. It still leaves me a bit of radiance, which makes my skin look natural rather than cakey.

B. Truly Matte?
But from there, it can have positive and negative outcomes:
- positive: if I use the powder after makeup bases, it will be all right.
- negative: if I use the powder without makeup bases (for example: after sunscreen), which is how I do my face every day, it will leave my skin oilier than normal after 1-2 hours.

C. Sensitive Skin?
Even though Guerlain is heavily scented, my skin does not react to this powder.

D. Packaging?
And due to the jumbo packaging, this powder stays at home.

E. Will repurchase?
No. I don't use makeup bases on daily basis, so choosing this powder means extra face oil for me. The scent is very very pleasant, but I'm more afraid of long-term effect on my skin caused by the perfume.

on 7/14/2013 9:54:00 AM

I use Les Voilettes to set my foundation. I find that it works well with other brands of foundation too. It helps to achieve a radiant yet matt look but I do have to retouch after a couple of hours due to my oily skin. Les voilettes is the powder that's lasted a bit longer than other brands on my skin. I like the fact that it blends well and doesn't just sit on top of my foundation. I only need a tiny amount on my large powder brush.

on 4/4/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

A beautiful powder. I use it in Beige Moyen 4 over my deep dark skin and it leaves no white cast whatsoever. It completes my foundation and assist in arriving at that polished flawless look. Amazingly enough, at times I use this powder without foundation and it really lifts the appearance of my skin.
This is a light, beautiful powder and the only one which is truly compatible with my skin texture and color.
It doesn't combat the oiliness for a long time though. A touch up is needed after a two hour interval,but still no cakiness experienced whatsoever. I do adore this powder even though the price is a tad much.

on 10/27/2011 10:49:00 PM

This Guerlains old loose powder that fell victim to a remarketing exercise as mineral makeup. Let me first of all say, it's an excellent loose powder, but it's not in any way, shape or form, a mineral makeup as most people would understand it. Now let me explain. Those looking for a mineral makeup would find this formula unacceptable being as it is, basically talc and bismuth oxychloride. Now talc is granted a mineral but it's also an ingredient a lot of people are trying to avoid by buying mineral makeup. Bismuth oxychloride while perfectly fine with a lot of people is also a synthetically manufactured mineral that people with sensitive skin are also trying to avoid. It's strongly scented, all Guerlain products are. If you don't like fragrance this makeup brand will never be for you.

Now how does it perform? As a loose power to wear over foundation it's fantastic! It floats on the skin, does indeed soften lines and looks extremely natural. The formulation is sparkle free but also gives a nice glow. it has however virtually no coverage power whatsoever.i bought this powder to wear over concealer without foundation and it's not good for that unless you have flawless skin. It's a traditional
loose finishing powder, not a powder foundation.

The package is lovely but large and not at all suitable for travel. Yes even with the closing sifter top it will still make a mess. If you need a carry everywhere type of product take a look at the meteorites pressed powders in skin shades released last year.

I say this powder is a victim of a re-marketing effort because in doing so they lost the buyers who used to buy this powder as a translucent powder and it never really caught on as a mineral makeup either. if you were a fan of this as a translucent powder then fear not the repackaging. The formulation is still very much a translucent powder and it provides so little coverage and colour payoff that you could get away with using the wrong colour and never really know. They completely missed the opportunity to sell this powder as 'the finishing powder' for Lingerie De Peau, in my view.

If you like Chanels Lumiere Loose Powder then this is Guerlains comparable twin. It's a beautiful loose finishing powder in great packaging andna quality product. They just missed the boat with the marketing of it.

on 10/12/2011 10:53:00 PM

This loose powder was recommended to me by my make up artist for my wedding day. this powder is fine and smells lovely and is lilac in colour. i would recommend to people fair skinned. it has subtle shimmer, attracts light and brightens the entire face. do not expect coverage. this is more like a finishing powder. i use a big kabuki brush, brush all over my face after i apply suncreen + foundation. Good effect. i reach for it when i am due for a facial and have a dull complexion

on 10/12/2011 5:47:00 PM

This loose powder smells great and looks really nice. It's beautiful on top of foundation and definitely adds to the wear.
My only beef with this is the packaging. It's so difficult to get out and I spend more time shaking it and turning it upside down than I do applying it. It has the advantage of protection against getting out too much but there is also such a thing as too little. The container is the only reason I don't use this on a daily basis.

on 11/28/2010 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a review for the les voilettes mineral loose poweder. It's a fantastic setting powder. I have it in Beige Natural. It gives a luminous, slightly matte finish...no powdery look. I use the velvety black powder puff that comes with it to apply. Perfect. The scent of this powder is divine. I'm sensitive (particular more like) when it comes to any fragrance and it smells BEAUTIFUL...not any annoying chemical perfume smell but a very, very light orchid. This did not cause any irritation and I'm very happy with it's performance. The package is lovely...of course it's Guerlain. The price tag is hefty but typical of high end cosmetics.